Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I inquired with my OA if my September delivery MX 75D has been uncorked and this was his response via email....

"There is no verification through the touch screen that your vehicle is uncorked. I can however confirm that our internal system does show the update completed on your vehicle."

This is good news, but is there really no way for the owner to verfiy that their vehicle has been uncorked, other than independently testing the 0-60mph time?

My car feels quick, but to me it doesn't feel like a sub 5.0 sec car. I guess I'll have to test it. What's the best iOS app to use?

So in reading this thread I am even more confused before I knew about this uncorking subject lol

I have a 75D I picked up on 6/17/2017. It was custom ordered so the build date was probably around the 1st of June. Am I eligible for uncorking?

As it stands , as far as I understand it you are not eligible. What is ridiculous is that someone may have purchased a vehicle built in April (2 months before yours) but for a variety of reasons not taken delivery until July 1st, and would be eligible!!

I got a new inventory MS 75 on September second week. Ran powertools. Output is 320kWH max power. Powertool summary reported 0-61 mph in 4.5 seconds. Looking at the CSV log file, the 0-60 looks closer to 4.3 seconds. Pretty happy with the results.

As it stands , as far as I understand it you are not eligible. What is ridiculous is that someone may have purchased a vehicle built in April (2 months before yours) but for a variety of reasons not taken delivery until July 1st, and would be eligible!!

Ironically I wouldn't be surprised if the car will become eligible eventually once Tesla takes it in as a trade and it becomes a CPO...

I got a new inventory MS 75 on September second week. Ran powertools. Output is 320kWH max power. Powertool summary reported 0-61 mph in 4.5 seconds. Looking at the CSV log file, the 0-60 looks closer to 4.3 seconds. Pretty happy with the results.

I tested and got 4.8 seconds with 300 kwh max power. I ordered end of Aug, got delivery end of Sep. Model S 75 RWD.

What was your SoC at the time you tested? AC running? Total cargo weight in the car? Thanks!

Here are the powertools run logs from two different runs on two different days. I've removed lat-long information.
The second run was without the AC running. No cargo weight other than a small bag (about 15 lbs) on both runs.

Attachments

• RunLogs Teasla.zip
    848 bytes · Views: 77
I tested and got 4.8 seconds with 300 kwh max power. I ordered end of Aug, got delivery end of Sep. Model S 75 RWD.

What was your SoC at the time you tested? AC running? Total cargo weight in the car? Thanks!

just replied to you in my previous post. Do you know the manufacture date of your car? Mine was like Aug 21th (if I remember it correctly) - It had just rolled off the factory the day I ordered it and I received it with 8 miles on the odo.

I wonder why I got 4.8 seconds and a max of 300 kW power. One thing I notice that is different is the SoC. Mine was 60 as compared to 85+ for these RunLogs posted recently. I also had a passenger in my car with A/C on. Will try another run when my car is charged above 85%.

I wonder why I got 4.8 seconds and a max of 300 kW power. One thing I notice that is different is the SoC. Mine was 60 as compared to 85+ for these RunLogs posted recently. I also had a passenger in my car with A/C on. Will try another run when my car is charged above 85%.
You cannot time your car's peak performance with a passenger :). Also SOC would definitely have played a role. I don't think AC would make that big a difference.

I am looking at these run logs and having a hard time understanding the numbers. I see the speed in column B, and the power in column H, but how is the 0-60 time calculated from these numbers?

Sorry, I'm a bit of a newb!

Hi Polar. The first column is the time. It is a huge number that depicts the number of milliseconds elapsed at that moment since a standard historical time (around Jan 1st 1970) - this is a common practice of measuring time in computer systems. Note that there are 1000 milliseconds in 1 second.
Also, you may notice that if you open the CSV file in microsoft excel, you may notice the letter E almost towards the end of the number. In order to see the time as a number, you should format the column as a number with zero decimals (or open the csv file in a different program like a plain text editor).
So to calculate 0-60 time subtract the time (column A) between those rows where the speed was 0mph and 60mph. Technically this would give you the worst case analysis. Your 0-60 would statistically be apx. 1/4th of a second better than that - the reason has got to do with the fact that the log file samples are 1/4 second (250 milliseconds) apart.

Here are the powertools run logs from two different runs on two different days. I've removed lat-long information.
The second run was without the AC running. No cargo weight other than a small bag (about 15 lbs) on both runs.

Looks like something happened to your timestamps in the attached file. Also, I would have expected to see more than a peak power of 321kw. I thought it would be more like 350-360kw like Larryfl above. My corked 2016 MS 75D peaked at only 275kw and 5.0s to 0-60mph.

For those of you guys who have an illusion that Tesla would have a change of heart and release a software update that would uncork your car, I have a bad news. First of all, uncorking doesn't' require new drive units or anything else for that matter it just an update to your car configuration. Even last year production cars can be uncorked which gives a significant performance boost.
But it looks like Tesla enforces "no uncorking for older cars" policy - after a car is uncorked by an owner (why bother to contact Tesla :) ) Tesla would log in to the car and 'corked' it back. After the second attempt, an owner gets a pleasant call from Tesla with an emphasis if it happens again battery warranty could be voided.