Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 1/12 10:52pm CST
EDD: 1/30 - 2/27 in app so pretty broad.
MSM w/ White Intdrior, Tow, and Induction
Ok, I've been using the source code trick that worked for my 3P but no dice this morning. Got a text and email simultaneously I was assigned a VIN and to schedule my delivery in Nashville. Only 2 dates to choose from on Feb 13th or 14th. Chose 13th! For you guys who received a VIN did you inquire with the 510 number on the manufacture date or wait until pickup?

EDD: 1/30 - 2/27 - stayed same EDD even on this morning's check 1/30.
MSM w/ White Interior, Tow, and Induction
VIN assigned: 1/30 3:32pm CST
Delivery Scheduled: 2/13

For you guys who received a VIN did you inquire with the 510 number on the manufacture date or wait until pickup?
I waited till pick up and the manufacture date was printed on the Monroney label (new car sticker) 01/2023 there was no specific date but received VIN 1/9 so I assume it was either first week in Jan or maybe the day VIN was assigned. Hopefully this helps.

Reactions: mshort_utk
Ok, I've been using the source code trick that worked for my 3P but no dice this morning. Got a text and email simultaneously I was assigned a VIN and to schedule my delivery in Nashville. Only 2 dates to choose from on Feb 13th or 14th. Chose 13th! For you guys who received a VIN did you inquire with the 510 number on the manufacture date or wait until pickup?

EDD: 1/30 - 2/27 - stayed same EDD even on this morning's check 1/30.
MSM w/ White Interior, Tow, and Induction
VIN assigned: 1/30 3:32pm CST
Delivery Scheduled: 2/13
So what’s this source code trick?

TLDR version

1. Once you’re logged in, click on your new Tesla to access its vehicle page. Tesla SSO - Sign In
  2. Step three
    Once in the vehicle page, you can press “CTRL + U” on PC (or “COMMAND + Option + U” on Mac to bring up the page develop menu.)
  3. Step four
    From there, scroll to “view page source” (I bookmarked the view-source:Tesla SSO - Sign In page)

Step five
Now, it may take a moment, but you should see the page of source code pop up. From there press “COMMAND + F” (CTRL + F for PC) to bring up the “find” search bar.

Step six
Type “7SAY” (Tesla’s WMI shown above) and search. Thanks @arbitrage000

Last edited:
TLDR version

1. Once you’re logged in, click on your new Tesla to access its vehicle page.
  2. Step three
    Once in the vehicle page, you can press “CTRL + U” on PC (or “COMMAND + Option + U” on Mac to bring up the page develop menu.)
  3. Step four
    From there, scroll to “view page source” and click it.

Note: You can also right click the page and pull up the same menu, especially on Google Chrome.
I would add for MY, you want to do a search "Ctrl+F" for "7SAY" as that is always the beginning of a MY VIN these days.

Another question for those that have taken delivery recently on MYLR7s.
  • Does the car come with mud flaps? I know many recommend the basenor brand and to at least install the front flaps.
  • What are folks planning on doing for cargo area cover? I believe this was referred to as a 'parcel shelf' but I've seen this isn't provided. Is the OEM compatible at all or do we have to look at 3rd party only? Never sat in a Y before or looked in the cargo area.
Thanks and hope everyone here gets a VIN asap if you haven't already.

Another question for those that have taken delivery recently on MYLR7s.
  • Does the car come with mud flaps? I know many recommend the basenor brand and to at least install the front flaps.
  • What are folks planning on doing for cargo area cover? I believe this was referred to as a 'parcel shelf' but I've seen this isn't provided. Is the OEM compatible at all or do we have to look at 3rd party only? Never sat in a Y before or looked in the cargo area.
Thanks and hope everyone here gets a VIN asap if you haven't already.
In WA, mud flaps do not come with the car. OEM parcel shelf seems to come with 5 seats MY only. And can’t find third party shelf for 7 seats.

Reactions: mshort_utk