Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Turn your phone sideways to see signatures. FYI

OD/PC- 12/3/2021 original EDD July. They might as well VIN me in Nov for a 23 model at this point. I’m tired of this EDD game. Husband has been wanting to cancel since May.

Yeah I'd be willing to have a longer EDD if they just had it more accurate. The wild changes are more frustrating than the wait IMO.

Yeah I'd be willing to have a longer EDD if they just had it more accurate. The wild changes are more frustrating than the wait IMO.
Exactly!! Although, had I known about Teslas EDD issue, I would have never ordered.

Does anyone know if your original EDD passes, if you can get the deposit back? Like I said before my husband is very interested in canceling. The whole purpose of buying this car, was because we needed a larger car, after having another kid. Ordered the car well before our baby was born, and now she’s about 2 months old and still driving around in two Mini Coopers! 🤦🏻‍♀️ At this point might as well buy a used gas guzzler and save all my $$!

Reactions: CV-MY
Exactly!! Although, had I known about Teslas EDD issue, I would have never ordered.

Does anyone know if your original EDD passes, if you can get the deposit back? Like I said before my husband is very interested in canceling. The whole purpose of buying this car, was because we needed a larger car, after having another kid. Ordered the car well before our baby was born, and now she’s about 2 months old and still driving around in two Mini Coopers! 🤦🏻‍♀️ At this point might as well buy a used gas guzzler and save all my $$!
Unfortunately the deposit is nonrefundable under any circumstance. You might as well keep the order at this point since you can't get your deposit back, and when you finally get a VIN decide whether or not to cancel it then. At least you'll have a solid idea when to expect the car at that time.
That's what I would do, but if you want to cancel it now just to get this mess out of your mind I can definitely understand that too. The EDD dance is the worst.

Also, you're locked in to $7k lower pricing too so another reason to maybe hang onto the order for now.

Last edited:

With the price increases since our orders you might be able to make a few bucks just flipping the damn thing. Plus maybe it even goes up more by the time we finally get deliveries.

Hardest part of this for me would be the sales tax in TX. I thought of actually trying to get delivery in my home state of Oregon and flip there, as Oregon doesn't have sales tax.

Admittedly buying and selling a car is quite a bit more work than flipping something on eBay.....

Highly doubt I end up actually flipping the thing, but I'll check what the market is. Happy to just drive it around if this damn order every comes through; unless I get some huge unlikely $20k profit or such.

Reactions: Alittleglow
With the price increases since our orders you might be able to make a few bucks just flipping the damn thing. Plus maybe it even goes up more by the time we finally get deliveries.

Hardest part of this for me would be the sales tax in TX. I thought of actually trying to get delivery in my home state of Oregon and flip there, as Oregon doesn't have sales tax.

Admittedly buying and selling a car is quite a bit more work than flipping something on eBay.....

Highly doubt I end up actually flipping the thing, but I'll check what the market is. Happy to just drive it around if this damn order every comes through; unless I get some huge unlikely $20k profit or such.
The current market is crazy! They are selling for more than new with 20k miles, last I saw. I think I’ve even seen people sell their reservation, but I wouldn’t want to go through all that hassle, I just want a bigger family car. We watched videos of other EVs currently available, and the ionic isn’t too shabby, but 🤷🏻‍♀️ Not sold. I am annoyed that we could be spending considerably less but we promised that our next car would be an EV. We love our cars, but two doors with two young kids suck! And with family visiting, 5 seats aren’t enough. The only other option is Rivian; which look beautiful, but I think their wait time is roughly the same. 😢