Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our original config was White/White 7 seater, but as it got later and later in December, I realized we weren't going to get the car this year to take advantage of the discounts. I started watching the Tesla inventory closely and found a MSM/Black (int) available 400+ miles away in Reno. They honored our original price point (pre the last increase), discounted $1k since we weren't getting white seats, and applied the $7500 discount.... AND... we didn't order a tow hitch and the car I was buying had one, so they took another $1k off, and I got the hitch for free. The Tesla SA I spoke to in Reno was AWESOME and patient while we were trying to decide.

We said yes, and then the Tesla app walked us through what we needed to do. I purchased on Xmas eve; then, the wife and I hopped on a plane to Reno (from Vegas) on Tuesday for our Wednesday purchase. Below is some more info...
- The trade-in offer on our car was about $5-7k lower than other local offers. We elected to not do a trade; hence, the flight to Reno.
- It was COLD in Reno
- It may just be my brain rationalizing, but I think I like the MSM/Black combo better than White/White.
- I have been watching YouTube videos for months, but being in the car and driving it was completely different. LOVE IT!
- We crawled all over the car looking for any problem. We only found a couple minor issues and scheduled a service appointment in the app before we left Reno.
- No FSD or Enhanced Auto Pilot
- Autopilot is weird. Good... But weird. I like it, but it will take a while to get used to it.
- We experienced about 7 fantom brake episodes over the 433 mile trip home. AP seems to struggle with gentle rolling hills.
- When wife was driving, I turned on the "fart on turn signal" feature. I got hit for that.
- Matrix headlights? No idea... I would have to look up how to tell the difference. Doesn't really matter to me.
- No USS. The car is pretty easy to park, but I would prefer to have the USS beeping when I get close to something. I see a paid retrofit in my future if that is an option.
- Car rides a little rougher than the Lexus, but it isn't as bad as I thought it would be.
- Acceleration!
- Charging is super super super easy. Our mobile charger is on the way, so we have visited the super chargers a few times. It gives me time to play with the features of the car.
- As soon as we got home, we had a notice that a software update was available. The update just made the care even more awesome than before. :)
- 7 seats are small, but perfect for kids if you have a gaggle of them to drive around.
- We are noobs, but I am happy to answer any other questions.

Just a great experience, and we couldn't be happier to have our new Model Y!

This waiting room is probably gonna get a whole lot bigger with the new IRS tax credit news.
I think people are looking too much into this. I'm pretty sure there is some input from the car manufacturers in that list, meaning Tesla might be doing a pretty substantial price drop for the 5 seaters to move volume. Telsa will want to leverage their Texas plant ramp up, stay tuned.

I think people are looking too much into this. I'm pretty sure there is some input from the car manufacturers in that list, meaning Tesla might be doing a pretty substantial price drop for the 5 seaters to move volume. Telsa will want to leverage their Texas plant ramp up, stay tuned.
Yeah, I agree with that but until then some more 7 seater orders probably gonna happen.

picked up last night in rain. the place was packed and had to wait for 30 min for them to bring cars from overflow lot to the dealer parking lot, was allowed to do anything other than driving before accepting delivery. 7 mile on odometer, reported some panel gap issues but the only issue i expect them to fix is the left 3rd row seat doesn't fold all the way down on button press. good luck everyone!

Had my white/white seven seater delivered last night. Ordered in May, 221 days to delivery. The car looks wonderful. Trade-in was super easy. I was surprised that the battery was only charged to 49%, but other than that, the only thing I noticed were a few smudges on the white interior that will clean up easily.

I'm so glad I didn't change my original order. I was concerned that the vehicle that I ordered wouldn't be delivered before 12/31, and briefly considered picking from available inventory, but I'm glad I waited.

Good, I want my 7 seater which is now nearly 10 months coming.
I'm right behind you at eight months of waiting. I see that you are in the DC area. Are you picking your car up from Rockville? So far, from talking to the people there, they are not the nicest nor knowledgeable. I'm not expecting it to be smooth sailing when it finally arrives. I was supposed to take delivery tomorrow, the 31st, but due to the weather, the vehicle got delayed in transit in Chicago, according to them. After being rushed to complete all the tasks on the app to "Make sure, I don't delay anything for the delivery," now all the incentives are being taken away, and they expect payment of the difference upfront without the option to adjust financing. Again, Not sure how delivery is going to go once we get to that point. They did give me the option to cancel my order, which ticked me off, and I gave them an earful. Hopefully, things are going smoother for you. Good luck, and Happy New Year!

I'm right behind you at eight months of waiting. I see that you are in the DC area. Are you picking your car up from Rockville? So far, from talking to the people there, they are not the nicest nor knowledgeable. I'm not expecting it to be smooth sailing when it finally arrives. I was supposed to take delivery tomorrow, the 31st, but due to the weather, the vehicle got delayed in transit in Chicago, according to them. After being rushed to complete all the tasks on the app to "Make sure, I don't delay anything for the delivery," now all the incentives are being taken away, and they expect payment of the difference upfront without the option to adjust financing. Again, Not sure how delivery is going to go once we get to that point. They did give me the option to cancel my order, which ticked me off, and I gave them an earful. Hopefully, things are going smoother for you. Good luck, and Happy New Year!
Picking up from Tysons which is another cluster f. Tesla really needs to get a bigger distribution center in the DMV. They are bursting at the seams. In another note, I really feel bad for the other 5 dealerships next to the Tysons corner location. The sheer volume of stuff Tesla pushes though their lot must put the fear of god in them. Yea 8 months, 10 months it's like the customers Tesla forgot lol. I love reading the articles about how Tesla's backlog is almost gone and here we are waiting nearly a year for a car.

Happy New Year... well, kinda. Ordered white/white/3rd row/tow March 22 - est delivery still reads Dec 2022 - was hoping to get the vehicle december last second but now I'm just hoping to get it by March...

What are thoughts? I really am losing hope this order combo will ever actually be made

Happy New Year... well, kinda. Ordered white/white/3rd row/tow March 22 - est delivery still reads Dec 2022 - was hoping to get the vehicle december last second but now I'm just hoping to get it by March...

What are thoughts? I really am losing hope this order combo will ever actually be made
I think March is a realistic expectation as they ramp up more 7 seaters due to the tax credit.

Reactions: WyoDude
Happy New Year everyone! After Tesla offered $7500 off a Model X, we opted to switch and pickup on 12/31. :eek: So we are no longer in the market for the Model Y...for now at least. ;) Our kids (and us) love the new car and I hope you all get your cars soon!! Maybe I'll see some of you on the Cybertruck delivery threads whenever those happen. :D

PS - Since we received a car, I won't be updating the spreadsheet tracker anymore. If someone wants to pickup duties of updating it, please let me know and we'll get you added.

Reactions: ChrisInVegas