Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I caved and switched to a 5 seater to get the $7500 discount. Picked it up yesterday. After looking at the 7 seaters i dont see how anyone can realistically fit back there anyway. Seems more gimmicky in person. We have a rivian R1S on order anyway so that will be our goto for trips needing more than 4 or 5 ppl.

20221226_203443.jpg

Reactions: fonger and JAMS_906
I caved and switched to a 5 seater to get the $7500 discount. Picked it up yesterday. After looking at the 7 seaters i dont see how anyone can realistically fit back there anyway. Seems more gimmicky in person. We have a rivian R1S on order anyway so that will be our goto for trips needing more than 4 or 5 ppl.

View attachment 889273
I would absolutely agree with you if it wasn't that I have little kids that would gladly like to go in the 3rd row. Since you have the R1S that would for sure be a great family road trip vehicle.

I would absolutely agree with you if it wasn't that I have little kids that would gladly like to go in the 3rd row. Since you have the R1S that would for sure be a great family road trip vehicle.
I was on the fence about the third row, but we had a chance to see one in person. Kids and wife crawled around inside and confirmed the third row works for us. Would I road trip in the car using the third row? No way! Our use-case is short trips around town with 6-7 people and those people include kids.

I was on the fence about the third row, but we had a chance to see one in person. Kids and wife crawled around inside and confirmed the third row works for us. Would I road trip in the car using the third row? No way! Our use-case is short trips around town with 6-7 people and those people include kids.
Agreed. We pretty much settled on this the exact same way with my wife and kids. I should be picking mine up on Saturday and from there seeing how it works in real life with the family.

Agreed. We pretty much settled on this the exact same way with my wife and kids. I should be picking mine up on Saturday and from there seeing how it works in real life with the family.
Agree on this use case too, we want the 7 seater for taking my daughter and her friends around, she's still young so it's just smaller kids who will fit fine. We have a 7 seat MDX that worked well for this purpose too that we are replacing. Only used the seats a handful of times, but when you need to move a lot of kids its great to have the option

The 7 seater is a safe way to take my dog along with the family. I can make a cozy bed for her in the back with a hammock and a quilt with the middle seat down for better ventilation. It will allow us to take the wife, son and another guest on road trips safely. For just $3k option, the 7 seater is a more versatile vehicle, something to think about when you are paying north of 60K.

Just noticed this panel gap, near rear passenger wheel, 1st pic is the driver side which is perfect, is this something that they can fix? Is it worth the hassle?View attachment 889537View attachment 889538
You don't lose anything for setting up a service and having the service center take a look at it. The worst they can say is no; they can't fix it. I haven't received mine yet so this is a good question for me as well.

Took delivery yesterday. Everything seemed fine except for scratches on paint, some chips, and an issue with the pano roof alignment. For the pano roof, it seems minor but scheduled service anyway. The top left is flush in the rear whereas the top right is raised a few millimeters. Did a water test and confirmed no leaks and doesn’t seem to have any added wind noise compared to our model 3. Anybody else in the same boat?

23DE124A-6132-44B9-A67C-949AD71637DE.jpeg
2B3077FC-49B0-4644-8002-9732E5FBB4F3.jpeg

Tried to take delivery today, went to Fremont, after 2.5 hrs of waiting, was finally told that the reason it was taking so long is that I needed to pay for the car before I could fully inspect it. I could only look at the outside of the car without paying. If I wanted to sit in the car then I had to complete the purchase. THIS IS INSANE, Tesla doesn't demo 7 seaters so I have no idea other than YouTube videos how much room there is for the third row. Going to sleep on it if I want to deal with this..... Is it me or is it crazy to pay $70K for a car that you can't even sit in?

Last edited:
Tried to take delivery today, went to Fremont, after 2.5 hrs of waiting, was finally told that the reason it was taking so long is that I needed to pay for the car before I could fully inspect it. I could only look at the outside of the car without paying. If I wanted to sit in the car then I had to complete the purchase. THIS IS INSANE, Tesla doesn't demo 7 seaters so I have no idea other than YouTube videos how much room there is for the third row. Going to sleep on it if I want to deal with this..... Is it me or is it crazy to pay $70K for a car that you can't even sit in?
I was allowed to check the interior of the car before hitting the accept button

That's insane. I actually get into my car before ask a SA at pickup location. The SA just says I can keep inspecting my car as long as I feel ready to pay.