Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have any delivery information yet, but it looks like my build date was yesterday (March 25) and my car will arrive in a Colorado Tesla center (Littleton, I think) on March 29. I was told they would check the car thoroughly to make sure it is functioning ok and in good condition (I really hope they do that 😬) and then they will call or text me to schedule home delivery. That would take 2-3 days which puts me right at my birthday, April 1!. What an exciting bday present to myself...lol. Or, if something is wrong with my car then my birthday will suck 🤞🙏

I don't any delivery information yet, but it looks like my build date was yesterday (March 25) and my car will arrive in a Colorado Tesla center (Littleton, I think) on March 29. I was told they would check the car thoroughly to make sure it is functioning ok and in good condition (I really hope they do that) and then they would call or text me to schedule home delivery. That would take 2-3 days which puts me right at my birthday, April 1!. What an exciting bday present to myself...lol. Or, if something is wrong with my car then my birthday will suck 😬.
My birthday is on the 18th

I don't have any delivery information yet, but it looks like my build date was yesterday (March 25) and my car will arrive in a Colorado Tesla center (Littleton, I think) on March 29. I was told they would check the car thoroughly to make sure it is functioning ok and in good condition (I really hope they do that 😬) and then they will call or text me to schedule home delivery. That would take 2-3 days which puts me right at my birthday, April 1!. What an exciting bday present to myself...lol. Or, if something is wrong with my car then my birthday will suck 🤞🙏
How do you check the build date?

Ordered 3/24/21, MSM, 7 seats, black interior, no tow hitch or FSD. Found an existing inventory stock today in a different city, called the SC and requested to be matched to that car, and was able to get matched. No ETA on delivery date yet.

Vin 1594XX

Last edited:
Reactions: mdcone
My SA called today to tell me there was a White/Black/19"/no tow/no FSD available for assignment. Built yesterday. I passed, but if anyone is after that configuration, maybe give your SA a call. That's consistent with all the White VINs being assigned.

15 minutes later he called back and said he found a "pre-production" MSM/Black/20"/tow/no FSD--basically my configuration but adding the tow hitch--and asked if I wanted to get matched to that. I said yes. Then he tried, and it was gone. So it seems likely that MSMs are up soon.

He told me that, if I can get matched to a pre-production vehicle, I could expect delivery in the first two weeks of April. But if not, then I might be waiting until June ?!?! First I've heard of that (and I'll probably go a different route if it is going to take that long).

Anyway, my take-away from all of this is that finding a match depends, at least sometimes, on the amount of effort your SA is putting in. I think mine has been sitting on his hands for 2 months. He basically admitted as much and referred to some kind of email "problems." I think he just started looking for me today.

And so the wait continues into week 10 . . .
Thanks for the info that MSM looks like next in line. But still hoping a VIN not assigned next week.

Do you mind sharing a picture of what this is about? I’m imagining it’s plastic covers for rails, but a pic would help.
Sure. Here is that plastic piece that kept falling off while I moved the 2nd row forward to get to the 3rd row.
It’s a plastic cap at the end of the rails. The fix was to tighten up the carpet around that part of the tract.

Attachments

• 0AE9363C-EC97-40F0-BB9F-E8879D1FFDCE.jpeg
    0AE9363C-EC97-40F0-BB9F-E8879D1FFDCE.jpeg
    375.5 KB · Views: 58
Yes, many of us know how you feel. My deadline came and went almost a month ago and several have been waiting even longer than that.

To the group:
Are there any 2019 orders still waiting for VINs are is everyone matched as of today?
I am an April 2019 order and I was just matched Tuesday. My car wasn't even out of production until yesterday, so I'm sure thy are still matching VINs. You were a 2019 order too and no VIN?

Reactions: Giraffe950
Sure. Here is that plastic piece that kept falling off while I moved the 2nd row forward to get to the 3rd row.
It’s a plastic cap at the end of the rails. The fix was to tighten up the carpet around that part of the tract.
I have the exact problem. Also the single seat to lift up to access to the third row didn’t work. SC is trying to fix it. Went there twice and waiting on parts plus using a model S loaner

After about two months or so of trying to casually get hold of my SA (and after leaving about 5 or 6 voice messages) she finally answered her phone today and I switched from a 7-seat performance version to a 7-seat long range version. Hoping the Green Act passes before it actually gets delivered. I missed out on the $1000 price decrease that happened in the interim time though it looks like.
Well I got the email saying my order was changed, but it is messed up...they have me down as a 5-seater and they are charging me the full $10,000 for FSD...

Ordered 7 seat SR/white ext/black int/tow hitch on 1/12 and just took delivery today. Got direct delivery down here on the Gulf Coast. Glad I was home because Tesla gave me no heads up that it was arriving. Truck driver wasn’t even given my number to contact me. It worked out though and haven’t found any major issues with it yet. I hope everyone waiting gets theirs soon.

Ordered 7 seat SR/white ext/black int/tow hitch on 1/12 and just took delivery today. Got direct delivery down here on the Gulf Coast. Glad I was home because Tesla gave me no heads up that it was arriving. Truck driver wasn’t even given my number to contact me. It worked out though and haven’t found any major issues with it yet. I hope everyone waiting gets theirs soon.

Lol wat. That's ridiculous

Reactions: Jemblue7my