Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

98 Score - Got FSD Beta?

Sustained 98 Safety Score?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can reset your safety score by un-enrolling, wait a about 4 hours, enroll again and drive 100 miles. At the end of the 100 miles if you have a 99 or 100 score you will get an email within a few hours saying you can enable FSD. I did this when I had an initial score of 96 (I live in NYC so I’m lucky to have had that high of a score.). This was a month ago, since then I dealt with NYC traffic and no issues with FSD getting revoked.

You can reset your safety score by un-enrolling, wait a about 4 hours, enroll again and drive 100 miles. At the end of the 100 miles if you have a 99 or 100 score you will get an email within a few hours saying you can enable FSD. I did this when I had an initial score of 96 (I live in NYC so I’m lucky to have had that high of a score.). This was a month ago, since then I dealt with NYC traffic and no issues with FSD getting revoked.
The emails might be dependant on whether or not your car was vision only from the get go. My MY is vision only, never built with a radar and I had to acknowledge that fact during the purchase process.

I never received any emails for the FSD beta program before or after download/install. The old lady's M3 has a radar but we haven't joined the beta on that one yet so I can't directly compare but my hypothesis is:

If you have a radar: You get an email for the vision only disclaimer
If your car is already vision only: no email

By all means, please prove me wrong as that is why I posted this - to test the hypothesis.

The emails might be dependant on whether or not your car was vision only from the get go. My MY is vision only, never built with a radar and I had to acknowledge that fact during the purchase process.

I never received any emails for the FSD beta program before or after download/install. The old lady's M3 has a radar but we haven't joined the beta on that one yet so I can't directly compare but my hypothesis is:

By all means, please prove me wrong as that is why I posted this - to test the hypothesis.

I got no email with a 2020 radar equipped M3

10.5 downloaded Wednesday afternoon

I got FSD Beta a few weeks ago, 5 days after achieving a 99.

Even though I have a vision-only MY (had to acknowledge that online before I could take delivery this past June), I still DID receive the email, about 6pm on a Friday, and saw the download notification within half an hour after that.

I got FSD Beta a few weeks ago, 5 days after achieving a 99.

Even though I have a vision-only MY (had to acknowledge that online before I could take delivery this past June), I still DID receive the email, about 6pm on a Friday, and saw the download notification within half an hour after that.
We'll there goes my guess... At some point the requirement changed for a different reason. No clue what the emails were for at this point.

Thanks for entertaining the thought.

Just confirm your score is also a sustained 98?
No I was 100 that dropped to 99 the day of the update. I was just commenting about the emails. I checked my junk folder etc, no email. My friend who was a 98 and got up to 99 the day of the update didn’t get it yet though. I’m following the 98 score stuff to update him when other 98s get it since he doesn’t participate in forums.

Great. I have to head to the LA area from San Diego in an hour. Nearly impossible to get a high score on the 405. Guess I’ll be doing the reboot game. Currently at 98.
If you just keep it on auto pilot for the entire trip you will get 100. In fact it will not ding you for three seconds after you disengage. So be sure to reengage as soon as possible if you have to disengage.

If you just keep it on auto pilot for the entire trip you will get 100. In fact it will not ding you for three seconds after you disengage. So be sure to reengage as soon as possible if you have to disengage.
Also you may want to do the trick of resetting before the car is in park.
Just pull over somewhere and don’t park and do a reset with your foot on the break pedal. Once it goes in the park scores are saved. Be sure to put it in park before you start the next trip if you want it to count.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: RabidYak