Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
looking at the earliest manufacturing date to get a "Yes" on uncorking: would it be accurate to state that only facelift cars have the ability to be uncorked (in addition to fuse etc.)? Looks like 4/16 cars are not uncorkable, but starting 5/16, dual-motor cars are (and some fuse dependency).

I think Tesla went into facelift car productions mid-April. As they improved charging speeds on the facelift cars, it is likely the higher-amp fuses were put in at that time (except for some random reason some new 75Ds didn't get them - quite unfortunate - Tesla should provide a h/w fix for those cars).
Facelift cars don’t have these fuses, rather a rapid splitter cable system. These fuses are exclusive to “dual charger” cars.

• Helpful
Reactions: phaduman
Maybe I’m in denial, but I’m not convinced on the fuse explanation. I posted the Tesla fuse response I received in one of the other 75D threads, and it doesn’t make much sense when paired with the spreadsheet. It seems too arbitrary based on a part varying among a wide and narrow range of VINs.

Add to it that it looks like incremental cars are being added to “the list” and I think Tesla is possibly trying to manage SC volume.

I will upgrade my 60D to a 75D if my intuition is correct. If the SC volume is the reason, I have no problem waiting my turn; I’d just like a clearer, more consistent explanation.

Reactions: number12
Maybe I’m in denial, but I’m not convinced on the fuse explanation. I posted the Tesla fuse response I received in one of the other 75D threads, and it doesn’t make much sense when paired with the spreadsheet. It seems too arbitrary based on a part varying among a wide and narrow range of VINs.

Add to it that it looks like incremental cars are being added to “the list” and I think Tesla is possibly trying to manage SC volume.

I will upgrade my 60D to a 75D if my intuition is correct. If the SC volume is the reason, I have no problem waiting my turn; I’d just like a clearer, more consistent explanation.
I am with you there.....maybe down the road will unlock our 60d to a 75 but also just want a real explanation??? The fuse thing seems off to me. We bought in feb and built in march 2017 reight before the line shutdown for a bit to deal with model 3 automation so i too dont know if ours can be uncorked after we unlock the battery...but cant see why they cant tell you.

FOR THE ‘CAN YOU TOP THIS” FILE

Model S 75D – Delivery date March 10, 2017

Wednesday, Oct. 25, 3:00 PM – Read this thread. Had no idea I could ‘soup up’ the car

Wednesday, October 25, 400 PM – Called my SC in Dania Beach, Florida. Gave my VIN and he said I was eligible. I asked to set up an appointment, he said he would send a road tech to my house, the next day at 2:00 PM

Wednesday, October 25, 5:00 PM. Road tech calls. Says he will download an update to my car. Instructs me to dismiss and do nothing until he arrives.

Thursday, October 26, 2017, Tech arrives on time. . About 50 minutes in car. Informs me car done. Take it out for a short run, WOW.

GOTTA LOVE TESLA !!!!!

C183C949-C954-4F99-8938-FCBF3DF6DCAE.png
A UK VIN 141XXX has been told no to uncorking. Pushed Tesla a bit, got this. It’s not much but suggests Tesla aren’t managing a rollout, there are cars that can’t be uncorked.

All RWD cars have P1 for performance. you should also have Uncorked in PerformancAddon field

Interesting, I thought only the 75D has a field for "Uncorked" from all the posts I have read. Hopefully there will be a chance for the RWD owners.

So, there appear to be two fields that are relevant here.... One is "Performance" (My car was P3, and is now P1), the other is "Perf Add On" (My car was "Standard", and is now "Uncorked")

Both of these fields can be seen in the car's diagnostics interface (accessible to SC techs/rangers):
UncorkedDiagUI75D.jpg

The Performance setting can also be read via the Tesla owner API.

Unfortunately, it appears the Performance tag is only useful for checking the "Uncorked" state of your car if you have a dual motor vehicle (like my 75D). And even then, it is only an indicator; PerfAddOn also needs to be set to Uncorked. (and, I suspect, in addition to these config changes, the motor controllers also need to get a firmware redeploy with their new configs/curves, which is likely why this update needs to be done in person and not OTA).

If you do have a 75D though and want to check its uncorked status, you should be able to do so via the vehicle_state call from the owner API.

You'll need an API key, as well as your car's id (from the vehicles call): Tesla Model S JSON API · Apiary

Code:
curl --header "Authorization:Bearer xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" https://owner-api.teslamotors.com/api/1/vehicles/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/data_request/vehicle_state

The response should include this:
Code:
      "perf_config" : "P1"

if you're uncorked.

or this:
Code:
      "perf_config" : "P3",

if you're corked.

If you use Teslafi, you can see the Performance tag in the raw API data section:
UncorkedTeslafi75D.png

I JUST dropped my car off to have it uncorked (75d), And now the waiting game begins... will give a report after its done.
Well- this is interesting. Tesla just told me that the firmware update worked, BUT- the uncorking process had an issue and reverted back. They're going to have a tech take a look and see what's up. Oh boy- talk about being on nerves.