Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wish I could know more about where the car is in The process. The final 12-16 days are torture because there is nothing left to do but wait.
Yes,
OD 1/15
MYLR AEP MSM 20
I just scheduled my delivery date on Monday my app shows to make the payment now to delay the process what should I do and when should I pay and how should I pay please advise.
Can o give them a personal cheque?
Personal checks are not allowed. I believe here in Texas, Tesla has to be fully paid before taking delivery. The credit union wired the funds Thursday, and I scheduled delivery for 3/13. The downpayment, I used the Tesla app to link my bank account through Plaid. It immediately showed completed, but it took about 2-3 days before it was actually withdrawn from my bank account.

Reactions: Chey
Yes,

Personal checks are not allowed. I believe here in Texas, Tesla has to be fully paid before taking delivery. The credit union wired the funds Thursday, and I scheduled delivery for 3/13. The downpayment, I used the Tesla app to link my bank account through Plaid. It immediately showed completed, but it took about 2-3 days before it was actually withdrawn from my bank account.
I scheduled my delivery on 1/13 and without inspecting the vehicle I don’t want to transfer funds is their any other way that I can pay Tesla on delivery date?

I scheduled my delivery on 1/13 and without inspecting the vehicle I don’t want to transfer funds is their any other way that I can pay Tesla on delivery date?
You can literally pay in the app the day of pickup after you perform a thorough inspection. They have a third party service called "Plaid" which links to your bank account and performs a ACH transfer and takes 3 business days to deduct from your bank account. You can also do a cashiers check and hand that to them on the day. I've used Plaid several times and it's the most easiest way to pay Tesla. If using Plaid you can delete from your Tesla account after the money transfers.

You can literally pay in the app the day of pickup after you perform a thorough inspection. They have a third party service called "Plaid" which links to your bank account and performs a ACH transfer and takes 3 business days to deduct from your bank account. You can also do a cashiers check and hand that to them on the day. I've used Plaid several times and it's the most easiest way to pay Tesla. If using Plaid you can delete from your Tesla account after the money transfers.
Rules in states that have banned direct selling may be different.

I live in a state with no direct Tesla sales. I have to drive to a neighboring state that has direct sales to pick up and have done so three times. Each time used Plaid to pay and bring the vehicle back.

Not sure what rules you reference and how they apply to payments?
If the person is getting the vehicular delivered it may need to be paid for before being delivered.

If you go to the vehicle then yes it should be the same as going to a service center

I did a personal check for my 3 in AZ , but that was in 2019

I am cross shopping this X 2017 Tesla MX 75D in Rockville MD US listed at Sold just in case Y doesn't come in time for 3/31 (the end of my window)

Also tempted by the seXy vs the less sexY, and real 3rd row. Test drove a 3rd row Y this weekend and it was a joke, even the rep said they jammed it in, cup holders take up room etc.

Not sure if the 17 X has MCU2 (i'll pay for the upgrade regardless), it has EAP

MYLR7 - solid black - black interior - 20 inch - tow

Placed order 2/1

Changed order 2/4 (SA told me this configuration will be delivered soon, seems i picked up the order that canceled by someone)

EDD1: 2/7 - 3/3 (1mo)
EDD2: 2/17 - 3/3 (2 weeks)

TEXT: 2/24 great news! We expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks.

EDD3: 2/25 - 3/11 (2 weeks)
EDD4: 3/2 - 3/16 (2 weeks)
EDD5: 3/10 - 3/24 (2 weeks)

EDD updated this morning:
3/4 - 3/13
Nada VIN
Well nuts.. EDD just changed to 3/19 - 3/31.
No VIN