Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I talked to my SA about potentially taking a demo MY 7 seaters yesterday. He did give me the specs on a few and you’re right, they don’t have the updated center console, but they all had the heated steering wheel.
Yeah, I ended up getting details on the demo one that I was potentially in line for. Apparently the second row moving forward mechanism got broken (which seems to be somewhat common) and is currently getting fixed. They offered it to me again and attached it to my account, but it’s the old center console with heated steering wheel.

Took a look at the comparison between the old and new, I think I prefer the new but it’s hard to keep waiting honestly and not know when I’d get the next one coming.

I have a coming not scheduled pick up on March 23rd pick up at Costa Mesa Southern California for a
White Long Range AWD 19 wheel white and black interior, No FSD. If you want, I can transfer to you. VIN is 15*****
PM me if you want or I will postpone and pass this car. Want to see how green act goes and my company still work at home till August.

Just got this text few seconds ago.

Tesla Update - Your Tesla delivery appointment has been tentatively scheduled for 3/24 at 12PM.

We will reach out 24-48 hours prior to this appointment to confirm your availability and delivery location. Please log into tesla.com/teslaaccount to submit all tasks prior to your appointment. To make changes to your appointment, call 714-545-1800 opt 4.
You're able to transfer it? I ordered that same config, and pickup is in costa mesa. No vin for me yet

Ordered my 7 seater in white/black interior on 2/6. Got my VIN 3/18 and on 3/20 a rep called to say my car will be delivered to Atlanta on 3/24. I live in Louisiana so I paid the $750 extra for home delivery. Does anyone have experience on the timing between delivery to the Tesla facility in Atlanta and home delivery?

Reactions: Pgiadr00
I would recommend working through an SA directly (assuming its legit)
Of coz it need go through a SA. But if I don't know another buyers cell, what should I tell Tesla SA? someone may want my spot, can you give to him when he calls?

If there is no trust to send a cell number, I would not help but just tell my SA that I will postpone, some lucky person will get it anyway.

• Funny
Reactions: Axeman
Delivery day was 2 days ago and I wanted to share my experience at Burbank, CA.

Pre-delivery:
Smooth except for one thing. I'm in the military and wanted to register my car in my home state and not California. Got a call 3 hours prior to delivery saying that wouldn't be possible. The options were delay delivery and maybe we could figure something out (they wanted me to do the legwork and figure out how to do it) or register in California. Not worth the hassle, register it in California. Other than that pretty good. Won't apply to most people but if you're military and want to register out of state do some homework and have the steps ready for them.

Delivery:
Originally was told on the phone that I could do an exterior inspection but would have to accept delivery in order to look at the inside. I just talked to the people on site when I got there and they let me in the car to inspect. FWIW I didn't use a checklist for the walkaround and I was mainly concerned with non-cosmetic issues. I didn't note any cosmetic issues that I could tell. Potentially the passenger side A pillar could be adjusted to sit more flush with the roof (it's solid though and doesn't wiggle so its good with me).

2 Issues found:
1.) The driver side 2nd row rail cover snapped off when I actuated the seat. (common issue from what the onsite representative said...so definitely check that)
2.) The 3rd row seat cushion was not snapped in on the passengers side. I could pick the cushion up off the seat. I noticed this by some exposed wires.
Maybe 3.) I found an extra plastic piece that looks like it should be a cover of some kind in the passengers door side compartment. Looks cosmetic and I can't figure out where it should go. Oh well. Probably not important if I cant find where it should go.

Both of these were fixed on site while we went and explored Macys for 30 minutes. The onsite representatives were helpful (more so than the representatives on the phone)

Post Delivery:
No rattles and no issues (knocking on wood). This thing is amazing and I find myself walking outside just to look at it again. "Hey honey, you need me to run to the store for something? Anything? Please?"

Hopefully this helps someone.

Delivery day was 2 days ago and I wanted to share my experience at Burbank, CA.

Pre-delivery:
Smooth except for one thing. I'm in the military and wanted to register my car in my home state and not California. Got a call 3 hours prior to delivery saying that wouldn't be possible. The options were delay delivery and maybe we could figure something out (they wanted me to do the legwork and figure out how to do it) or register in California. Not worth the hassle, register it in California. Other than that pretty good. Won't apply to most people but if you're military and want to register out of state do some homework and have the steps ready for them.

