Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A drive that dreams are made of...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me and the other half are spending our lockdown hours daring to dream of our next holiday. I said that with the miles I got from referral and uncertainty around aviation industry we should plan a road trip to somewhere in Europe.

Anybody have any big drives they recommend? Ideally from their own experience of doing them...

She’s not a big fan of going fast so nothing like the Nuremberg would be on the cards. Just hoping for breathtaking scenery and good food/culture.

Me and the other half are spending our lockdown hours daring to dream of our next holiday. I said that with the miles I got from referral and uncertainty around aviation industry we should plan a road trip to somewhere in Europe.

Anybody have any big drives they recommend? Ideally from their own experience of doing them...

She’s not a big fan of going fast so nothing like the Nuremberg would be on the cards. Just hoping for breathtaking scenery and good food/culture.

Ever since I started watching Bjorn Nyland's videos on YouTube, I've wanted to visit Norway. If travel restrictions don't prevent you from going there, I think you should look into it.

M3P8906,

Not an answer that will help you, but right now I would love to take my wife on a road trip up North to Harrogate, the Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors in our M3P once lockdown ends and before the summer gets too hot.

I went to Uni at Leeds and apart from one weekend in York in maybe 2002 I have failed miserably in my promise of over 20 years to take my wife and show her the attractions of Yorkshire: the place I said I wanted to move to once we had earned enough working in London and the South East. Beautiful countryside, amazing towns and cities, and great beer.

AJP

Reactions: Artiste
Wasn't feasible to bring our Tesla over from the US, but my wife and I had a great time a couple years ago doing a road trip that started with the "Romantic Road" in Germany. We started in Frankfurt, and drove South to Füssen with several stops along the way, then stayed in Halstadt Austria, over to Budapest, up to Prague, and back to Frankfurt. Great trip!

Wasn't feasible to bring our Tesla over from the US, but my wife and I had a great time a couple years ago doing a road trip that started with the "Romantic Road" in Germany. We started in Frankfurt, and drove South to Füssen with several stops along the way, then stayed in Halstadt Austria, over to Budapest, up to Prague, and back to Frankfurt. Great trip!

I took almost the same "romantic road" route (we returned the rental car in Prague then flew back to Holland) last year, unfortunately, my parents in law also joined the road trip so I didn't smell any romantic thing...I should do it again ONLY with my wife and our dog:mad:

Scotland’s north coast 500 sounds fab. There’s a company that sells a holiday for this route where they rent you a Tesla so it’s definitely doable and worth looking at, Fancy doing it myself one day. We have driven to Chamonix in our M3 LR (CIA Eurotunnel) and there’s lot of interesting places en route.

Reactions: John_L
Having driven and ridden all over Europe I can recommend the Black Forest in Germany for a first trip. Baden Baden is lovely with the hot springs and you must visit Heidelberg for the castle.

Have a look at the RIDE magazine website, it’s for bikers but they have some lovely routes that you can download. Gross Glockner is lovely and if you go to that part of the world then an absolute must is a visit to the Jungfrau Joch at the top of the Eiger

I had a trip to Berlin and then onto Poland and Slovakia this year but it’s now been cancelled:(

Last edited:
Ever since I started watching Bjorn Nyland's videos on YouTube, I've wanted to visit Norway. If travel restrictions don't prevent you from going there, I think you should look into it.
Norway is very very expensive. I went a few years ago, burger and chips at a roadside cafe was £12. The Atlantic road and the trollstigen are ok but imo not worth the drive, I won’t go again.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
Scotland’s north coast 500 sounds fab.

It's a great route of course ... but ... I would recommend that people take a little time to plan their own variations. There are fabulous roads in the highlands and there's some value in spreading the traffic. Take a while ... you gain more by spending some time in a couple of places rather than just driving past a lot of places. Now that many of us have time on our hands we can enjoy the planning... make your own discoveries. Take a look at the roads on Streetview to get a great idea of the lie of the land and road quality in particular areas.

It's a great route of course ... but ... I would recommend that people take a little time to plan their own variations. There are fabulous roads in the highlands and there's some value in spreading the traffic. Take a while ... you gain more by spending some time in a couple of places rather than just driving past a lot of places. Now that many of us have time on our hands we can enjoy the planning... make your own discoveries. Take a look at the roads on Streetview to get a great idea of the lie of the land and road quality in particular areas.
Don't forget your Charge Place Scotland RFid - there are no superchargers in that neck of the woods

Reactions: Adopado
View from the top of the Eiger
P1030920.JPG

Geiranger beach Norway to Dalsniba. Sea level to 1476m or 4042 feet, in 12 miles, 40 minutes.
With a stop at the Westeras lave kaffe, Westerås Gard, Geiranger, Norway an old barn converted into a resturant hanging off the side of the mountain, with a fantastic view of the fjord. The single track access road had everyone get out of the car and walk.. No one wanted to sit at the side of the car with the drop on that side. It was quite scary driving it!! But nothing to the gravel drive up to Dalsnibba. dalsnibba - Google Search