Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I tried to schedule a test drive... as I'm comparing the MY to other 7 seaters. And there are no test drives available until mid-July. I called Tesla to see if I can even look at a MY demo car, and they told me most of the service centers in my area have sold their demo cars.... including Fremont!

Yikes..... sounds like it's going to be a rough quarter for Tesla.

So I tried to schedule a test drive... as I'm comparing the MY to other 7 seaters. And there are no test drives available until mid-July. I called Tesla to see if I can even look at a MY demo car, and they told me most of the service centers in my area have sold their demo cars.... including Fremont!

Seems pretty typical in what I've seen at my local DC and read on here they clear out the demos at the end of each quarter.

Reactions: WhiteWi and fishy21

They’ve been doing this at end of quarter for a while now

Reactions: WhiteWi

My backup 7 seater is the Kia Sorento plug-in hybrid. It’s actually six seats, but that’s all I need. Second row is captains chairs. 50k with 6500 tax credit. Full electric for as much as 35 miles so you can drive all week without using gas. It’s actually kinda ridiculous. Plus!!!!! Huge bonus….no paint or body alignment issues

I would like to think this forum makes up a very small amount of vehicles actually ordered. With that, the FSD may or may not be a luck of the draw scenario. Who knows, who cares. You wait, you don’t wait, at the end of the day you locked in pricing for a vehicle that is light years ahead of the competition and gives them open source data to their designs. The big 3 having been sticking to people for the last 45 years, unjustifiable increases for outdated tech, the bailouts, pointless trim levels, etc. Granted I’m all in on Tesla, but I think the company as a whole is for the good of the people. Do they like to make money as a company, I’m sure they do. If they didn’t then people would complain about stocks prices.

Done with my soapbox, no new EDD updates for me, still 6/22-6/26 delivery.

My backup 7 seater is the Kia Sorento plug-in hybrid. It’s actually six seats, but that’s all I need. Second row is captains chairs. 50k with 6500 tax credit. Full electric for as much as 35 miles so you can drive all week without using gas. It’s actually kinda ridiculous. Plus!!!!! Huge bonus….no paint or body alignment issues
I’m looking at the X5 and Q7. Price wise, they are pretty close to each other. Advantage goes to Tesla with $7 gas prices.

Hi NAME, we currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in June.

Please reply JUNE if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model Y is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out at a later time.”

Obviously replied JUNE. we’ll see what happens. Iv seen other people get this text at end of quarter and still not get their car

I know others have gotten this text and it didn't pan out. I haven't gotten it before, but tbh, I'm not holding my breath, especially when I got the trade-in call back in Feb and that didn't go anywhere.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220614-201351_Message+.jpg
    Screenshot_20220614-201351_Message+.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 80
Just got a text saying they plan on building my Y in June and if that works reply June. Then they will schedule delivery. Has anyone else gotten a text like this?
Just got the same text. I wouldn’t put too much emphasis on it. Like @afscotch I got my first trade in text in February and still nothing.
I know others have gotten this text and it didn't pan out. I haven't gotten it before, but tbh, I'm not holding my breath, especially when I got the trade-in call back in Feb and that didn't go anywhere.

Looks like a robo-text went out! 🤣.

Which one of us will be deemed worthy? 🤔

Hi NAME, we currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in June.

Please reply JUNE if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model Y is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out at a later time.”

Obviously replied JUNE. we’ll see what happens. Iv seen other people get this text at end of quarter and still not get their car

Just got a text saying they plan on building my Y in June and if that works reply June. Then they will schedule delivery. Has anyone else gotten a text like this?