Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A door button that can't be overlooked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How about one of these stickers for the emergency door handle?

ISO-7010-Warning-Safety-Label-LB-0253.gif
Mandatory-Action-Safety-Label-LB-0457.gif
Do-Not-Touch-Safety-Label-LB-0310.gif
ISO-7010-Safety-Label-LB-0469.gif

Or if you're in a funny mood:

Parts-Crush-ISO-7010-Safety-Label-LB-0279.gif
Poison-Warning-Safety-Label-LB-0443.gif
Electrocution-Safety-Label-LB-0012.gif

I've been sitting on this photoshop for awhile. I was inspired by the BMW i8 indicator on their car. Will at some point reach out to someone who cuts vinyl to print it out for me.

View attachment 335205

Given the size that would be nearly impossible to weed out the negative material from the vinyl. A sticker placed on top would be the best option.

Reactions: COM3
181012.083.JPG

Somebody save me from embarrassment. Here's my attempt with a white bit of bumper sticker and scissors. For my needs, this is the answer... I'd just like it to be cut nicer. Doesn't have to wrap. Bonus points for having a cut-out for the little light.

Did a test run, using some matte red vinyl I had laying around, to check the fit using the template. It looks like these basically lay right on top of the button without having to wrap around and fit well.

Lining them up wasn't too bad either since they have the cut out for the light and you can line them up using that. There does seem to be a tiny bit of black that shows around the light if you are looking really close.

I picked up a sheet of matte white vinyl, but will probably pick up a sheet of glossy white vinyl too to see which I like better.
The hobby store didn't have a green color that I liked in stock.
IMG-20181014-083835.jpg

MVIMG-20181014-082843.jpg

MVIMG-20181014-083806.jpg

On a whim, I decided to cut a version of kenriko's door buttons in red with the goal of making it more obvious. I'm hoping that it will prevent passengers from using the manual release and make it easier for me to explain how to open the door (press the red button). I used red to match the exterior color but I'm not convinced, and may redo it in a matte grey to match the dash trim.
I like it

Did a test run, using some matte red vinyl I had laying around, to check the fit using the template. It looks like these basically lay right on top of the button without having to wrap around and fit well.

Lining them up wasn't too bad either since they have the cut out for the light and you can line them up using that. There does seem to be a tiny bit of black that shows around the light if you are looking really close.
Now you have my attention! I also bought a roll of matte white (from Amazon). I don't have a cutter, so I was just going to keep making my own manually until I liked them. But I like your plan way, way better. Keep me posted for when you start mass production. :)

And for grins... what cutter do you have? And do you recommend it? I KNOW I'm gonna end up with one before this is all over...

But I like your plan way, way better. Keep me posted for when you start mass production. :)
And for grins... what cutter do you have? And do you recommend it? I KNOW I'm gonna end up with one before this is all over...

I'm planning on stopping at the hobby store (or 2) on the way home tonight. I'm going to pick up the glossy white and see if I can find a green that I like. I'll probably print off a page each of matte white and glossy white tonight (and green if I can find it). It's pretty easy to print off now that I made a template of just door switches.