TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

730pm pick up time?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by TheNeck, Dec 23, 2019.

1. TheNeck

TheNeck Member

Im scheduled to pick up my M3 at 730pm, I was wondering would they let me spend an hour or more inspecting the car? I’m worried they close at 8pm so they might rush me to get my out the door. they had no early pick times at all Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, so I decided to do the last time slot. Being anal now I’m wondering how late they stay opened till. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with a situation like this. Thanks

2. OCR1

OCR1 Active Member

Take your time. They can’t leave until you sign paperwork and pay them.

Last I heard they were staying open until midnight through the end of the year anyway.

• Like x 1
  3. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

Doubt they are closing at 8pm in the coming week or so. Typically they’re open delivering cars until Midnight. You guys don’t get it yet how these EoQ deliveries go. Unlike any other car dealership, and those dealerships can only sit back and be jealous.

And yes if you show up early no problem from when I got my car or from what others have said. Take a flashlight.

• Like x 1
  4. TheNeck

TheNeck Member

Thanks for the info guys

5. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

With a 730 pickup, they are already not to leave until 9. It takes about an hour to go through the process.
    But don't go expecting the car to be in bad shape, most get delivered with no issues.
    Had a friend pick up one yesterday and it was in great shape.
    BTW you won't be able to see too much in the dark

• Like x 2
  6. neurocutie

neurocutie Member

might want to bring a good flashlight or lantern to help inspect in the dark...

7. TheNeck

TheNeck Member

does anyone know if the costa mesa delivery center has lights in the show room? or is your car outside in the lot when you inspect it?

8. JT_M3P

JT_M3P Member

I would like to know this too. There's lights in the showroom but it won't accommodate many cars. Itll be dark when I pick up my car too.

9. OCR1

OCR1 Active Member

Costa Mesa deliveries are all indoors in a well lit area. But bring a flashlight to inspect inside the car and underneath.

10. TheNeck

TheNeck Member

thanks for all the helpful info everyone.

11. Callawayc7

Callawayc7 Member

They better not close at 8 pm. My appt is at 8:30 pm! LOL! I’m pretty sure they close much later than 8 this last week.

12. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

More like Midnight if they have cars at the delivery center to deliver and people scheduled to come in. Last week or two of EoQ they will stay to midnight, even back in 2018 when I got mine. I understand that they get some time off afterwards. Sure they need it after the long days.

13. TheNeck

TheNeck Member

730 was the lastest time slots for me to pick, so I didn’t think they had any later time slots.

14. OCR1

OCR1 Active Member

I would think they are not staying open until midnight on Christmas Eve. And I’m assuming they are closed Christmas Day. After that it’s open until midnight until New Year’s Eve or until every last car is sold.