Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After sitting on August 06 - September 17 for the past two month, my updated EDD got pushed back to August 31 - October 05 mid this week. Was hoping to turn my lease in and pick the the MY during this period, I purchased my lease at lease-end instead and spent $2K on maintenance and tires. Not looking forward to $600/month gas and interest rate hikes. My only consolation is I might get a rear cargo cover (not sure if it'll even be available for the 7-seater) and maybe my model year designation will be 2023. Cheers.

I've been waiting since summer of 2021 for White MYLR7 + Inductions. Have had so many delivery windows come and go starting since November of last year I can't keep track. The one two weeks ago that just pushed into August-September was the last straw with our vacation coming up and we actually need the car. We have 2 toddlers, so we don't really NEED the 7 seats anyway, it was just for once or twice a year usage. Oh well. Not worth waiting for anymore after a year into this delay game. Fed up with the FSD add then cancel scammers getting 90% of the 7 seater VINs.

We switched to MYP with no extras on Sunday, assuming I'd go to the back of the MYP line, but at least it's a short line that moves fast and they actually reliably deliver those within a few months. I hoped for a July-August delivery but I got a VIN and phone call for delivery 2 days after switching my order, delivery 7 days after giving up on the MYLR7. One bonus is the MYP is actually cheaper since they honored the old prices and I had no add-ons with this one. It's almost if they just wait you out long enough to push you into the MYP instead. Seems like they refuse to make large batches of 7 seaters for some reason judging by all the people waiting 9-12+ months with a new delay surprise every time you log in to the app.
I'm waiting for my October 2021 White MYLR7. Got delivery June 30, financed, fund wired in, then they removed my VIN right before delivery time. I was told I'd be in the priority. Had EDD changed to July1-9, then July 15-29 now Aug29-Sep30. They are playing the quarter end game again. So we were just talking if we should changed to 5 seater because they are just keeping pushing back 7 seaters.

I'm waiting for my October 2021 White MYLR7. Got delivery June 30, financed, fund wired in, then they removed my VIN right before delivery time. I was told I'd be in the priority. Had EDD changed to July1-9, then July 15-29 now Aug29-Sep30. They are playing the quarter end game again. So we were just talking if we should changed to 5 seater because they are just keeping pushing back 7 seaters.
Never heard of Tesla cancelling after delivery date and VIN is confirmed. That's crazy!

Folks who got the delivery, is it worth 1 year wait ? I am convinced my 2021 oct order will either be delivered in 2022 sep or dec during the quarter end push. In the hindsight never would have ordered if it took this long. My EDD has been TBD for few weeks now. Finally went to ICE dealerships over summer, definitely getting more for the money, better build, more luxurious, more features and more importantly a comfortable 3rd row but then again its not electric. Maybe compromise with a hybrid or PHEV. Not sure if its worth giving up now given the price appreciation.

Reactions: fishy21
Folks who got the delivery, is it worth 1 year wait ? I am convinced my 2021 oct order will either be delivered in 2022 sep or dec during the quarter end push. In the hindsight never would have ordered if it took this long. My EDD has been TBD for few weeks now. Finally went to ICE dealerships over summer, definitely getting more for the money, better build, more luxurious, more features and more importantly a comfortable 3rd row but then again its not electric. Maybe compromise with a hybrid or PHEV. Not sure if its worth giving up now given the price appreciation.
My backup plan is the plug in Kia Sorento. Great car for the money.

Yes, I would not have ordered if I knew Tesla customer service is the worst in the industry

My backup plan is the plug in Kia Sorento. Great car for the money.

Yes, I would not have ordered if I knew Tesla customer service is the worst in the industry
I looked at the sorento plug in bc one was available locally for immediate delivery early June 2022. I watched some youtube reviews and was disappointed that it really can't drive in EV mode only. That's a deal breaker in my book so I didn't even try to test drive it.

I test drove the Volvo XC 90 plug in last summer. It was super nice and can drive in pure EV but it was almost 15K more than MYLR7. The federal tax credit would have helped...I think it was around 5500...I just didn't see the value since I really wanted something fully electric.

A few Kia EV6s popped in locally in May and early June 2022 but it was just too small for my family's needs. I didn't even take up the sales person's offer to test drive it.

I honestly wanted to buy something else but at this point in time, there's nothing available with a 3rd row that compares imo. Also, while I'm not a fan of Tesla service communication, once my car is at the service center or via mobile, it's been very smooth and issue free.

I do think in my case, it was worth the wait...delivered late June 2022. It definitely helped that the car is worth more than what I paid...I ordered in mid October 2021 between a few price increases.

Good luck with your decision. I wouldn't blame anyone for going with something else after waiting and waiting and waiting.

Reactions: HeavyFeather
With an Oct order date, you should consider selling your MY. You’ll prob make a good amount to cover the cost of an ICE.

The only advantage Tesla has over an ICE is EV vs gas price. Otherwise, I would give up the MY in a heartbeat.

I looked at the sorento plug in bc one was available locally for immediate delivery early June 2022. I watched some youtube reviews and was disappointed that it really can't drive in EV mode only. That's a deal breaker in my book so I didn't even try to test drive it.

I test drove the Volvo XC 90 plug in last summer. It was super nice and can drive in pure EV but it was almost 15K more than MYLR7. The federal tax credit would have helped...I think it was around 5500...I just didn't see the value since I really wanted something fully electric.

A few Kia EV6s popped in locally in May and early June 2022 but it was just too small for my family's needs. I didn't even take up the sales person's offer to test drive it.

I honestly wanted to buy something else but at this point in time, there's nothing available with a 3rd row that compares imo. Also, while I'm not a fan of Tesla service communication, once my car is at the service center or via mobile, it's been very smooth and issue free.

I do think in my case, it was worth the wait...delivered late June 2022. It definitely helped that the car is worth more than what I paid...I ordered in mid October 2021 between a few price increases.

Good luck with your decision. I wouldn't blame anyone for going with something else after waiting and waiting and waiting.
What's your configuration?? My OD was 10/28 and my EDD has been pushed back like 10 times

Sorry for your trouble, I am hoping the same doesnt happen to me, Did they give you a Freemont VIN or an Austin VIN, Austin has an "A' in it.