Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Things have changed for me, too, alittle. I didn't have a hard constraint time wise when I placed the order back in early Aug, 8 months later I'm 10,000 miles closer to an unplanned expense for the current car (turbos on my 535), and planned expenses like brakes and new set of tires by the end of the summer. The usefulness of the Y's 3rd row is time limited too, as kids grow, so I anticipated after a couple years it wouldn't get much use. Since my Y order, I placed a pre-march 1st order for a R1S, that will become the 7 seater from the usefulness perspective (unless something else comes along in the next couple years) over the Y. I anticipated reassessing the need for Y then for something anyway, based on market, our satisfaction with it, family situation, etc.

While I would prefer the MYLR7 at my Aug price over a base etron based on where we are as a family, if it's going to take another 10k to get a car I'm going to put the extra 10k into useful things like the ventilated seats and adaptive suspension instead of a bribe for vaper-ware. I understand if Tesla was having legitimate supply issues pushing orders as a whole to the right, but it pretty obvious it's all about the margin and my patience for their intelligently dishonest practice of basically forcing people into adding FSD and playing us the whole time is wearing thin. I'm not convinced tesla's behavior suddenly changes after delivery... want an appointment for something... sorry we have to cancel your appointment from 2 months ago because a FSD showed up yesterday.
With you 100%. Exact same situation. OD July, 3 young kids, 7 seater has a short life span. I’ve started shopping around too and have some deposits in. Had an offer on the table for the BZ4X too. In the end, with crazy markups, the MY from mid last year is still a deal (and only 3 row option). My next move might be to lease another Bolt to tide me over… sigh

With you 100%. Exact same situation. OD July, 3 young kids, 7 seater has a short life span. I’ve started shopping around too and have some deposits in. Had an offer on the table for the BZ4X too. In the end, with crazy markups, the MY from mid last year is still a deal (and only 3 row option). My next move might be to lease another Bolt to tide me over… sigh
You ordered in July and are still waiting?! Any holds? Obviously no FSD added if you are still waiting.

Stopped at the Tesla DC on the way to Audi. Was told by the person at the desk she only sees what I see, so said great what do you see for the factory gate date and then she said she can't tell me that. She also said they stopped prioritizing FSD in April. Given they train their folks to lie (they do see more, like the factory gate), I have no reason to believe they stopped prioritizing FSD in April. No info on my actual reservation, but they did have a 7 seat demo for the first time in 6 months.
Not everyone has the same access, so they may not have been lying. I was chatting with my service centre and they said they get very little information. In fact, a lot of the changes they find out the same time as the customers.

I talked to 2 sales representative about fsd and removing fsd before delivery and both of them said there is no penalty.

I added fsd and am planning on removing before delivery date. I’m not sure if fsd actually moves up the date, but it seems like there is a possibility. If there’s a possibility and no risk, I’m going to do it and it might be a good idea if y’all do it to if you want a possible earlier delivery date.

Reactions: fishy21 and Suns
#!@#%@%
Just got bumped by a month and back to 5 week window :mad: . so freaking furious right now.

MYLR MSM7 Black 19" noFSD OD 11/14 EDD:11/14 June 2022 sometime in Dec: July 2022 ~12/20: Mar 28-Apr 25 1/2: July 2022 1/21: Apr26-May 24 2/21: may31-jun28 3/14: may16-jun27 3/20: may 12-Jun16 3/28: may 25-Jun29 5/16:Jun17-July15 5/28:Jul10-Aug14
We have the same built. My EDD is Aug16-Sep27