Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back on Jan 20th a lot of folks changed to TBD. It sounded like a system thing at the time and after a few hours mine when to a 2.5 week window (Jan 17 - Jan 31), followed by JUNE, then a whole slew of missed EDDs. Did you change something or call Tesla about something?
I wish mine would show different EDDs instead of delaying the EDD months. ordered 1/24/21 7 seats LR

Sales rep texted me and confirmed its the intel chip. I'm asking them about delaying delivery so that I can get a vin with the AMD ryzen chip. I figure that probably makes sense... I don't really need the vehicle right now, but I plan to keep it for 10 years or longer. Better chip for a little extra wait seems worth it.

Will let you guys know what they say.

I got this message back:

"We can remove the VIN and place your order on a 14 day hold. By doing this you will have to take delivery of the next VIN you are assigned or your order will be subjected to auto cancellation. Would you like to proceed with removing the VIN and placing order on a 14 day hold.?"

I guess it's worth giving it a shot. What do you guys think, go with it?

!!!!

I just got a text that they assigned a VIN to me.

Asked if they can confirm the battery and chip yet, they said not yet but will tell me soon.

I got this message back:

"We can remove the VIN and place your order on a 14 day hold. By doing this you will have to take delivery of the next VIN you are assigned or your order will be subjected to auto cancellation. Would you like to proceed with removing the VIN and placing order on a 14 day hold.?"

I guess it's worth giving it a shot. What do you guys think, go with it?
Just be aware you could wait some time for the next one. Some people will get a new VIN quick and others like me, I gave up a VIN in mid December and am still waiting. If you have a serviceable car now then it may be worth the wait but if you need something soon you may want to take it.

Just be aware you could wait some time for the next one. Some people will get a new VIN quick and others like me, I gave up a VIN in mid December and am still waiting. If you have a serviceable car now then it may be worth the wait but if you need something soon you may want to take it.
That's good advice, thanks Firo.

I decided to put the order on hold and release the VIN. So i'm back in line, but hopefully can get the good chip soon :)

Thanks for your help guys.

Reactions: sacraM3nto