Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got another text saying my car would be delievered by end of month. I asked if if i'd get 10k free supercharging miles and if they'd have the car delivered by the 31st. They said yes to the 10k, but followed up a few hours later and saying that no actually they wouldnt have my car ready, but if i dropped the 7 seater config, they could have a car to me by the end of the month. Thats twice now they said the same thing. They really want people to stop buying the 7 seater for some reason...

I switched my order to a black on black 7 seater after seeing 3 pop up in the Bay Area on Friday, picked up same day because the discount and supercharging miles sweetened the pot enough for me. Because I picked up in the dark, I missed a few things but have scheduled a service appointment to fix 1 chip on the trunk and 1 scratch on the rim. Honestly, the chip bothers me but the rim would probably end up that way eventually…

Reactions: HamletBrewery
I wonder if it's the same one they offered me. I got a call after saying "YES" to the text and they told me that the only 7 seater in CA that could be delivered by the end of they year was a black/black no tow in Sacramento area. I decided to pass and keep waiting. The SA did say to expect some time in January but I think we all know to take that with a good ole' dollup o' salt
Yeah might have been! They offered me one in Vallejo before finding one at the factory so I think there were a few floating around that they couldn’t ship far to make delivery by year end. Hope you get yours soon… I’m not sure the SAs have that much insight, I feel like my text alerts change direction all the time.

Just picked up my MSM/black 7 seater today in virginia. No issues with quality so far.
2023 build,
No uss
No mudd guard,
did received front plate holder
I saw my many 5 seaters with cargo cover,
Old camera I think.
I can't tell if I have the new headlight or not.
Not sure about comfort suspension, the drive is rougher than my 2011 X5.

Pretty happy with the car, wish I had gotten the color combo I initially ordered, but the $3750 was too much to pass on.

I saw plenty of vehicle on the lot with white leather, so many they're just not producing enough 3rd row seat in white? hence the long delay for 7 seater with white leather, maybe :)

The incentives must be working well as the delivery center was full of people.

annoyed...they've been continuously trying to sell me a different config. they said they had a 5 seater in my exact same config, and I replied send me a link so I can look at it, but instead they just changed my configuration online and assigned a VIN to me for this other model, and it's not the same config. doesn't have a tow hitch either. I've been on hold for 45 minutes now too trying to get in touch with someone. this is typical bait and switch tactics and now I am pissed. this is borderline making me want to cancel entirely so I don't have to deal with Tesla antics anymore.

annoyed...they've been continuously trying to sell me a different config. they said they had a 5 seater in my exact same config, and I replied send me a link so I can look at it, but instead they just changed my configuration online and assigned a VIN to me for this other model, and it's not the same config. doesn't have a tow hitch either. I've been on hold for 45 minutes now too trying to get in touch with someone. this is typical bait and switch tactics and now I am pissed. this is borderline making me want to cancel entirely so I don't have to deal with Tesla antics anymore.
How is a 5 seater your exact config, if you configured a 7 seater? If you are willing to take a 5 seater config just pick your own and let them know. They can just switch it.

Any white interior 7s? I saw they had shipped a few to New England earlier I. The quarter but seems like a batch never made it to the way coast… wish I wasn’t so set on white interior and 7 seat…

Wish I'd never gone white interior, I really think that's what hurt us 7 seaters, wish I'd known. I'd settle for black interior but not settling on the rest. Doesn't matter, their available new inventory is only 5 seaters, no tow. Nope. Bummer, hope lost we'll get ours before year end.

Wish I'd never gone white interior, I really think that's what hurt us 7 seaters, wish I'd known. I'd settle for black interior but not settling on the rest. Doesn't matter, their available new inventory is only 5 seaters, no tow. Nope. Bummer, hope lost we'll get ours before year end.
My order is with black interior and still patiently waiting too. Could be the whole run of 7 seat production has variety of limitations.

Realize it’s drastic, but If you’re really that desperate to get a specific spec, wonder if you can offer to fly to another location to pick it up and drive it home. $3750 certainly will cover the flight.

Here in CA, I actually had to place my 7 seater order on hold in order to avoid getting a VIN assigned (the SA said there were several available for immediate delivery). Granted that was about 10days ago (maybe it’s changed)

I see a 7 seater available a couple hours away in California, but the site says it can only be registered in California. I would be driving now if I could buy/register in Vegas.

1671643443115.png

I wonder if it's the same one they offered me. I got a call after saying "YES" to the text and they told me that the only 7 seater in CA that could be delivered by the end of they year was a black/black no tow in Sacramento area. I decided to pass and keep waiting. The SA did say to expect some time in January but I think we all know to take that with a good ole' dollup o' salt
They texted me last week saying if I wanted to accept delivery this week it’s available if I wanted a different configuration. I ignored it and got another text over the weekend saying that I may not get my vehicle this month and to take delivery this month will get $3,750 and 10,000 super charged miles. Now my MYLR red with 7 seater and a tow hitch will be available for pick up this Friday in Lynwood Washington. I think they’re trying so hard to sell the cars they have in inventory. They had so many black MYP 2022 and 2023. I’m guessing nobody wants black.