Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! After reading DmARK's post, I was getting a little worried. You're giving me hope for a VIN before the end of quarter. I ordered at the end of January.
LR/W ext/Black int/19/no FSD/no tow hitch
Ditto - we all have similar configs and I’m 1/22 order in SoCal. If they delay to June with all the orders that have been filled recently with March order dates around the country, I would be highly annoyed and potentially unhappy enough to go a different route.

That said - we all knew about the end of the quarter madness, bring it on!

Reactions: Mcerwing87
Placed my order 3/12 for MYLR, White, White interior, 20" wheels in the Bay Area but didn't feel quite confident I would receive it before the quarter ended given how many people are in queue on the google doc.

Checked the existing inventory nearby in the Bay Area and there were (and still are!) several non-demo vehicles in blue and red with my same specs. Placed a separate order for blue and spoke to a SA-- VIN is already showing on my account & MVPA. MVPA shows 15 miles on the vehicle, VIN 157xxx. I initially wanted blue, so it works out!

I've been reading that the vehicles listed here may not meet quality standards...I'm hoping that's not the case. We'll see what happens! Just waiting for someone to contact me for delivery.
Delivery is scheduled on my manage orders page for 3/27! Haven’t been contacted by anyone, just saw it updated this morning.

This is my exact Config and almost my exact order date except I went with the LR.
I just got off the phone with Tesla and they said based on their projection tool I may be delayed until June.

June?!?

What was disconcerting is apparently there are exact match vehicles that are pre production (nearly complete with vins issued) that they may be able to match me with if I canceled my order and started a fresh order. I would forfeit my deposit and would have to pay the current MY price ($1000 more than my current price) but I may be able to get something delivered in the next week or so.

The rep I spoke to was great, but it blew my mind that the only way to get Tesla to make good on our agreement (though still almost a month later than their initial worst case delivery projection) was to CANCEL my original agreement and pay a higher price.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any suggestions or solutions you have been made aware of?

I really dislike that I have to be the one to call and try to needle info out of the company that, in my opinion, should be offered up freely to the buyers. Fortunately the Tesla Rep I spoke to is on it and has been incredibly helpful in navigating the inner workings.

One last thing I found interesting was he mentioned that Tesla’s normal quarterly model dedicates the first two months of car production to overseas orders and the final month of the quarter to domestic delivery. This will most likely change with the China and Berlin factories starting to lessen the strain and local production should even out once Texas starts to see cars roll out toward the end of the year.

This is my exact Config and almost my exact order date except I went with the LR.
I just got off the phone with Tesla and they said based on their projection tool I may be delayed until June.

June?!?

What was disconcerting is apparently there are exact match vehicles that are pre production (nearly complete with vins issued) that they may be able to match me with if I canceled my order and started a fresh order. I would forfeit my deposit and would have to pay the current MY price ($1000 more than my current price) but I may be able to get something delivered in the next week or so.

The rep I spoke to was great, but it blew my mind that the only way to get Tesla to make good on our agreement (though still almost a month later than their initial worst case delivery projection) was to CANCEL my original agreement and pay a higher price.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any suggestions or solutions you have been made aware of?

I really dislike that I have to be the one to call and try to needle info out of the company that, in my opinion, should be offered up freely to the buyers. Fortunately the Tesla Rep I spoke to is on it and has been incredibly helpful in navigating the inner workings.

One last thing I found interesting was he mentioned that Tesla’s normal quarterly model dedicates the first two months of car production to overseas orders and the final month of the quarter to domestic delivery. This will most likely change with the China and Berlin factories starting to lessen the strain and local production should even out once Texas starts to see cars roll out toward the end of the year.
I actually had the same experience earlier this week, except my order date was 3/15/2019(!). The guy I spoke to (Shane?) originally told me I’d be waiting til June and was surprised I hadn’t been delivered yet. Somehow my account kept getting bumped because of trade in offer cycling or something else. We hung up, with me expecting a June delivery, then he called my back 30 minutes later when he found an unmatched car in pre-production with my config (MYLR 7s msm/black/19”/FSD/no tow) Except this one had a tow hitch. I’d have to pay the $100 order fee, but the vehicle price actually aligned with my reservation (car was $3k cheaper but FSD was $3k more, go figure) and I planned to do an aftermarket hitch anyways. I originally paid a $2500 deposit on my order all those years ago, which I should get back from Tesla. Long story short, I agreed to it. I now have a new reservation with a VIN number, but no delivery date yet. I’ll keep you updated on that. I have not yet cancelled my original reservation... waiting for a delivery date before I put all eggs in the new basket. I got re-approved for a loan in minutes (no credit pull, and lower rate!) and trade-in got transferred to the new reservation. BTW if you need help, try [email protected] for trade in questions and [email protected] for loan questions. They are really quick to respond and actually get stuff done.

Probably will drive some folks nuts but our rep we were talking to said they had some cars available. We were looking at LR, white, black int, 19 wheels, 7 seat, tow hitch. She said they had one except was white interior.. Put my $100 down last night and have the VIN. Car is a 158 and has manufacture date of 3/22 and we will likely pick it up in a week!

Just looked at the spreadsheet and there have been 3 blue MY's delivered in Cali. They were the only ones with white seats. Now only the black seats are left... could this mean... I dare to say!
Here’s to blue with black interior! Hoping you get your vin right before mine and both soon. My SA texted me that I “should be assigned to one soon.”

Last week, I checked Tesla's existing inventory to see if there's a match for my configuration (order placed on 2/1) and did not see one. I check just now, and sure enough there's my build for sale in the Bay Area.
1616698389721.png

Seriously, Tesla? SMH.

I have been waiting for my Blue/Black 7 seater with 19" wheels since mid-January. In the last few days, I have been told both that I have a soft match and that I might be waiting until mid-April. Of note, all in-stock 7 seaters in Seattle are with white interiors. Maybe the black ones are on the way?

Reactions: bluenycom