Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@illusion8 If you truly have the exact same config then the decision must be made on location. Maybe they try to produce the cars that are farthest away from the factory or the most secluded SC's first to ensure they get delivered to the SC and ultimately the customer before the end of the quarter. The KC SC seems to be the closet to all of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa and Missouri. The other person who got a VIN is in Canada..... I called my SA today to make sure I would still get an SR and he said yes and it should be by the end of the quarter, he is a very nice guy but like most have stated, he is less informed than all us lurkers on these forums!

@Axeman Hi, my name is Tim, and I am..... waiting for a VIN.

Another piece of it may be the date the profile was completed.

hi folks! for those that have already taken delivery of their 7 seaters.... I wonder if there are additional airbags added for the 3rd row? according to the current manual - for version: 2020.44 (which has not been updated for 7 seat configs yet), the curtain airbags do not go past the 2nd row (see attached image).
2QGmTmf.png

Please take a look at your in-car manual and let me know what you find out!

• Informative
Reactions: PJMY and EchoDelta
i ordered on early Jan 7 seats, white long range , 20" tires and delivery to Toronto, Ontario , Canada, it supposed to be delivered on Jan 29-Feb12, then it changed to Feb 12- 19. I messaged Tesla and the my tesla delivery agent said it might affect since there is a snow storm in Texas. so no idea when it can delivery. Now the delivery date was disappeared, any one have the same experience?

i ordered on early Jan 7 seats, white long range , 20" tires and delivery to Toronto, Ontario , Canada, it supposed to be delivered on Jan 29-Feb12, then it changed to Feb 12- 19. I messaged Tesla and the my tesla delivery agent said it might affect since there is a snow storm in Texas. so no idea when it can delivery. Now the delivery date was disappeared, any one have the same experience?
I had same situation but my order was placed on Jan 6.
I called SA and she gave me Vin number and told me car will be here in 2 weeks

I've spent some time looking at the spreadsheet today. his has been stated on this forum before; but It is clear that generally the farther away from California someone is, the more likely they are to have a VIN assigned independent of order date.

Cursory Review of first half and second half of orders - arbitrarily picking 14-Jan as the demark:
  • On or Before 14-Jan order date
    • +/- 25 in 70 VINS assigned
    • 1 has been reported assigned to California,
    • None to any other west coast state;
    • All others are typically FL, NY, Mass, Canada with some other midwestern states;
  • Post 14-Jan
    • +/- 10 in 60 VINS assigned;
    • Also all to NE, Midwest, FL, or Canada;
    • Also no West Coast VINs;
This certainly seems to coincide with being able to ship and delivery West Coast deliveries quickly, and therefore waiting until close to quarter end to delivery those cars.

Not sure that the above is necessarily helpful, but just my observations from the sheet this morning.

I've spent some time looking at the spreadsheet today. his has been stated on this forum before; but It is clear that generally the farther away from California someone is, the more likely they are to have a VIN assigned independent of order date.

Cursory Review of first half and second half of orders - arbitrarily picking 14-Jan as the demark:
  • On or Before 14-Jan order date
    • +/- 25 in 70 VINS assigned
    • 1 has been reported assigned to California,
    • None to any other west coast state;
    • All others are typically FL, NY, Mass, Canada with some other midwestern states;
  • Post 14-Jan
    • +/- 10 in 60 VINS assigned;
    • Also all to NE, Midwest, FL, or Canada;
    • Also no West Coast VINs;
This certainly seems to coincide with being able to ship and delivery West Coast deliveries quickly, and therefore waiting until close to quarter end to delivery those cars.

Not sure that the above is necessarily helpful, but just my observations from the sheet this morning.

thanks for the info. I think it also depends if you have a 5 or 7 seater as I am in FL and ordered a 7 seater on 1/8. No VIN yet. Hopefully soon!

Also, the additional variable here is the configuration. So far i don't see any SR 7 seater delivered in mid west, only saw one or two delivered in east coast, that is all. I am thinking SR will see a huge delivery push in March as anyway they stopped taking new orders.

Also, the additional variable here is the configuration. So far i don't see any SR 7 seater delivered in mid west, only saw one or two delivered in east coast, that is all. I am thinking SR will see a huge delivery push in March as anyway they stopped taking new orders.

Which is great, with every passing day/delay, we have a better chance at double-dipping with the green-act $7,000 credit !

Not necessarily. Tesla does not necessarily put their VINs in sequential order. I just received a VIN, 115,xxx, but I have a build date of February 13, 2021. What is your build date?

Interesting. I always thought the last 6 digit of the VIN represent the number of vehicles built up to that point for a particular market; in this case, NA. I guess Tesla doesn't follow the standard.

vin-decoder.svg

Reactions: Jemblue7my
FYI: My SA today on my 112XXX VIN stated that it includes heated steering wheel, center console but that the updated headlights are only for Performance models right now.

Anyone who received VIN less than 120XXX - could you comment whether you have new center console or the old one?
I talked to my SA about my 116XXX VIN, and he seemed to be convinced it was an old console version. Very curious to see whaat others are seeing. I also ordered center console wrap already, based on my SA message - would be good to know whether I need to cancel that :)