Delivery:
Originally was told on the phone that I could do an exterior inspection but would have to accept delivery in order to look at the inside. I just talked to the people on site when I got there and they let me in the car to inspect. FWIW I didn't use a checklist for the walkaround and I was mainly concerned with non-cosmetic issues. I didn't note any cosmetic issues that I could tell. Potentially the passenger side A pillar could be adjusted to sit more flush with the roof (it's solid though and doesn't wiggle so its good with me).

2 Issues found:
1.) The driver side 2nd row rail cover snapped off when I actuated the seat. (common issue from what the onsite representative said...so definitely check that)
2.) The 3rd row seat cushion was not snapped in on the passengers side. I could pick the cushion up off the seat. I noticed this by some exposed wires.
Maybe 3.) I found an extra plastic piece that looks like it should be a cover of some kind in the passengers door side compartment. Looks cosmetic and I can't figure out where it should go. Oh well. Probably not important if I cant find where it should go.

Both of these were fixed on site while we went and explored Macys for 30 minutes. The onsite representatives were helpful (more so than the representatives on the phone)

Post Delivery:
No rattles and no issues (knocking on wood). This thing is amazing and I find myself walking outside just to look at it again. "Hey honey, you need me to run to the store for something? Anything? Please?"

Hopefully this helps someone.
What was your config and order date?

Ordered my 7 seater in white/black interior on 2/6. Got my VIN 3/18 and on 3/20 a rep called to say my car will be delivered to Atlanta on 3/24. I live in Louisiana so I paid the $750 extra for home delivery. Does anyone have experience on the timing between delivery to the Tesla facility in Atlanta and home delivery?
I wonder if this means my car will arrive early. My delivery in ATL is set for the 28th right now white/white/NFSD

Hello everyone,

I ordered my 7 Seat/Blue/Black/19 in/LR AWD/No tow hitch/no FSD on 27 Feb, VIN assigned 20 Mar, Delivery scheduled for 25 Mar.

The original test I received from Tesla wanted to schedule me for delivery on the 27th, but I'm going to be out of town that weekend. My SA was able to work with the operations people to get the preparation and detailing set up for an earlier delivery.

Yeah, I ended up getting details on the demo one that I was potentially in line for. Apparently the second row moving forward mechanism got broken (which seems to be somewhat common) and is currently getting fixed. They offered it to me again and attached it to my account, but it’s the old center console with heated steering wheel.

Took a look at the comparison between the old and new, I think I prefer the new but it’s hard to keep waiting honestly and not know when I’d get the next one coming.
My .002....I might be in the minority here but I actually like the old console better. Reasons why are that you can change the wireless charging pad out if it breaks or swap with a better aftermarket product. I know people hate on the Jeda products because of their earlier shipping issues last year but their products are great. Also you can close that top lid on the console and have it look clean. The new console the wireless charger is fully integrated into the design. This means you cant upgrade it or change it if it breaks meaning a full console replace in the future if necessary. Also, no lid.

Reactions: EchoDelta
My .002....I might be in the minority here but I actually like the old console better. Reasons why are that you can change the wireless charging pad out if it breaks or swap with a better aftermarket product. I know people hate on the Jeda products because of their earlier shipping issues last year but their products are great. Also you can close that top lid on the console and have it look clean. The new console the wireless charger is fully integrated into the design. This means you cant upgrade it or change it if it breaks meaning a full console replace in the future if necessary. Also, no lid.
I was wondering about the charger. I put my iPhone 12 Max into the show room 3 with the new console and it didn’t charge. Assumed I could swap it out for another one but you are saying this part isn’t replaceable? I’ll guess I’ll see how everything works tomorrow when I get the car.

I was wondering about the charger. I put my iPhone 12 Max into the show room 3 with the new console and it didn’t charge. Assumed I could swap it out for another one but you are saying this part isn’t replaceable? I’ll guess I’ll see how everything works tomorrow when I get the car.
Is that potentially a size issue? My iPhone 12 Pro charged fine with the chargers I’ve tried.

Reactions: Jemblue7my