Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could you share the first 3 digits of your VIN? I am purchasing a CPO with 204-XXX and trying to see if it would have the 4.3 or the 5.5.
Thanks!!
I have not heard of a 75D that CAN'T be uncorked. It would be all over the forum if someone had been told their 75D could not be uncorked and I haven't heard a peep. It would be really easy to send an email to the Rep. and get the answer in writing.

• Disagree
Reactions: hill and BartJ
I have not heard of a 75D that CAN'T be uncorked. It would be all over the forum if someone had been told their 75D could not be uncorked and I haven't heard a peep. It would be really easy to send an email to the Rep. and get the answer in writing.

mine can’t be uncorked.
and I’m not the only in one EU.

I asked at least 5 service centers , several escalations via MyTesla.

no go

vin 140xxx may 2016
75d facelift

• Informative
Reactions: Anssi and nico180
mine can’t be uncorked.
and I’m not the only in one EU.

I asked at least 5 service centers , several escalations via MyTesla.

no go

vin 140xxx may 2016
75d facelift

Quite a few in the UK are saying the same thing.

The advice I've given on the UK owners group for what its worth is to keep asking as some have eventually succeeded. The service centres seem to be working from out of date lists and aren;t checking the P value (or whatever it is). Have they actually inspected the car or just gone from the VIN? The only area I wonder is those with the software limited 85 battery - they should be fine anyway but they fall into a different configuration, but they were built mid 17 so doesn't fit your situation.

I know of a couple of very early facelifts that have had their cars hooked up to the diagnostic machine and told no. Most of the others have been a no based on the hopeless VIN list, and then a yes once diagnostically checked.

I think all the software capped 85's were all post July '17 so should have the performance enhancement anyway

Could you share the first 3 digits of your VIN? I am purchasing a CPO with 204-XXX and trying to see if it would have the 4.3 or the 5.5.
Thanks!!
Mine's a 204xxx and it was uncorked over the air by the Mothership as it was in a narrow window where the uncorked figures were announced just after it had gone in to production. It was supplied corked and subsequently uncorked a few weeks later after a bit of back and forth with my local SC.

Also, check if it has air suspension or not if that's important to you - that was around the time air suspension could not be specified on a 75 or 75D - mine is on coils.

Hope that helps...

I have not heard of a 75D that CAN'T be uncorked. It would be all over the forum if someone had been told their 75D could not be uncorked and I haven't heard a peep ....snip.....

South OC, -ordered in march & delivered April 2017. Might wana read item #3 below ;
20180125_150225.jpg

so - we got our 75d back from the shop yesterday afternoon for over 20 different issues & 3 plus weeks of time. One of the things was uncorking .... or not ...
so you haven't heard a Peep? Here you go ...
Peep Peep Peep Peep Peep Peep Peep Peep Peep

Peeeeeeeep !
any questions? Peep!

Last edited:
South OC, -ordered in march & delivered April 2017. Might wana read item #3 below ;
View attachment 275796

so - we got our 75d back from the shop yesterday afternoon for over 20 different issues & 3 plus weeks of time. One of the things was uncorking .... or not ...
so you haven't heard a Peep? Here you go ...
Peep Peep Peep Peep Peep Peep Peep Peep Peep

Peeeeeeeep !
any questions? Peep!

There must be a different explanation than battery configuration since both of the battery types for 75d’s (some people got an 85 battery adjusted to 75) and also the old and new drive units were able to get the uncork.

It's all guesswork - it wouldn't be too surprising if those of us who were denied ½shaft replacements, (because the shudder isn't bad 'enough') were also told no reconfiguring on those 75's - because more power means more shudder. more shutter means more company expenses & a more crowded SC.