Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
long time listener, first time caller:

MYLR7, White/Black, 19", no Tow
OD: 5/28/22
Original EDD: Dec '22 - Mar '23
EDD1: 12/3 - 1/28
EDD2: Jan '23 - Apr '23
FSD added: 6/29
EDD3: 12/3 - 1/28
EDD4: Jan '23 - Apr '23

it seems that EDD's are adjusted on Tuesdays (might be old news for most here), but wondering why it keeps flipping back to generic 'Jan -Apr' EDD...

This whole order system is flawed. The EDD is a total joke, and customer service is non-existent...but who cares, take my $70k while I look around for panel gaps and flaws in the interior while my wife signs the paperwork. I was told when I purchased my car that we would have it April-May of 2022. Sorry I am so salty, but I am having a difficult time parting with this much money and having such a terrible system and a complete and total lack of customer service.

On the one hand it makes me feel a bit better that I'm not alone with the ridiculous wait time. On the other hand we shouldn't even be this far out from our original EDDs. My brother just ordered a MYP and he's probably going to get it before I get my MY7. Again, thanks in part to the incompetent sales agent that placed my order at the dealership.

I am more than a year mark now since I ordered in July 2021. I was supposed to get the car end of last year. Now 7 months later, I am still more than a month in EDD range. Seeing people ordered many months after me getting delivery. This is just unacceptable.
I placed mine 7/20/2021 for a most basic Model Y (LR 5 seater black seats with 19" wheels) and like you am still waiting. Made configuration change to LR 7 seater with white seats in late July and EDD moved to 9/10~10/22 (EDD was end of Oct to end of the year IIRC). I think it might have something to do with me trying to postpone the delivery hoping for the BBB to pass (with 7.5K credit) so they didn't start counting until I released the hold (or forced to release not sure now). Did you hold your order coincidentally?

Not sure how they can still sell the 7 seaters on their website considering people cannot get them in less than 10 months. Probably more like a year+

edit: nevermind, someone on here got my exact spec in like 3 months by adding FSD. (California person)
What was their OD? I've seen FSD speed up delivery dates, but primarily for people that ordered last year as well. I added FSD to my OD April 2022 LR7 in early July and it hasn't updated my Dec-Feb EDD