Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a chance to drive 2019 Model S (the car is still with me, right now) for a couple of days after i picked up my Model Y two wks ago. I would say power-wise it's definitely a beast but from interior (2019 S like some luxury car from 2010, 2021 version def looks much better) to technology (you can definitely feel the slowness of MCU2 on S) to the view of driving (since Y is taller) I will pick 2022/23 Y every single time.

Curious why would MCU2 be slow if upgraded from MCU1? Doesn't the upgrade do the chip too?

I agree about S height. X is about the same height as Y but wider in the back for 3rd row

Last edited:
I picked up my car today. Unfortunately, not so perfect condition but not a deal breaker. There's a small paint chip on the exterior, and there are some scratches in the one of the interior trim. Looking from the back driver side door, to the bottom right panel plastic trim. I made a service appointment request, and they requested pictures. I have an appointment on Thursday.

That wasn't so bad, but then........I go out to eat after picking up my car. Thankfully, I turned Sentry mode on. When I got home, I noticed a ding by my door that was not there when I picked up the car! I immediately checked the dashcam, and this dude hit my car with his door hard. He parked so close to my car, and his door has all kinds of dents and dings. Anyway, he walked by my door and looked at it from a side eye and walked away. The camera caught his face, and his license plate very clearly. I haven't had the car for 12 hours and already! Anywho, I will keep my peace and what must be done will be done.

MYLR White / Black / Gemini / 7 Seat/19 inch
OD 1/15
Profile Completion: 1/18
EDD 1: Feb - April
EDD 2: Mar 4 - Mar 31
EDD 3: Mar 24 - Mar 31 --Updated Feb 22nd
EDD 4: Mar 14 - Mar 31 --Updated Feb 28th
EDD 5: Mar 23 - Mar 30 --Updated Mar 05--VIN assigned.
EDD 6: Mar 17 - Mar 25 -updated mar 12

Hope this is the final EDD update…:)

MYLR White / Black / Gemini / 7 Seat/19 inch
OD 1/15
Profile Completion: 1/18
EDD 1: Feb - April
EDD 2: Mar 4 - Mar 31
EDD 3: Mar 24 - Mar 31 --Updated Feb 22nd
EDD 4: Mar 14 - Mar 31 --Updated Feb 28th
EDD 5: Mar 23 - Mar 30 --Updated Mar 05--VIN assigned.
EDD 6: Mar 17 - Mar 25 -updated mar 12

Hope this is the final EDD update…:)
Finally got deliver date appointment message. on 21,22,23 mar

Reactions: ansons
So what happens now? End of the line or next vehicle?

Don't think its end of the line. They'll try to match another vin. We'll find out!
Did you take any pics of the issues you had with the vehicle?
I did take some but not of the worst areas so not much to share unfortunately. Mostly paint imperfections, some of them under clear coat, scratches all over car. Could be buffed out but we don't want it to be sitting in the service center for some time right after getting it. There were also some frame alignment issues where A-pillar was further up and protruding out and normal; this is not adjustable. 2nd row seats (2/3) had wiring harness sticking out the bottom. Just a poor build all around. Didn't even get to test anything out in the interior unfortunately. We are not in dire need of the car so we can wait.

Last edited:
Don't think its end of the line. They'll try to match another vin. We'll find out!

I did take some but not of the worst areas so not much to share unfortunately. Mostly paint imperfections, some of them under clear coat, scratches all over car. Could be buffed out but we don't want it to be sitting in the service center for some time right after getting it. There were also some frame alignment issues where A-pillar was further up and protruding out and normal; this is not adjustable. 2nd row seats (2/3) had wiring harness sticking out the bottom. Just a poor build all around. Didn't even get to test anything out in the interior unfortunately. We are not in dire need of the car so we can wait.

Wow! I thought TSLA was past production issues like this during 3 production hell. I will stick to my X used order and get things fixed under warranty

My Y also have 2nd row seat exposing wire. I thought this is normal?

Those 20” 7-seaters are showing up in inventory all over the place for the past week. Hope this week starts the changeover to start seeing some 19” ones.

Anybody gotten delivery of a 19” 7-seater in the past week or 2? Post if you do, I’m hoping they are at least in transport.

Those 20” 7-seaters are showing up in inventory all over the place for the past week. Hope this week starts the changeover to start seeing some 19” ones.

Anybody gotten delivery of a 19” 7-seater in the past week or 2? Post if you do, I’m hoping they are at least in transport.
Just heard from SA that my 7 seater with 20” is set to arrive at center 3/21 (Edd 3/21-3/28) so guessing so. As soon as I got my vin saw multiple msm/white/ 7/ 20” show up in inventory when they never were before so guessing it has to be close to 19” time now that financial quarter is almost done

Reactions: slyderz3