Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bellevue here. I ordered 1/26 with the same configuration as SBperson ... who ordered on 2/17 and just got a VIN in SoCal!!! I will take it as a sign that this configuration is coming off the assembly line and that I will receive my VIN shortly :)

Still waiting for mine, Pierce county here. Ordered 2/3 though. Good luck, here's to hoping you're next!

Pierce county as well. LR-7 AWD MSM, black interior, 19", no hitch, no FSD. Ordered 2/20. No VIN, no estimate. SA says before end of March... fingers crossed

Not mechanical. There is an array or “matrix” of LEDs that can be dimmed or brightened like the pixels of a TV to project the desired beam pattern.
So sorry to beat this to death. See the picture below. I was under the impression that the part I marked is new in the new headlights and then assumed (I know the danger of that) that it probably swiveled. Looks like it would. And it doesn’t seem to have anything to do with arrays of LEDs.
7DE4BCCA-DE1E-447C-B9D3-5152164F50EA.jpeg

So sorry to beat this to death. See the picture below. I was under the impression that the part I marked is new in the new headlights and then assumed (I know the danger of that) that it probably swiveled. Looks like it would. And it doesn’t seem to have anything to do with arrays of LEDs.
View attachment 645452
One other thing to add. I texted my SA about my hopes of getting a Y with the new lights. He replied this. Makes it sound like the lights are not coming to non-Performance Ys at all. Is this true? Who knows.

SA: “we got a field update that only the performance Model Y lights will be getting this update. I have it on my 3 but I don't really understand the update. I don't really notice any real difference at night”

View attachment 645452

Totally appreciate your frustration. Not long after I resigned myself to chilling out, I received the "prepare for delivery" email. After that, things moved quickly. I got that email 48 hours ago, and have since made final payment, signed loan docs, and gotten insurance. My account page was pretty clear on what steps I needed to perform. Portland SA called me this morning to arrange delivery to my driveway for tomorrow morning. So the waiting is tough, but then that turns on a dime. Now it's go time!

Thank you. Please let us know how your delivery experience was.

Reactions: Dy/dt
After my 4/19/19 MY7st LR RWD order was canceled unceremoniously and without any notice or warning, I just got a $2500 check in the mail. After calling, i was told no RWD LR and that I would need to order SR AWD or LR AWD. So we reordered on 1/20, completed profile on 1/21. MY7, no FSD, no hitch, 20inch wheels, SR, Blue/Black. Not entirely elated about it, SF bay area, and we dont ski, so AWD isnt really a necessity, but we want the car. Still no VIN, SA less than helpful, though she keeps saying, delivery will happen - though i dont have much faith in her....We just turned in our leased last week, so we're down to one car, which is fine now, but if schools start opening and we need to start going back to the office, we'll need a car sooner rather than later. I teeter between having patience and getting mad at the whole situation and then when I see Elon spending time and energy re-naming his position and others, I makes me really doubt the whole process. Feels like we're all just giving them a pass, because the product in the end is likely quality. I wonder though if we stopped giving Elon/Tesla a pass and started holding their feet to the fire, canceling orders or just not making orders, if they'd change. Eventually, there are going to be other products, decent enough to compete in this space.

After my 4/19/19 MY7st LR RWD order was canceled unceremoniously and without any notice or warning, I just got a $2500 check in the mail. After calling, i was told no RWD LR and that I would need to order SR AWD or LR AWD. So we reordered on 1/20, completed profile on 1/21. MY7, no FSD, no hitch, 20inch wheels, SR, Blue/Black. Not entirely elated about it, SF bay area, and we dont ski, so AWD isnt really a necessity, but we want the car. Still no VIN, SA less than helpful, though she keeps saying, delivery will happen - though i dont have much faith in her....We just turned in our leased last week, so we're down to one car, which is fine now, but if schools start opening and we need to start going back to the office, we'll need a car sooner rather than later. I teeter between having patience and getting mad at the whole situation and then when I see Elon spending time and energy re-naming his position and others, I makes me really doubt the whole process. Feels like we're all just giving them a pass, because the product in the end is likely quality. I wonder though if we stopped giving Elon/Tesla a pass and started holding their feet to the fire, canceling orders or just not making orders, if they'd change. Eventually, there are going to be other products, decent enough to compete in this space.
Yeah, I agree with you. A company of this size should not have these types of issues. I think once they have some more concrete competition they will have the start addressing these issues. Until we get more competition we're stuck with the current situation.

