Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

.99% APR Financing Promotion (May 10 - May 31 2024)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my mY at the Devon PA location. Quite amazed at how many people were there in the middle of the afternoon to pick up vehicles. The staff at this location was very knowledgeable and helpful. For all the negative comments directed towards Tesla, I don't see it. The entire process from my initial $250 down payment was flawless. The only complaint I could possibly have would be in making the final payment through their Plaid system, my broker did not participate and needed to send a wire transfer, not a big deal. The car performed better than expected on its 130-mile journey home including a brief supercharger pit stop. Yes I was the guy standing by the port watching my phone like I was pumping gas. Woke up this morning to see my home charging rate was $0.17 per Kwh.

Congrats.

Are you saying to charge at home cost you 17 cents per kWh? That seems high. Have you looked into a Time of Use plan? My rate is more like 5 cents per kWh when charging at night.

Reactions: Stach
Congrats.

Are you saying to charge at home cost you 17 cents per kWh? That seems high. Have you looked into a Time of Use plan? My rate is more like 5 cents per kWh when charging at night.
Yes, my electric company Met Ed which is owned by First Energy does not have a time of day plan any longer. I still have the charging scheduled between the hours of 12am and 7am. The distribution charge is 0.059 and the generation charge is 0.082 which is actually $0.14 per kWh, but my Tesla app shows my home charge rate was $0.17. Thanks for your informative response.

Yes, my electric company Met Ed which is owned by First Energy does not have a time of day plan any longer. I still have the charging scheduled between the hours of 12am and 7am. The distribution charge is 0.059 and the generation charge is 0.082 which is actually $0.14 per kWh, but my Tesla app shows my home charge rate was $0.17. Thanks for your informative response.
Not sure if this helps, but the Tesla app is wrong for my power costs locally. I ended up putting a manual number in my app to get closer to my actual costs.

In MA - Eversource I pay a ridiculous
.1481 Supplier cost
+
.1667 Delivery Cost
for a total of .3148 per kWh

With zero discount for any off peak hours.
I believe it is in the top 3 states cost wise in the nation if you factor in the zero discount for off peak.

Tesla delivery centers definitely seem to be grossly understaffed currently. So far they have struggled with the trade offer - finally I had to accept it and then they could go back in and update the mileage and fix the equity amount based on the payoff I gave them already. Just simple care they could have done in the first place to get it correct. Then that was supposed to fix the gross errors on the finance portion - they assumed the entire value of the trade was a down payment on my new car, and said that would fix itself once I accepted the trade offer. It has not. Now I'm getting a note to schedule my delivery by tomorrow or they will "put my order on hold and release my car to the next customer". OK, well if you are expecting my final payment to be the number you're currently showing me, then that's fine with me. It's really quite something when it gets that close to delivery and they still can't fix some basic errors, which would be a major issue on my end. It's impossible to get anyone live, so emails and texts are waiting to be answered. I was looking to make a move for the financing offer, if they can't get that figured out on their end I'll just walk away.

Reactions: DBC-
Tesla delivery centers definitely seem to be grossly understaffed currently. So far they have struggled with the trade offer - finally I had to accept it and then they could go back in and update the mileage and fix the equity amount based on the payoff I gave them already. Just simple care they could have done in the first place to get it correct. Then that was supposed to fix the gross errors on the finance portion - they assumed the entire value of the trade was a down payment on my new car, and said that would fix itself once I accepted the trade offer. It has not. Now I'm getting a note to schedule my delivery by tomorrow or they will "put my order on hold and release my car to the next customer". OK, well if you are expecting my final payment to be the number you're currently showing me, then that's fine with me. It's really quite something when it gets that close to delivery and they still can't fix some basic errors, which would be a major issue on my end. It's impossible to get anyone live, so emails and texts are waiting to be answered. I was looking to make a move for the financing offer, if they can't get that figured out on their end I'll just walk away.

I'm still waiting on a finance decision. It's been three weeks. My mortgage didn't take this long and that was for a lot more than a MY LR. Same issue with being unable to get anyone on the phone and texts not being responded to.

Legally they or any lender for installment loans like a car loan have 30 calendar days to offer or deny financing. That extends to 60 days if a complaint is filed with a federal regulator. IANAL but did reference Cornell's online federal law listing and contacted people who know this better.

My wild guess is that Tesla underestimated how popular the 0.99% would be. A lot of people saw it, didn't read the fine print about the credit requirements and applied. But enough people ended up qualifying and accepting that it's costing a lot more money than originally budgeted. So now they're trying to do what's possible to get qualified buyers to walk away.

Look up the Hoover free flights promotion for a very poorly thought out sales promotion. This current situation is echoing that one to me.

