Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a VIN -F550, but of course it had to come when I’m on vacation in Europe. I will be back on the 27th, what should I do? Call the service center and ask if they could give me an appt for that date or call Tesla SA? What have your experiences been? Don’t want to lose this VIN..

Got a VIN -F550, but of course it had to come when I’m on vacation in Europe. I will be back on the 27th, what should I do? Call the service center and ask if they could give me an appt for that date or call Tesla SA? What have your experiences been? Don’t want to lose this VIN..
I got vin a few weeks ago (sept 2? Maybe). Still don't have car.

Wait until you get email/text to setup delivery date, they will provide you with a few possible days

If you just got the vin then it's likely it's just being built. Still needs to be shipped and inspected.

I got vin a few weeks ago (sept 2? Maybe). Still don't have car.

Wait until you get email/text to setup delivery date, they will provide you with a few possible days

If you just got the vin then it's likely it's just being built. Still needs to be shipped and inspected.
Thanks, they gave me a link to schedule delivery and it only shows me one date the 19th for delivery. So bizarre that there are no other choices..

Thanks, they gave me a link to schedule delivery and it only shows me one date the 19th for delivery. So bizarre that there are no other choices..
Ouch, that's too bad. You can argue that the contract indicates you have three days to pickup from delivery date (snip below). I would discuss with them to have them provide the alternate pickup times. Depending on their schedule (deliveries with other customers) they may have to bump you to the following week, which you would be home by.

Good luck.

1663354214251.png

I ordered Feb 14, 2022. MYLR/7/Black/Black/Gemini.

Up until yesterday, EDD was Oct 19-Nov15. Then BOOM today I get a text saying my vehicle is at the service centre ready for delivery TOMORROW. I have now confirmed the appointment for tomorrow and have a VIN. Located in Calgary, AB. I’m guessing someone else backed out and I was next on list for that build.
Wow. Crazy out of the blue. Someone must have had to bail on their order at the last minute. Lucky for you!! Inspect it carefully as one reason could be they rejected it due to flaws. But I’d bet it is more likely some other financial or availability reason for the VIN getting moved over to you.

Almost the same here, although my EDD was pushed to 10/13 - 11/17. How bad did the SA screw up my order from 9/5/21? Sheesh. That’s close enough for me to consider delaying to next year if there’s going to be a tax credit.
And I am seeing they already starting to deliver for Jan/Feb orders. It is really not FCFS. I ordered back in July 2021, so I got almost at the lowest. I guess they don't want to build the car for me.

Picked up my blue/white MY LR7 with tow in Irvine after one-year wait since September 2021. Quite surprised it took this long residing in SoCal. Still very happy I finally received the car, but the long wait, experience with SAs, and issues with the car made it less special.

Pre-delivery experience was awful. Slow responses via text message. Calling routed to some other DC in SoCal for some odd reason. SA couldn't answer any questions related to Tesla Finance credit application and gave conflicting information.

Delivery location dusty and noisy. Curbs not landscaped so we ended up tracking dirt into the car during inspection. The SAs were not engaging and couldn't care less about any of the issues we found. The check-in and waiting area was just sad.

Car had mal-functioning seat slide/tilt button for both sides. Bolsters were visibility dirty with hand prints and dirt and dust. Plastic protection still visible in headliners. Dirty steering wheel. Overall paint condition is not great. The sheen is not smooth underneath the clear coat (looked like orange peel to the naked eyes, but not to the touch). Paint had scratches, paint chip, scratches, dust inclusions underneath clear coat in many areas. One mis-aligned door that a service advisor deemed "uncomfortable" and advised I schedule an appointment to get it looked at. Quite disappointed but despite all the above, I decided to take delivery and take care of the issues post-delivery rather than risk getting a worse subsequent build and missing the next delivery window during winter vacation.

Car came with projector headlights, updated door trim. No charging equipment (received voucher ahead of delivery), no cargo cover.

Reactions: Xanadoo
The Tesla experience does fall short.I am experiencing it too with them not waiting for a week for me to come back from Europe to pick up a car that I waited a year for. The SAs are clueless, in fact if you remove them from the Tesla experience , it might be just better. They don’t know much, and the answer depends on who you ask which gives you zero confidence in the process.

Picked up my blue/white MY LR7 with tow in Irvine after one-year wait since September 2021. Quite surprised it took this long residing in SoCal. Still very happy I finally received the car, but the long wait, experience with SAs, and issues with the car made it less special.

Pre-delivery experience was awful. Slow responses via text message. Calling routed to some other DC in SoCal for some odd reason. SA couldn't answer any questions related to Tesla Finance credit application and gave conflicting information.

Delivery location dusty and noisy. Curbs not landscaped so we ended up tracking dirt into the car during inspection. The SAs were not engaging and couldn't care less about any of the issues we found. The check-in and waiting area was just sad.

Car had mal-functioning seat slide/tilt button for both sides. Bolsters were visibility dirty with hand prints and dirt and dust. Plastic protection still visible in headliners. Dirty steering wheel. Overall paint condition is not great. The sheen is not smooth underneath the clear coat (looked like orange peel to the naked eyes, but not to the touch). Paint had scratches, paint chip, scratches, dust inclusions underneath clear coat in many areas. One mis-aligned door that a service advisor deemed "uncomfortable" and advised I schedule an appointment to get it looked at. Quite disappointed but despite all the above, I decided to take delivery and take care of the issues post-delivery rather than risk getting a worse subsequent build and missing the next delivery window during winter vacation.

Car came with projector headlights, updated door trim. No charging equipment (received voucher ahead of delivery), no cargo cover.

Your pickup experience sounds AWFUL and TERRIBLE, sorry you had to go through that. I'm near the Fremont Factory and pickup is so different there. They have teams detailing cars in the parking lot FULL of deliveries and showroom to go inside is full of people that can help you out. It isn't a BMW experience that's for sure and Tesla should really get their act together when it comes customer experience for cars among QA, pickup/delivery, and Service Centers as it's been hurting their reputation more than anything else.

Picked up our MYLR7 today. Nearly perfect. Small amount of adhesive on the back headrest. Driver side b pillar trim was re adjusted to fix the gap by the headliner and the second row seat back trim had to get reattached. Spent 45 min going thru my checklist.

Comes with updated door panels and matrix headlights. No cargo cover. Vin F535.

OD Dec 2021
Located in Vancouver 🇨🇦 Canada
What color is the seats?

Picked up my MYLR7 seater yesterday north of Boston. Some items to note on mine:

-Freemont build (F541xxx)
-Has Matrix headlights
-Has new style door panels (alignment on driver side looks off but it looks normal from all the other cars and pictures/videos online)
-No cargo cover (not sure it would come with 7 seater anyways?)
-No Mud flaps or PPF installed (opened ticket)
-Minimal body panel gaps (acceptable to me)
-Taillight gap could prob be adjusted
- Scratch, swirls and general paint imperfections (dust under paint) only on hood (opened ticket)
-Did not come with mobile connector (received $200 credit)
-Came with J1772 adapter

Hope this helps others with future deliveries