Reactions: bonfire62
Another Oregonian... Yay!!
Nice! Feels like I’ve been checking every 10 minutes to see if a vin appears on my account. Really hoping to get it delivered some time next week but feeling doubtful. Also anyone hear of any extra incentive for the end of the quarter rush? When we got our model 3 in Sep 2019 we got 2 yrs of super charging but haven’t heard of anything this go around.

Some food for thought....

LR isn't just for AWD though. It's dual motor, which makes the vehicle more efficient, which is why it has a longer range. Personally I'm in Florida, so I don't need AWD for anything. My Model S was single motor and it had the perk of having a huge frunk (I could lay down inside of it and close it with some space to spare. I wouldn't have liked to have dual motor in it as the frunk is much much smaller (I may be wrong but I think it's smaller than all the Y's). But in the case of the Y LR, it's really a difference of price and range. The $2500 they gave you at least offsets the LR price difference some, but personally I went with LR with no thought at all to it being "AWD" which I could care less about, but to have fewer charging stops on road trips, especially when it's not going to be free unlimited like I had on my S (it had a range of ~230). I didn't mind the stops, but there's times if I had a little longer, I would have been able to do round trips without the need to charge.

I ordered on 1/31 and pick up Saturday, and from what I've seen, east coast got their VINs first and it sweeps towards the west. My guess is they try to do further distances first to meet KPI's knowing further distances take longer to deliver. Not a valid reason, just a guess.

"I see Elon spending time and energy re-naming his position and other" This comment made me laugh though because Elon spends time an energy in many places other than that... such as SpaceX. I'm personally amazed this man can do as much as he is doing. One day he's unveiling a new and most technologically advanced vehicle the next day he's launching the most technologically advanced rockets into space. Then the following day he's spending time in underground hyperloop, ending the week with spending time on a brain-machine.

Again, not an excuse for the frustrations of purchasing a Tesla, but think about this: when you buy an ICE vehicle, the dealership has done all of this for you. They placed the orders, purchased the vehicles, pushed back on cars with back QC issues, detailed them, and put them on the lot for you to come buy them. As a Tesla customer, you are starting this process from the start. Some argue that the cost of the vehicle should mean we don't have to go through these frustrations; however, the average price for a new car according to Edmonds is $40,573, the Y base price is $49,990. So this argument would be more relevant on ordering maybe a new S/X, but not so much the Y/3.

Still frustrating none the less (I still refresh my page multiple times even though I pick up Saturday from the effect of this process and impatience although nothing is going to change on the account!). When I got my S, which was a CPO, it took this long too, but well worth the wait!!

• Love
Reactions: EchoDelta
LR isn't just for AWD though. It's dual motor, which makes the vehicle more efficient, which is why it has a longer range.
Actually the AWD reduces range on the Model 3 and Y over RWD. (It originally increased it for the Model S because they used a smaller more efficient motor in the front for cruising, but on the 3&Y they always used the more efficient motor in the RWD, so AWD just adds extra weight and rolling resistance.)

Actually the AWD reduces range on the Model 3 and Y over RWD. (It originally increased it for the Model S because they used a smaller more efficient motor in the front for cruising, but on the 3&Y they always used the more efficient motor in the RWD, so AWD just adds extra weight and rolling resistance.)
Did they have RWD (not SR) on the Y? SR was single motor and its range was much lower than the LR. If it was RWD with same/higher range than LR then it's a different story. I would have chosen the RWD with LR range myself too.

Did they have RWD (not SR) on the Y? SR was single motor and its range was much lower than the LR. If it was RWD with same/higher range than LR then it's a different story. I would have chosen the RWD with LR range myself too.

They originally advertised it, but then it appears that they decided not to build the LR RWD Model Y. But the point was that, unlike your claim, an AWD is not more efficient than a RWD one.

They originally advertised it, but then it appears that they decided not to build the LR RWD Model Y. But the point was that, unlike your claim, an AWD is not more efficient than a RWD one.
I understand, you made a good point. I was more comparing the current SR RWD and LR AWD, the two options we have now, and that in this case the AWD gives you a longer range than the RWD on the Y's. I didn't recall a LR RWD as I wasn't in the market for a Y when it was advertised.

I'm wondering if the range on a LR RWD ended up being less than the LR AWD for the Y like on the S/X, that it wasn't marketable so they axed that option. When it comes to Tesla... who knows.