Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have noticed that but am just patiently waiting until delivery on 2/13. Still scratching my head on any type of parcel shelf/cover for the rear since it's been verified here the OEM isn't compatible.
yep, feeling the push to the back of the line already. Gives me more time to fabricate my custom cargo cover from a window sunscreen with a silkscreen of Elon!

• Funny
Reactions: mshort_utk
There is uncomfortable radio silence on this thread :). I guess with the Tax rebate extended on all models, the 7 seaters will go back of the queue as Tesla will be keen on the expensive MYP models

😭
I need a 7 seater now. I can't wait for much longer. 😭 What bad timing for this announcement.

I hope 7 seater vehicles are already in production prior to this announcement and any production line changes.

Anyone know if pricing on existing orders will be changed if Tesla decides to increase prices now that MY is eligible for the 80K ceiling?

😭
I need a 7 seater now. I can't wait for much longer. 😭 What bad timing for this announcement.

I hope 7 seater vehicles are already in production prior to this announcement and any production line changes.

Anyone know if pricing on existing orders will be changed if Tesla decides to increase prices now that MY is eligible for the 80K ceiling?
Tesla always honours your original pricing. My car price increased $10K between OD and delivery and I paid my original price.

The only exception to this was when they did the huge price increase on Jan 12th they did make 7 seat orders pay the $4K price and MSM orders had to pay the $1K. But of course that was all offset by the huge base price decrease.

That’s awesome! I think you’re the first one in the east coast that I read so far. My date for 2/24-3/31 has not changed (OD of 1/13).
My EDD range never changed from 1/30 - 2/28. Received VIN on 1/30. I truly figured my date range would slide based on 7 seat prior orders but know there were massive supply chain issues likely contributing to prior orders. Fingers crossed you all get your VINs asap. Will post how pickup goes.

Tesla always honours your original pricing. My car price increased $10K between OD and delivery and I paid my original price.

The only exception to this was when they did the huge price increase on Jan 12th they did make 7 seat orders pay the $4K price and MSM orders had to pay the $1K. But of course that was all offset by the huge base price decrease.
Thanks. That’s reassuring to know they will honor original pricing.

Yes the massive price drop was slightly dampened by the 1K increase. But it’s what it is.

With this policy I am sure Tesla is going to have a surge in orders from people who may fear Tesla increasing prices since the ceiling is higher.

😭

The only exception is Cybertruck intro type pricing, which I doubt will be honored. these are firm orders

Do what I'm doing. Cross shop used Model X to keep myself busy while waiting. Prices are dropping on those too to new Y levels, even w/ tax credit

Reactions: vishnumrao
I've done a search and haven't found anything relatively recent - but what are people getting for trunk floor mats? The official Tesla trunk mats claim they are not compatible with the 7 seater. Not sure what the solution is to having a mat with the third row folding up.

I've done a search and haven't found anything relatively recent - but what are people getting for trunk floor mats? The official Tesla trunk mats claim they are not compatible with the 7 seater. Not sure what the solution is to having a mat with the third row folding up.
This option worked for me. The reviews will show you how to fold it correctly for your third row.

Reactions: RxFiller and vickh
The only exception is Cybertruck intro type pricing, which I doubt will be honored. these are firm orders

Do what I'm doing. Cross shop used Model X to keep myself busy while waiting. Prices are dropping on those too to new Y levels, even w/ tax credit
Thank you. I am glad I have locked in a lower price. Actually MY was not our first choice. in fact it was used MX.

But the price drop and the federal 7.5K rebate made a huge gap between used MX and new MY. my goto place for used MX is onlyusedtesla. Anyone know any good alternative places to shop for used MX? Tesla's used MX offerings appear to be much higher priced than on onlyusedtesla.

Reactions: vickh
Thank you. I am glad I have locked in a lower price. Actually MY was not our first choice. in fact it was used MX.

But the price drop and the federal 7.5K rebate made a huge gap between used MX and new MY. my goto place for used MX is onlyusedtesla. Anyone know any good alternative places to shop for used MX? Tesla's used MX offerings appear to be much higher priced than on onlyusedtesla.
Tesla's used MX offerings are much higher and they make it hard to test drive. Only refuse delivery and then you're out up to $2K shipping.

I don't mind not test driving a new Y, but not used X. Too many issues. I drove one today, and falcon wing sensors were out.

Tesla's used MX offerings are much higher and they make it hard to test drive. Only refuse delivery and then you're out up to $2K shipping.

I don't mind not test driving a new Y, but not used X. Too many issues. I drove one today, and falcon wing sensors were out.
For the moment, we intend to stick to the MY LR 7 seater as we are looking for fewer problems with a new vs potentially more issues with used.

Reactions: abig