Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • May 2017 production. Told by SC this morning that’s I’m not eligible. They were still saying any car before 7/1 doesn’t have the proper hardware so I’m hopeful they are just not yet informed.
I called Tesla Support and they told me they will have “the diagnostics team check the VIN and get back to me on whether it’s eliginle or not”.

Not sure what this means but I’m still holding out hope!

They don't have the new information yet. It was released on Friday evening. You should be eligible

Called and made my appointment for tomorrow at 10:00 ET in Rockville. It took a few moments for them to verify my previously ineligible car was authorized to get the enhancement. VIN: 196XXX, April order, May delivery (2017).

And of course, the person who referred me (and used to have a P85) pranked me with a congratulatory addition to my car when I wasn't around. I didn't notice this until I was washing it yesterday:

photo_2017-10-22_16-01-01.jpg

He says that he also has the red "D", but was told by several people that removing my original would be a bit much for a prank.

I guess I'll leave it for now! I'll report back with pre and post 0-60 times from Dashboard for Tesla, should everything go as planned tomorrow.

-DJ

Called and made my appointment for tomorrow at 10:00 ET in Rockville. It took a few moments for them to verify my previously ineligible car was authorized to get the enhancement. VIN: 196XXX, April order, May delivery (2017).

And of course, the person who referred me (and used to have a P85) pranked me with a congratulatory addition to my car when I wasn't around. I didn't notice this until I was washing it yesterday:

View attachment 255679

He says that he also has the red "D", but was told by several people that removing my original would be a bit much for a prank.

I guess I'll leave it for now! I'll report back with pre and post 0-60 times from Dashboard for Tesla, should everything go as planned tomorrow.

-DJ
What’s the number you called

What service center did you call

I have been in contact with my SC for many months with no results and last week I got an email from them telling me to
bring my car in. They told me that my car was flagged eligible to receive the upgrade. From the look of things its seems like
many 75D owners got notified. VIN will tell them either yes or no in terms of eligibility.
2017 MS75D Built date May 2017 VIN 198XX. Seattle WA

I have been in contact with my SC for many months with no results and last week I got an email from them telling me to
bring my car in. They told me that my car was flagged eligible to receive the upgrade. From the look of things its seems like
many 75D owners got notified. VIN will tell them either yes or no in terms of eligibility.
2017 MS75D Built date May 2017 VIN 198XX. Seattle WA
I have. A 70d that can be upgraded to a 75d ap1 am I out of luck?

View attachment 255679

-DJ
That's awesome! Congrats!

I have. A 70d that can be upgraded to a 75d ap1 am I out of luck?

I have a 60D that can be upgraded to a 75D. Called the service center at Toronto Lawrence who was aware of this new performance bulletin. They said after running my VIN, 195XXX, through their system I'm not eligible. I asked if I upgraded to a 75D, will that grant me eligibility but he said he can't say for sure and directed me to corporate. Anyone in the same boat can confirm and have been told the same? There are examples of 75D, upgraded from 60D, that has been uncorked in previous posts.

• Informative
Reactions: Dan60D and outie
I have a 60D that can be upgraded to a 75D. Called the service center at Toronto Lawrence who was aware of this new performance bulletin. They said after running my VIN, 195XXX, through their system I'm not eligible. I asked if I upgraded to a 75D, will that grant me eligibility but he said he can't say for sure and directed me to corporate. Anyone in the same boat can confirm and have been told the same? There are examples of 75D, upgraded from 60D, that has been uncorked in previous posts.
That is consistent with my assumption. They only run the VIN to see if it's eligible and can't guarantee you that by upgrading to 75 you will be eligible as they need to query the database again. However, who knows how often the database is updated? Is it instant? Or is it ever updated again after upgrading to the 75? It's also possible the VIN database is frozen and does not take account for upgraded 75D post-database creation. We probably need more clarification from corporate.

This post is interesting though:
0 to 60 uncork

177XXX S75D here in UK, been into Milton Keynes SC this morning and they were aware of the mass 75D uncorking roomers but have not received any official notice from head office to allow them to start the uncork process. Car is booked in on 9th Nov for a service, hopefully it will get sorted before the car goes in!

• Informative
Reactions: jgjongsma
Update, decided to drive by the SC this morning and they didn't have any service appointments so they uncorked the silver S, vin 167xxx, nov 16 build, took about 1.5 hours so they gave me a loaner.

Tomorrow morning I go back for my wife's, though she doesn't really care..., vin 156xxx also eligible and it's just a firmware update. Not sure on the build date of my wife's S but will check later tonight.

View attachment 255679

-DJ

Haha honestly I love the P and you should wear it with pride! I'd take one if I could!