Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Cybertruck Tow Competition...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that did not go as well as I thought it would. True it was an AWD but even taking that into account.

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...truck-awd-comparison.10043/page-2#post-204100

Recall the PR video results on the Tri-Beast.

O6P9RQe.jpeg

He had split the power unevenly between the axles, but I wonder if had he split 50-50 or just 100% to the rear axle what difference it might have made?
Pretty impressive, tho. The Diesel pickup weighed much more than the CT, which I had not expected.

He had split the power unevenly between the axles, but I wonder if had he split 50-50 or just 100% to the rear axle what difference it might have made?
Pretty impressive, tho. The Diesel pickup weighed much more than the CT, which I had not expected.
I think the biggest hindrance (other then weight) on the CT was suspension, notice how much the CT squatted and bounced around where the Ram was pretty calm and stable.

Also Tesla is not well known for stellar traction control…

Seeing the stock CT tires in person they are not a great loose dirt tire. They look like AT tires from the side but the tread pattern definitely was designed to help with range more than traction.
Most AT tires look like that these days. The conti terrain contact AT is one of the best AT tires out there right now. I’ve seen the CT tire in person, I drove one ~3 months ago when I got my email from Tesla to buy, that I turned down.

Attachments

• IMG_2036.jpeg
    IMG_2036.jpeg
    392.5 KB · Views: 7
I assume they meant the CB, which this wasn't, but still...we know it also can't tow a Porsche 911 faster than the 911 in the 1/4 mile, too.

The CB would certainly have been closer (it wouldn't win) and that was not a stock F350, it was custom built truck.
lol. Does seem the variables were a bit altered. As the MS is not a MSP, a CT is not a CB. Fun though.

I have these on my current Truck. Great traction in Rain and Snow. Decent traction in Mud.