Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the VIN Monday, Feb 20. Same day for Delivery notice. For Feb 22-23. Text said I have to make delivery appointment by today or will lose vehicle. Seems like everything is happening all at once. I wonder if this vehicle was a rejected vehicle that is why it was already in the area. We’ll see during delivery appointment. How do you check build date?

Got the VIN Monday, Feb 20. Same day for Delivery notice. For Feb 22-23. Text said I have to make delivery appointment by today or will lose vehicle. Seems like everything is happening all at once. I wonder if this vehicle was a rejected vehicle that is why it was already in the area. We’ll see during delivery appointment. How do you check build date?
I am worrying about the same thing .... received vin 2/21 with delivery schedule window 24-25

While everyone is reading tea leaves for VINs and delivery dates I'll share my first impressions of getting to use the third row of seating after a few weeks of having the car.

Just like one of the SAs at the Tesla Service Center told me, the third row is definitely for short trips and for short people. My wife is about 5'4" and fits back there without any issues, but like you'll see on the internet, anyone much taller than 5'8" or so is going to have problems with headroom. I'm about 5'10" with a shorter torso and my heat definitely touches the glass.

The other thing to expect is that if you're a driver that has their seat most of the way back (like I do, long legs), you will definitely have to move your seat up with someone in the 3rd row due to the middle row needing to be moved up. Not a big deal, but for longer drives you won't be driving from your optimum driving position.

Lastly, one thing I did not expect is how the third row is NOT carseat friendly. The biggest problem is that like most tiny rear seats like that, the seats are designed in a reclined position so that an adult's feet go under the seat in front of them to make for a comfortable seating position even with the back of the middle seat right at your knees. Well if you put a kid in a car seat back there, even a booster seat, it elevates their legs so that their feet don't fit under the seat in front of them. You have two choices, either smash their feet up against the back of the middle row, or push the middle row ever farther forward, which doesn't work for middle row passengers. I have one kid in a big forward facing car seat, and one in a booster seat. What we found works best is to put the big car seat in the middle row, and have the other kid ditch the booster seat and sit behind the carseat. I know that's not the safest solution but the seats are so tiny back there that not having the booster seat isn't as big of a deal as it would be in other seats, and we're talking about short trips here.

Anyway, love the car, really glad I upgraded to the Y from a 3 and glad I got the 7 seater. Just thought I'd share to help manage expectations, and to share the bit about the carseats because I did not expect that (though it seems obvious now).

Just wondering why you would be worried? You booked to get a new Tesla and what would make you concerned (I am also looking to order and would help to know the reasons/background to make better decision). Thx
so from time to time, you'll see a rejected delivery shared on reddit. I do believe these are true stories coz one of my friend ever rejected a delivery (in WA).

The problem of this (that having your delivery is in fact a rejected delivery) is that you might also reject the delivery for the same reason. And that will kick you back to the queue, a long, miserable waiting queue that most of people experience here.

Plus, we have a planned trip coming in March, if the new delivery is coming on someday in March, we again likely need to push it back so gotta experience the pain for a much longer time.

Reactions: AJ..
What are you surprised by? The push out or the duration of the push out.
I would have assumed you got your VIN on the 20 or 21st based on previous indicators but all just guesses based on activity posted here. However, since you didn’t get a VIN it makes sense that you got an update now. 7 seaters seem harder to guess/predict because there is way less of them and they only come from Fremont.

I would still guess you are pretty close to getting a VIN but I’m reality I have no idea 😀

hey do you mind sharing your OD and spec?

Progress…

MYLR7 / MSM / Black / 20” / Tow

Boise, Idaho

OD: 1/16

EDD: 3/1-3/29

2/21: Received the text - “We expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks.”

Per SA, the VIN is assigned once the car rolls off the assembly line and “Average time from VIN to delivery is anywhere between 5-7 days if the car is coming from California, if the car is on site at your delivery location it can be a lot sooner.”

While everyone is reading tea leaves for VINs and delivery dates I'll share my first impressions of getting to use the third row of seating after a few weeks of having the car.

Just like one of the SAs at the Tesla Service Center told me, the third row is definitely for short trips and for short people. My wife is about 5'4" and fits back there without any issues, but like you'll see on the internet, anyone much taller than 5'8" or so is going to have problems with headroom. I'm about 5'10" with a shorter torso and my heat definitely touches the glass.

The other thing to expect is that if you're a driver that has their seat most of the way back (like I do, long legs), you will definitely have to move your seat up with someone in the 3rd row due to the middle row needing to be moved up. Not a big deal, but for longer drives you won't be driving from your optimum driving position.

Lastly, one thing I did not expect is how the third row is NOT carseat friendly. The biggest problem is that like most tiny rear seats like that, the seats are designed in a reclined position so that an adult's feet go under the seat in front of them to make for a comfortable seating position even with the back of the middle seat right at your knees. Well if you put a kid in a car seat back there, even a booster seat, it elevates their legs so that their feet don't fit under the seat in front of them. You have two choices, either smash their feet up against the back of the middle row, or push the middle row ever farther forward, which doesn't work for middle row passengers. I have one kid in a big forward facing car seat, and one in a booster seat. What we found works best is to put the big car seat in the middle row, and have the other kid ditch the booster seat and sit behind the carseat. I know that's not the safest solution but the seats are so tiny back there that not having the booster seat isn't as big of a deal as it would be in other seats, and we're talking about short trips here.

Anyway, love the car, really glad I upgraded to the Y from a 3 and glad I got the 7 seater. Just thought I'd share to help manage expectations, and to share the bit about the carseats because I did not expect that (though it seems obvious now).
Thank you for the info

Reactions: arichard2401
Just stopped by the nearest Tesla Showroom and one of the advisors showed me her screen and the EDD was exactly same as mine. Someone mentioned here that advisors would have additional information about our orders like VIN or production date or different EDD which we don’t have access to, but it was not true. I was the only guest in the showroom and everyone was trying to help and find more info, but no luck. :)

Just stopped by the nearest Tesla Showroom and one of the advisors showed me her screen and the EDD was exactly same as mine. Someone mentioned here that advisors would have additional information about our orders like VIN or production date or different EDD which we don’t have access to, but it was not true. I was the only guest in the showroom and everyone was trying to help and find more info, but no luck. :)
Supposedly not all SAs have access to everything. But those that have access do have much more than we as customers have access to on our app/website.

Reactions: GoGators!