Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so the house passed the climate bill which will give us the EV credits. How do I legitimately delay MY7 LR!! Any tips would be appreciated. Please don’t bash me if you don’t agree with delaying, just looking for honest tips!

OD: 11/10/21.
My EDD is Sept 9th/Oct 15th

Ok so the house passed the climate bill which will give us the EV credits. How do I legitimately delay MY7 LR!! Any tips would be appreciated. Please don’t bash me if you don’t agree with delaying, just looking for honest tips!

OD: 11/10/21.
My EDD is Sept 9th/Oct 15th
Change order to a base order. White ext, black interior, 5 seats, no tow, not FSD, no EAP.
Usually base orders have a 3-4 month later EDD than an order with any option on it.

Not sure if that will push you far enough but if you get pushed till December then Tesla may allow one 30day hold to get you to Jan.

No point cancelling as you paid $7K less than a new order today.

Change order to a base order. White ext, black interior, 5 seats, no tow, not FSD, no EAP.
Usually base orders have a 3-4 month later EDD than an order with any option on it.

Not sure if that will push you far enough but if you get pushed till December then Tesla may allow one 30day hold to get you to Jan.

No point cancelling as you paid $7K less than a new order today.
Yes cancelling makes no sense. Depending on when your OD was the additional cost and taxes on that cost negate just about any savings from the EV credit. I'm "supposed" to get my car in the next few weeks and switching up the color of my car or interior to something I potentially don't really want in order to push things out is risky. Even if I had your EDD, I would think twice about it. Now if my EDD was November then yea $7500 is tempting, bur right now there are a lot of ifs still about the EV credit.

Will all MYLR7 considered a SUV?
Do you need the 7 seat option to be considered a SUV?
This has not been flushed out yet as far as I am aware which makes changing your order now questionable. In the almost year I have waited for this 7-seater my kids have grown much taller to the point where geez maybe they won't like sitting in there for more than 15minutes. What would happen if I switch to a 5-seater??? It's anybody's guess at this point.

?

I don't understand the question, but...No? Or yes, but new like all the other parts of the car? haha :p
rumor has it, Tesla is beginning to using the model 3 style door card with the wood insert in new model Ys out of Fremont. I'm assuming that's the question...

Screen Shot 2022-08-13 at 1.11.36 PM.png

Just got our VIN! We waited for about 310 days. OD Oct 9, white ext, black interior, no tow, no fsd, 19 in wheels. EDD is Aug 28 to Sept 1 moved from Aug 21 to Sept 1. I got 2 texts about trade ins. (We are not trading in any used vehicle.) Just paid for it on the app. Now I need to get my insurance agent to add it. Will someone be able to point me to a delivery checklist for MY 7 seater?

Reactions: MrsWinterWheat
Just got our VIN! We waited for about 310 days. OD Oct 9, white ext, black interior, no tow, no fsd, 19 in wheels. EDD is Aug 28 to Sept 1 moved from Aug 21 to Sept 1. I got 2 texts about trade ins. (We are not trading in any used vehicle.) Just paid for it on the app. Now I need to get my insurance agent to add it. Will someone be able to point me to a delivery checklist for MY 7 seater?
I'm using the checklist here:

• Love
Reactions: Hopeqing and felizf
Excuse my ignorance, but Is the estimate on Tesla’s website wrong? If I go configure a 7 seater it says January to April for delivery. That’s much quicker than the 290+ days some of you have been waiting. My wife wants to switch from the 3 to the Y and I surely don’t want to wait until summer. LOL. Sorry you all have been waiting this long.

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance, but Is the estimate on Tesla’s website wrong? If I go configure a 7 seater it says January to April for delivery. That’s much quicker than the 290+ days some of you have been waiting. My wife wants to switch from the 3 to the Y and I surely don’t want to wait until summer. LOL. Sorry you all have been waiting this long.
I think there’s really no good way to know. I’ve seen people order in March get there cars with FSD. When I ordered 12/3/21 EDD was July. I don’t have a VIN yet but I’m hopeful it will be soon. Now that Giga Texas is making MYLRs the timeframe should, in theory lesson. But it’s really anyones guess! 🤷🏻‍♀️

My sister ordered 2 weeks before me and her current EDD is after mine with 7 seats slightly different config in SoCal. It’s really just luck it seems!

I woke up this morning and I got the Tesla payment ready email in inbox.
I logged into web site and saw MVPA generated and had VIN inside. (F532)
Maybe my journey is finally over soon!

Btw, when do I get the email/message to schedule the delivery date? I didn't even get any txt regarding the car has left the factory either.

Thx in advance.