Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely hear you. I will not pay, out of principle at this point. Separate from the FSD prioritizing shenanigans, I don't believe FSD will be worth it, from a technical perspective, but also I don't think I'd evolve to the point of trusting it beyond AP and/or EAP, which they don't offer anymore. I did antipate checking out FSD via the monthly subscription and evolving/changing my opinions (they break-even after FOUR years 😲), but I'm not at a point of dropping $10k for the capability. Finally, there are some lawsuits involving FSD allowing to proceed... if they play out against tesla, it could significantly disrupt the whole plan. Jurys don't always return decisions that make sense, ask McDonald's after the hot coffee suit. I acknowledge this is my opinion and I could absolutely be wrong, but I'm not at a point of dropping $10k for either faster delivery or the capability. Others obviously have a different take (or the financial means to take the leap/dont care), and that's all good. 👍

I'll continue waiting while soul searching, trying to evaluate if/when I jump ship either to a Premium Plus e-tron... or maybe dropping the 3rd row. I assume if I don't get a VIN by the end of the quarter, it'll be another 2 months min as they go back to the east coast for the start of the next quarter (I'm taking delivery in Vegas). Tesla has a lot of good selling points, however their recent business model behavior, promotion/deferrance on word of mouth assumptions/hype from others doing their bidding, stance on [zero] customer focus, and overall arrogance that we should be grateful to have the opportunity to buy their product are definitely not their strengths.

100%. I refuse to pay for FSD to be a beta tester. They should be paying me!

Several months ago, I thought I would have a new car by the beginning of of summer. Now, I’ll be lucky if I get it before the end of the year.

I might just put a refundable deposit on the e-tron, just because.
@afscotch I was refusing to add FSD all along and was in the same boat, and I still am. I don't think I'll ever use it just because I don't trust others driving and probably won't trust software. I'm an AI person and love new tech, so I may start to like it but prefer to try it on a monthly subscription basis before deciding.

@fishy21 I don't think it is worth 10K.

It has taken a lot of my mental space and I find myself endlessly browsing the internet to figure it out, knowing very well that no one has any clue. Also, I can't plan a long summer vacation, especially outside the country, which just feels like a hostage. I fully plan to remove it after VIN, and if I can't, I'll refuse delivery. If they cancel the order, I will go to e-Tron or EV6, both of which I have not yet test drove.

Reactions: fishy21
Agree on the OTA and supercharger points, especially OTA. I do a couple long trips a year probably, and am not overly swayed on using that outer edge case to be the deciding factor. My CCS adapter came in this week, so I'm not wed exclusively to the Tesla network going forward either.

I'll agree the Tesla is the better tech, but for MS that doesn't automatically equate that to the better car, especially one I'll be spending 450 miles a week in.

Looking at the TMC spreadsheet, which isn't perfect but insightful than someone thumbs downing every post that doesn't gush over a car we don't have...

LR7s:
59 VINs in 2022 though May (5 months)
13 of those didn't have FSD (i.e. 13 non-FSD in 6 months)
8 of those orders were before my OD, 51 were after
11 orders before my OD still show no VIN, so at this rate I should anticipate a VIN in Nov, 14 after ordering. Yes, imperfect data, so it could improve, but could also get worse as more people have added FSD to accelerate delivery.
Where do you find these stats on the LR7’s? Thanks

Where do you find these stats on the LR7’s? Thanks
The sticky at the top of the Y production thread. If you haven't put your info in, recommend you do and more importantly keep it current.

Hi, everybody. Here are the links for this project:

Reactions: casefresh
Wow you guys who ordered in Sep/Oct of 2021 just getting your MY7s now (well almost).. I ordered in March with FSD and everything and was upset my DD is Oct - Jan 2023 still. Damn haha. At this rate I might just do a lease takeover and call it a day. Wait till 4680 cells to buy.

Wow you guys who ordered in Sep/Oct of 2021 just getting your MY7s now (well almost).. I ordered in March with FSD and everything and was upset my DD is Oct - Jan 2023 still. Damn haha. At this rate I might just do a lease takeover and call it a day. Wait till 4680 cells to buy.
Upset?! Hahaha buckle in my friend

Edit: Pro tip, delete the tesla app and check your order once a month for sanity.