I'm still waiting on a finance decision. It's been three weeks. My mortgage didn't take this long and that was for a lot more than a MY LR. Same issue with being unable to get anyone on the phone and texts not being responded to.

Legally they or any lender for installment loans like a car loan have 30 calendar days to offer or deny financing. That extends to 60 days if a complaint is filed with a federal regulator. IANAL but did reference Cornell's online federal law listing and contacted people who know this better.

My wild guess is that Tesla underestimated how popular the 0.99% would be. A lot of people saw it, didn't read the fine print about the credit requirements and applied. But enough people ended up qualifying and accepting that it's costing a lot more money than originally budgeted. So now they're trying to do what's possible to get qualified buyers to walk away.

Look up the Hoover free flights promotion for a very poorly thought out sales promotion. This current situation is echoing that one to me.
Yeah it’s been crazy. They definitely underestimated it from a support perspective anyway. I finally got someone on the phone at my local deliver center and they got mine almost completely fixed but still need to correct the down payment a bit. But at least they showed that they can easily adjust the amount financed once they take a few minutes to do so. I think I’m almost there.

Reactions: Royal27
Serious question, has anyone been able to select an inventory model from the Tesla app and confirm that they keep the .99% financing? Tesla rep says I can do it in the app but I am skeptical without finding a single data point of this here. From reading a few threads here, I've only heard of people doing this in person at a Tesla location if they talk to the right person. I would do that too, but the problem is that whenever I see something pop up on the app that fits my criteria (it has happened a few times), its gone within an hour. The likelihood that inventory that fits my criteria will pop up when I am physically present at the tesla location is pretty small.

I thought it was now a 1.99% carrot?
Correct.

* Promotional rate valid only on Model 3 Rear-Wheel Drive orders placed between June 6 to June 16, 2024 and is subject to credit approval. Promotional rate is 1.99% for 36 months and 2.99% for 48 and 60 months and may change or end at any time and without notice. Taxes and fees listed are estimates only, subject to change, and may not be accurate to you, depending on factors like your registration location, but will be confirmed for you closer to time of delivery. These are estimated monthly payments, available in most states. These estimates are subject to change and contingent on credit approval, term selected, available interest rates, and other factors. Your payments and rates may be higher. Additional charges such as tax, title, registration and other fees are due at signing. Financing is available in select states.

Don’t see promo rates for the MY anymore, at least in CA.

I've only heard of people doing this in person at a Tesla location if they talk to the right person.
You need to be connected to a knowledgeable SA that works at the store to help match you to the vehicle. I’ve always known one or two SA’s at our local store… friend of a friend in the community 😂

Reactions: Stach
Correct.

* Promotional rate valid only on Model 3 Rear-Wheel Drive orders placed between June 6 to June 16, 2024 and is subject to credit approval. Promotional rate is 1.99% for 36 months and 2.99% for 48 and 60 months and may change or end at any time and without notice. Taxes and fees listed are estimates only, subject to change, and may not be accurate to you, depending on factors like your registration location, but will be confirmed for you closer to time of delivery. These are estimated monthly payments, available in most states. These estimates are subject to change and contingent on credit approval, term selected, available interest rates, and other factors. Your payments and rates may be higher. Additional charges such as tax, title, registration and other fees are due at signing. Financing is available in select states.

Don’t see promo rates for the MY anymore, at least in CA.

You need to be connected to a knowledgeable SA that works at the store to help match you to the vehicle. I’ve always known one or two SA’s at our local store… friend of a friend in the community 😂

Sorry, i should have specified that I already have an order for a Model Y with the .99% financing because I ordered in May, as per the title of this thread. That was the promotional rate then, and that is the promotional rate I am trying to keep but I want to get my car earlier by selecting from available inventory. The Tesla advisor has said that I "should" get to keep that .99% if selecting inventory for early pickup because I placed my order before the end of that promotion, and suggested that I could do so in the app. I have yet to find a single person who has actually done this in app (ie, not in person), so that is what I'm trying to find out.

Sorry, i should have specified that I already have an order for a Model Y with the .99% financing because I ordered in May, as per the title of this thread. That was the promotional rate then, and that is the promotional rate I am trying to keep but I want to get my car earlier by selecting from available inventory. The Tesla advisor has said that I "should" get to keep that .99% if selecting inventory for early pickup because I placed my order before the end of that promotion, and suggested that I could do so in the app. I have yet to find a single person who has actually done this in app (ie, not in person), so that is what I'm trying to find out.
Can you not sign into the web store and go through the motions of selecting an inventory vehicle? It knows it is you but may well think you are wanting another vehicle on top of the one on order.

What does it put in front of you?

If it puts up more finance approval junk you know you should go through a sales person to set it up.

Inventory vehicles here all come with extra free fruit to get them moved on. I think you would struggle to swap in for a BTO of lesser spec.