Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel bad and think that corporation won again, but thinking about my order and EDD multiple times a day is taking a toll on me. I'm torn.
Definitely hear you. I will not pay, out of principle at this point. Separate from the FSD prioritizing shenanigans, I don't believe FSD will be worth it, from a technical perspective, but also I don't think I'd evolve to the point of trusting it beyond AP and/or EAP, which they don't offer anymore. I did antipate checking out FSD via the monthly subscription and evolving/changing my opinions (they break-even after FOUR years 😲), but I'm not at a point of dropping $10k for the capability. Finally, there are some lawsuits involving FSD allowing to proceed... if they play out against tesla, it could significantly disrupt the whole plan. Jurys don't always return decisions that make sense, ask McDonald's after the hot coffee suit. I acknowledge this is my opinion and I could absolutely be wrong, but I'm not at a point of dropping $10k for either faster delivery or the capability. Others obviously have a different take (or the financial means to take the leap/dont care), and that's all good. 👍

I'll continue waiting while soul searching, trying to evaluate if/when I jump ship either to a Premium Plus e-tron... or maybe dropping the 3rd row. I assume if I don't get a VIN by the end of the quarter, it'll be another 2 months min as they go back to the east coast for the start of the next quarter (I'm taking delivery in Vegas). Tesla has a lot of good selling points, however their recent business model behavior, promotion/deferrance on word of mouth assumptions/hype from others doing their bidding, stance on [zero] customer focus, and overall arrogance that we should be grateful to have the opportunity to buy their product are definitely not their strengths.

Definitely hear you. I will not pay, out of principle at this point. Separate from the FSD prioritizing shenanigans, I don't believe FSD will be worth it, from a technical perspective, but also I don't think I'd evolve to the point of trusting it beyond AP and/or EAP, which they don't offer anymore. I did antipate checking out FSD via the monthly subscription and evolving/changing my opinions (they break-even after FOUR years 😲), but I'm not at a point of dropping $10k for the capability. Finally, there are some lawsuits involving FSD allowing to proceed... if they play out against tesla, it could significantly disrupt the whole plan. Jurys don't always return decisions that make sense, ask McDonald's after the hot coffee suit. I acknowledge this is my opinion and I could absolutely be wrong, but I'm not at a point of dropping $10k for either faster delivery or the capability. Others obviously have a different take (or the financial means to take the leap/dont care), and that's all good. 👍

I'll continue waiting while soul searching, trying to evaluate if/when I jump ship either to a Premium Plus e-tron... or maybe dropping the 3rd row. I assume if I don't get a VIN by the end of the quarter, it'll be another 2 months min as they go back to the east coast for the start of the next quarter (I'm taking delivery in Vegas). Tesla has a lot of good selling points, however their recent business model behavior, promotion/deferrance on word of mouth assumptions/hype from others doing their bidding, stance on [zero] customer focus, and overall arrogance that we should be grateful to have the opportunity to buy their product are definitely not their strengths.
Cheapest e tron in my area is 80k lol no thanks

• Disagree
Reactions: Kairide

100%. I refuse to pay for FSD to be a beta tester. They should be paying me!

Several months ago, I thought I would have a new car by the beginning of of summer. Now, I’ll be lucky if I get it before the end of the year.

I might just put a refundable deposit on the e-tron, just because.

Reactions: afscotch
For a premium or a plus? MSRP for a plus is approx 77k, give or take and still qualifies for the 7,500 rebate, so roughly 70k, the same basic price of a LR with FSD if you have legacy pricing.

What do you attribute your strong bias for Tesla on, owning some stock?
I did drive the test drive the Audi e-tron a couple of times and went with a open mind. It certainly has better interiors and led lighting and that’s about it. The tech still feels outdated and nothing near Tesla’s league. Its still a good car on its own compared to other EVs. I also think that FSD is good tech. Yes, it is not perfect (and may never be) but it has indisputably improved over the last years. I think that the car technology (including OTA), supercharger network and FSD will remain the core differentiators for a while and it will be hard for others to catchup on all of these dimensions. So after test driving other cars, I am staying with Tesla despite the horrible waiting line experience. But this is my personal opinion. I respect others because everyone’s situation/preferences are different.

100%. I refuse to pay for FSD to be a beta tester. They should be paying me!

Several months ago, I thought I would have a new car by the beginning of of summer. Now, I’ll be lucky if I get it before the end of the year.

I might just put a refundable deposit on the e-tron, just because.
100% agree! As other folks mentioned, "bribe" is the right word for FSD.

• Disagree
Reactions: WhiteWi
I did drive the test drive the Audi e-tron a couple of times and went with a open mind. It certainly has better interiors and led lighting and that’s about it. The tech still feels outdated and nothing near Tesla’s league. Its still a good car on its own compared to other EVs. I also think that FSD is good tech. Yes, it is not perfect (and may never be) but it has indisputably improved over the last years. I think that the car technology (including OTA), supercharger network and FSD will remain the core differentiators for a while and it will be hard for others to catchup on all of these dimensions. So after test driving other cars, I am staying with Tesla despite the horrible waiting line experience. But this is my personal opinion. I respect others because everyone’s situation/preferences are different.
Respectfully, I disagree. I'm buying a car, not a cell phone. I prefer a car where I don't have to tap 10 times to turn on the seat warmer or adjust the air conditioner. I just want a car that feels comfortable when I drive it. That's just me personally.

Looks like you ordered in November, and you're scheduled for delivery soon? Curious if they pushed your order out.

• Funny
Reactions: WhiteWi
Agree on the OTA and supercharger points, especially OTA. I do a couple long trips a year probably, and am not overly swayed on using that outer edge case to be the deciding factor. My CCS adapter came in this week, so I'm not wed exclusively to the Tesla network going forward either.

I'll agree the Tesla is the better tech, but for MS that doesn't automatically equate that to the better car, especially one I'll be spending 450 miles a week in.

Looking at the TMC spreadsheet, which isn't perfect but insightful than someone thumbs downing every post that doesn't gush over a car we don't have...

LR7s:
59 VINs in 2022 though May (5 months)
13 of those didn't have FSD (i.e. 13 non-FSD in 6 months)
8 of those orders were before my OD, 51 were after
11 orders before my OD still show no VIN, so at this rate I should anticipate a VIN in Nov, 14 after ordering. Yes, imperfect data, so it could improve, but could also get worse as more people have added FSD to accelerate delivery.

Reactions: Tezla.