Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When is the last time we say 7 seat white interior VINs assigned? I recall mid-Nov we had some folks on the East Coast take delivery, and it seems like all of the 7 seat builds since then have been black interior.

It seems like Tesla makes builds in batches, and possibly the white seat and 7 seat batches are smaller (with the 7 seat white batches being smallest hah). Or maybe there is a delay in sourcing the white vegan leather and so they are prioritizing 5 seat cars to make more with limited supply. I'm secretly hoping they just haven't built more and are punting to make a batch in the new year. Wishful thinking for sure.

Either way, seems like my preferences land me in the slowest moving line. The sunk cost at this time is too great, I may as well just keep waiting and wind up with what I wanted. Exterior color I could compromise but if I took black interior or 5 seat at this point I would be reminded every time I drove the car hah.

pick up this Friday in Lynwood Washington.
Parking at Lynwood Tesla was a $&!@$ last week. I recommend you find somewhere nearby outside the delivery center to park your current vehicle (unless you're trading it) and then walk over.

Otherwise expect to spend 10 minutes looking for parking, then you'll immediately get double parked, then when you're ready to leave you'll spend 15min trying to get others to move their cars so you can get out.

Reactions: barslag
Just received a text from Tesla upping the discount to $7,500 + 10,000 supercharger miles if you buy before New Year's Eve. Now if a 7-seater would just show up in Vegas, I am set.
Woah!

I got mine yesterday. Black exterior & interior, 7 seats, no tow. Has matrix headlights! VIN is PF629* Build quality is great… gaps are tight & consistent, interior looks & feels solid. A few minor scratches in the paint probably caused by rough cleaning but not a big deal.

Compared to my early build LR RWD Model 3 this is so much quieter, especially on the highway! Suspension is a lot better too… you don’t feel every bump! Looks like there’s an upgraded interior camera (compared to my 2018 model)… when did this change?

Best of luck to all those trying to take delivery this year!

Reactions: tommyboy21
Just joining the party. Back on 3/6/2022 I ordered a Blue/7seat/white int/tow and have received the same “won’t be available this year”, nonsense. Too bad, as the 7500 discount would have been VERY tasty.
I was hoping for the new 4680 battery and a few other rumored features but at this point it just feels like an elaborate bait and switch.
I’ve also heard Tesla is bringing back sensors in 2023 as well as the battery so… bloody … do I just pull the plug?

I am curious, how did u get delivery of 7 seater model y so quickly just after placing order in December itself? What is the trick ? 😊 which state you are in ?
I honestly do not know how everything happened so quickly. We are located in Southern California so maybe that helped?

We decided to sell one of our vehicles and purchase a MYLR7 at the beginning of December. I understood that the upcoming EV tax credits would not apply to us and I was hopeful we would receive the vehicle this month with the $3,750 discount. The supercharger bonus was by pure luck as that was announced after we received our text message from Tesla stating that a vehicle was matched.

I should add that we made one compromise - the vehicle had a tow hitch and I was willing to eat the $1,000 cost for it to guarantee taking delivery in December.

Currently both grateful to have received the vehicle so quickly and disappointed in the increased discount :confused:

I honestly do not know how everything happened so quickly. We are located in Southern California so maybe that helped?

We decided to sell one of our vehicles and purchase a MYLR7 at the beginning of December. I understood that the upcoming EV tax credits would not apply to us and I was hopeful we would receive the vehicle this month with the $3,750 discount. The supercharger bonus was by pure luck as that was announced after we received our text message from Tesla stating that a vehicle was matched.

I should add that we made one compromise - the vehicle had a tow hitch and I was willing to eat the $1,000 cost for it to guarantee taking delivery in December.

Currently both grateful to have received the vehicle so quickly and disappointed in the increased discount :confused:
It’s $7,500 reduced price now if you’re taking delivery between December 21st to 31st. I’m getting my MYLR7 red tomorrow. They already reduced my total car price.

Reactions: HamletBrewery
I'm located in NJ about 25 mins from the Lawrence Twp Tesla dealership - on 12/20 I ordered a 7S MYLR Silver with EAP, 19", and black interior. I completed all of the steps in the app for predelivery and it shows December to March as estimated. What are the chances its closer to December vs. closer to March or later? Thanks!

It’s $7,500 reduced price now if you’re taking delivery between December 21st to 31st. I’m getting my MYLR7 red tomorrow. They already reduced my total car price.
We took delivery this past Monday so we received the initial $3,750 off with the supercharger offer. I read about the updated discount last night - SWMBO must have read about the increased discount this morning at work based on her text messages I have yet to reply to… 🙄

I gave in and accepted an alternate config to score that sweet $7500 and supercharger credit. After sleeping on it I decided that color couldn't possibly be worth that much, and the tax credit would come pretty far down the line.

Switched from White/White/7/Tow/FSD to Black/Black/7/Tow FSD, pickup scheduled for tomorrow.

One piece of advice for anyone attempting the same -- I tried texting but it was hard to get a reply. Instead, I went onto the Tesla New Inventory site and "requested a callback" on an available model. When I got the callback later that day that specific car was obviously gone but there were able to talk me through available inventory. Perhaps predictably, the SA said only the one 7-seater was showing as available in the Bay Area, so I took it. He had "50+" 5-seaters in various configurations.

Reactions: HamletBrewery
Spoke to 2 different Tesla employees today about our order since we've been waiting since February of this year and still no dice. Both said we won't be getting the vehicle this year. 😭 **One specific note for all those 7 seaters waiters like us is that apparently they won't be producing any more of them this year.** (I know there is really only a week left.) I was hoping that with their impressive production capabilities there was still a chance, but now we know we won't be getting it this year. I even offered to fly wherever to get one. At this point, I can only hope by waiting we get HD Radar or some other "feature." Still crazy to me that for as big of a company this is, they can't seem to handle logistics to produce 7 seater vehicles en mass.

Updated the spreadsheet with some info. @ me if missed anyone. Merry Christmas all!

Tesla-MY7-Delivery-Tracker-12-23-22.png

Reactions: singlestack
Spoke to 2 different Tesla employees today about our order since we've been waiting since February of this year and still no dice. Both said we won't be getting the vehicle this year. 😭 **One specific note for all those 7 seaters waiters like us is that apparently they won't be producing any more of them this year.** (I know there is really only a week left.) I was hoping that with their impressive production capabilities there was still a chance, but now we know we won't be getting it this year. I even offered to fly wherever to get one. At this point, I can only hope by waiting we get HD Radar or some other "feature." Still crazy to me that for as big of a company this is, they can't seem to handle logistics to produce 7 seater vehicles en mass.
interesting that EDD continues to change for me. the end day has been 12/31 for several weeks now, and the start day changes daily to today's date. i am sure tomorrow it will be 12/24 - 12/31.