Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be clear all who’s saying adding and removing FSD is a loop hole. It’s a feature provided by Tesla. Why people are adding and removing is all up to the people to decide. If at all there is loop hole here that’s Tesla’s. This whole thing came up on to the table is because Tesla started prioritizing FSD orders and they may have the right to do so. But as a consumer I wish to add FSD and remove it later if I decide to. What’s the problem with that. And that’s not a loop hole again.
They should follow trough with the warning that removing FSD will delay delivery. So if some one removes it after vin they should give this car to the next guy in line.

• Disagree
Reactions: bro1999
To be clear all who’s saying adding and removing FSD is a loop hole. It’s a feature provided by Tesla. Why people are adding and removing is all up to the people to decide. If at all there is loop hole here that’s Tesla’s. This whole thing came up on to the table is because Tesla started prioritizing FSD orders and they may have the right to do so. But as a customer I wish to add FSD and remove it later if I decide to. What’s the problem with that. And that’s not a loop hole again.

Let’s make this even more simple. Tesla is not saying adding FSD will make your delivery quicker. So I’m adding FSD not to get faster delivery. I just wanted to have FSD as on today but I may change my mind in future and May remove it. This option is provided by Tesla since there is no specific hardware needs to attach to the car.

• Informative
Reactions: Tezla. and MSMMYLR7
Spoke to a regional manager earlier this week. She wasn't much help. Just asked if I'd accept a model with different options, should one become available prior to my EDD. I said no. She did say my EDD of July 28 - Sept 8 "shouldn't delay any further". My OD was 12/18/21. MYLR7, MSM, black interior, 20", yes Tow, no FSD.

FWIW, I told her I've been reading online that people who add FSD are getting almost immediate delivery windows. She said "I would take what you read with a grain of salt". I get that she has to give me the corporate response, but it sure seems like that's Tesla's directive.
I have the same EDD window as you. Kinda hoping there’s actually a push for 7 seaters and ours will magically move in. OD 1/22/22, blue, black int, 7, now to or FSD

They should follow trough with the warning that removing FSD will delay delivery. So if some one removes it after vin they should give this car to the next guy in line.
No, they should just stop prioritizing FSD. First in, first out. Tesla has gone the way of Boeing, corrupted by Wall Street greed.
BTW, @WhiteWi has ignored me so he doesn’t get to see these fun responses lol.

Reactions: Aviateur17
Let’s make this even more simple. Tesla is not saying adding FSD will make your delivery quicker. So I’m adding FSD not to get faster delivery. I just wanted to have FSD as on today but I may change my mind in future and May remove it. This option is provided by Tesla since there is no specific hardware needs to attach to the car.
967ABFDC-9A63-4B01-A351-612FBCAF16B3.jpeg

Let me make it even more simple. They need to enforce it! There is a huge difference between people willing to pay 10k mark up to get a car and scamming the line by playing games with cancel.

I have FSD and was thinking about removing, but I saw they've ordered radars probably for future FSD. In the past, they've upgraded the systems for people with purchased FSD and I am holding out hope for that... (I know, just buy it for what it is and I am but still ok to hope!)
The radar filing hype/speculation is intriguing (doing it's job then 🤣). If Tesla would break from its precedent of relying/deferring to the hype and address it, I'd reconsider adding FSD. A large part of why I don't believe the promise is there is a lack radar component for the safety aspect if nothing else.

Longtime lurker in this forum, finally registered for an account! Noticed something interesting today, so wanted to share and see if anyone had thoughts:

10/31/21 OD
White, White Interior, 7 Seat, no other upgrades

Have had several bumps and pushes along the journey like a lot of people here, current EDD 7/13 - 8/17. I checked this morning and that Est. Delivery field said "july 13 - august 17" instead of July 13th - August 17th, which it has now reverted back to. Has anyone else seen this? I'm tired of reading the tea leaves but enjoy coming here to see what everyone else is dealing with.
Just flipped back to capital letters for me. I think the coders are just messing with us at this point ;)

• Funny
Reactions: afscotch
View attachment 816593
Let me make it even more simple. They need to enforce it! There is a huge difference between people willing to pay 10k mark up to get a car and scamming the line by playing games with cancel.
That pretty much confirms FSD will help get a VIN sooner, sine the inverse is true and there is no physical/hardware difference. 👀

The argument is that adding the FSD prioritized the order and then removing it at the last second after VIN but before payment allows one to skip ahead in the line with zero financial penalty.
We all think the FSD is prioritizing but Tesla and other person in this group says NO. If that’s the case what is the problem?. We can argue all day but all I wanna say is Let people decide what’s best for them and if possible help them and move on.

Reactions: MSMMYLR7 and Suns
I think the world is full of common sense people, and then I go to online forums, etc., and realize the real difference. Folks, do what works best for you and not because one person decides to become a spokesperson for a company that doesn't care. As I have said, I added FSD to expedite VIN. I have had a few 2-weeks windows come and go. I will try to remove it even if it delays my delivery because I don't like to buy a 10K toy that has been promised for a long but only works in Silicon Valley. If for some reason, they won't let me cancel, I can afford it, so it's not an issue. I won't like it, but I can live with it.