Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a question for all of you who ordered the 7 seater? What is your rationale to go 7 seater vs the 5 seater? I wonder if you are throwing in 4K to have 2 extra seats just in case you need it.

Reason is that I am ordering the 7 seater because I have 4 young kids. Anyone else planning to fit in 4 kids into a 7 seater MY?

I have a question for all of you who ordered the 7 seater? What is your rationale to go 7 seater vs the 5 seater? I wonder if you are throwing in 4K to have 2 extra seats just in case you need it.

Reason is that I am ordering the 7 seater because I have 4 young kids. Anyone else planning to fit in 4 kids into a 7 seater MY?
I have two kids, so don’t need the 7 seats most days. Couple times a year, guests or relatives visit, I will be able to utilize all the seats and fit 6 or 7 in the car. In the past we would take 2 cars or take 1 car and stick close to home. So like you said, 4k for just in case.

Getting the 7 as I have 4 kids as well. I currently have a 2012 Signature S with jump seats, but my two younger ones don't love sitting back there most of the time.

I have two kids, so don’t need the 7 seats most days. Couple times a year, guests or relatives visit, I will be able to utilize all the seats and fit 6 or 7 in the car. In the past we would take 2 cars or take 1 car and stick close to home. So like you said, 4k for just in case.
same here...it's for when the in-laws come to visit and we can take a single car to go out on short restaurant/shopping runs. I also figure it may help in resale in the future.

Reactions: AJ..

That's about right. My wife and I plan for 2 kids, parents, inlaws, kid's friends, team mates going to games, etc. The 3rd row will be folded flat 90% of the time unless any of the above... it is important to know that only small people can fit back there. I would say 5'8" maximum height. My wife is 5'1" and fits comfortably also with plenty of leg room for the 2nd row passenger ahead of her. I saw some smaller dudes get in 3rd row around the 5'8" range. I myself am 6'1" and could not fit. Head was pressed against the glass roof and the 2nd row seats could not click into place because my legs were in the way.

Reactions: vishnumrao
same here...it's for when the in-laws come to visit and we can take a single car to go out on short restaurant/shopping runs. I also figure it may help in resale in the future.
My reason is it's what my wife wanted hah. My Volt is only 5 years old so I wanted her to be on board with dropping 50k on a car so that made her excited so be it. Personally I probably would have instead opted for the Performance model instead but I'll just buy the boost instead. We only have one kid, a 5 year old but my wife is 5'4" and can fit back there. We plan to keep the car 8-10 years so basically the logic is it will future proof it (in case we haul around multiple friends of hers) and should get most of the 4k back in resale.

Like several have said. For me it is grandkids and family so that for many holidays, when parking and time is at a premium, we only have to take one car! Won't be used a lot and probably not for long hauls. Otherwise it will be my schlepp-mobile! My apologies in advance for all those that pamper their vehicles.

I have 3 kids, when we go on a road trip we can all fit in the 2nd row, or drive the Model S currently. But going out to dinner with relatives will need the 7 seats. also helps to be able to separate the kids when they get on each others nerves.

My reason is it's what my wife wanted hah. My Volt is only 5 years old so I wanted her to be on board with dropping 50k on a car so that made her excited so be it. Personally I probably would have instead opted for the Performance model instead but I'll just buy the boost instead. We only have one kid, a 5 year old but my wife is 5'4" and can fit back there. We plan to keep the car 8-10 years so basically the logic is it will future proof it (in case we haul around multiple friends of hers) and should get most of the 4k back in resale.
I'm originally from that area, Born in Troy. Grew up in Clifton Park.