Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All, I've been following this thread for a couple of weeks. I figured I will throw in my order data.
Blue / black / no tow / 19 / Enhanced Auto pilot / 7 seat
OD: 1/13 3:51PM CST
3rd party bank financing secured and updated on app 1/17
EDD: 2/22 - 3/31
EDD: 2/21 - 3/21 - Updated Feb 5th
no VIN
MN

Text from Tesla on 2/13 letting me know I can trade a vehicle in and specifics about Minnesota trade in tax credit. I am not trading in a vehicle.

Thanks there are people who have ordered in January and taken delivery already. A handful in this thread who ordered 1/13 and have VINs with deliveries schedules
7-seater stats for early orders:
- 1/12 100% (vin received)
- 1/13 57%
- 1/14 17%

source: me collecting data from reddit/TMC-7-seater-wait-room
* Note these data were collected by hand so might not be accurate at all

edit: add danyley4612

Last edited:
Reactions: BelugaWhale
Multi-coat Red / black / 19" / 7 seat; final change to order 3 Dec 22.

Got my "Schedule for Delivery" text today. Tesla scheduled the delivery for a time when I am out of town, but will finally get to pick it on the 28th. WooHoo!

Definitelly a lot of movement.

7-seater stats for early orders:
- 1/12 100% (vin received)
- 1/13 57%
- 1/14 17%

source: me collecting data from reddit/TMC-7-seater-wait-room
* Note these data were collected by hand so might not be accurate at all

edit: add danyley4612
I love this...Thank you for all your work on this. Here is where I am:

MYLR Seven-Seater, White/Black, std 19inch wheels
  • Order Date: 1/15/2023 evening (1/16/2023O 'Order placed with electronically accepted terms in agreement')
  • Orig Estimated Delivery Date was: Feb - April
  • EDD Updated 1/18/23 to current: Feb 25 - Mar 31
  • No VIN yet

Reactions: ansons
There is another guy on here who has same delivery location as me (Mt. Kisco) and ordered a day after me. The only difference between our build is exterior color, him black, me red. He got his VIN already, I have not. So color definitely is a top factor unless we are just a fluky happen stance.
One of the people working at the service center told me that the cars come to them in batches of colors. Which would explain why I saw a lot of other red M3s when I picked mine up back in June. Didn't notice it as much with the MY, but they were a lot busier.

Hi everyone! Been watching the thread for awhile and figured it was time to post!

OD: 1/13, around noon CST
MSM/black/19”/7-seater/tow
EDD: 2/19-3/19 (hasn’t changed in the last few days, which is probably a good thing looking at everyone else’s posts!)
No Vin yet.

I‘m in South Dakota, and will be picking up in Minneapolis likely

Hi everyone! Been watching the thread for awhile and figured it was time to post!

OD: 1/13, around noon CST
MSM/black/19”/7-seater/tow
EDD: 2/19-3/19 (hasn’t changed in the last few days, which is probably a good thing looking at everyone else’s posts!)
No Vin yet.

I‘m in South Dakota, and will be picking up in Minneapolis likely
We have the exact same OD, build and EDD but in Maryland! I guess you're my direct competition! I hope we get an update this week!

I am no mafacturing line expert, but I can't help wonder that for a corporation trying to manufacture at scale, won't they have multiple paint brushes? :cool:
🤔 You might be right. I'm no expert either and I have no idea how they have things setup, but if they don't have the ability to paint any colors any time, I'm guessing it is not trivial to swap out colors in the painting parts of the line and they try not to do it more than they need to. That's just a trivial way to say that some amount of batching by color makes sense to me. But we're all just grasping at straws waiting for these 7-seaters to show up! 😂

🤔 You might be right. I'm no expert either and I have no idea how they have things setup, but if they don't have the ability to paint any colors any time, I'm guessing it is not trivial to swap out colors in the painting parts of the line and they try not to do it more than they need to. That's just a trivial way to say that some amount of batching by color makes sense to me. But we're all just grasping at straws waiting for these 7-seaters to show up! 😂
It takes a minute for Elon to paint each of these.

it depends on what equipment they use. I remember seeing one show about auto manufacturing that said they used one type painting equipment that could paint different colors as it used some sort of individual paint cartridge for each specific car. while other equipment is only able to paint one color at a time and takes time to swap colors (assuming this is what Tesla uses to cut cost).