Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First Tesla! Super excited.

Midnight Silver Metallic MYLR7/Black interior/19"
OD: 1/14 early afternoon
Current EDD: 2/12-3/19

Located in Vancouver, Canada.

No VIN assigned yet, nothing in the source code either. Hoping these posts saying all 7 seaters are from Freemont with the matrix headlights are true.
Nice - we have a nearly identical config. We went with the 20" wheels and ordered probably 2-3 hours after you, and have an EDD of 2/27-3/31. Hope you get your VIN soon!

Reactions: mshort_utk
Has anyone who placed a customized order on after 01/13 received their vehicle yet?

My EDD hasn't changed from 02/16-03/23 window, but I don't know I that window is going to hold if others who placed order before me (OD 01/16) haven't received theirs yet.

Has anyone who placed a customized order on after 01/13 received their vehicle yet?

My EDD hasn't changed from 02/16-03/23 window, but I don't know I that window is going to hold if others who placed order before me (OD 01/16) haven't received theirs yet.

Yes I would expect delays but 3/31 to be the back stop for all deliveries, since TSLA might lose the tax credit and be subject to cancellations/ refunds, Mine has no options other 7 seats so I expect to be last.

Scheduled my delivery today. Delivery window never got below the 9 days currently in my signature, but the delivery day of the 11th is within that window. Called the insurance company immediately to change my policy starting that day and I think they kind of thought I was crazy, but I like to be prepared.

Also, FYI trade in offers are good for 1000 miles. I couldn't find that written anywhere but I confirmed it with my SA via text. Taking a trip to NC next week and unfortunately driving the Model 3 I'm trading in would put me over that, so much for one last hurrah, but oh well.

Scheduled my delivery today. Delivery window never got below the 9 days currently in my signature, but the delivery day of the 11th is within that window. Called the insurance company immediately to change my policy starting that day and I think they kind of thought I was crazy, but I like to be prepared.

you have a 30 day grace period (atleast w/ USAA in AZ) where you are covered under current policy.

I can attest the validity of this! 7 seat Ys are solely made in Fremont. Picked up our MYLR7 last Sat equipped with matrix headlights.
I asked one of the sales reps about this when I went to test drive a Y last week. He says that currently this is true but it will change at some point in the future, and 7 seaters will come out of Austin eventually. Hopefully by then they have matrix headlights at Austin as well.

@abig OD: 3/20/2022, VIN assigned 01/09/2023 Picked up 01/28/2023. No holds placed or anything like that, just circumstances beyond our control drove the long wait.

Definitely a bit of lead time there. How are they so confident that they can deliver other 7 seaters by end of March? I know that demand was dwindling towards the end of '22, but was it that drastic? My EDD is 2/27-3/31, for example.

Also, FYI trade in offers are good for 1000 miles. I couldn't find that written anywhere but I confirmed it with my SA via text. Taking a trip to NC next week and unfortunately driving the Model 3 I'm trading in would put me over that, so much for one last hurrah, but oh well.
Question for you about insurance. Did you have the insurance start 3 days prior to delivery? I ask because I called my insurance and set the transition date for my trade-in car to my Tesla on the delivery day. However, my Texas vehicle pick up process instructions say “Insurance will need to be valid at least 3 days before and for 60 days following your scheduled pick up date.” Not sure if they are strictly enforcing this. The problem is insurance company is not good at having a 3 day overlap.