Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Model S from Santa

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Owing to the fact that I've been an extremely good boy this year I am hoping to be the proud new owner of a Model S this side of Christmas.

I'm doing my homework now and there's a few questions that I could do with answering.

Im in the market for a 2015 P85d. This will most likely come from Tesla CPO mainly due to the warranty.

I think I've got my head round most of the available options except the powered tailgate and auto present door handles.

Am I right in thinking that if it ain't got a Tech Pack then it will have neither of the above? Was the tailgate and handles part of another pack prior to a Tech Pack or were they standalone options?

The other question I can't find an answer to is cruise control.

Am I right to assume all Model S P85d will have 'normal' cruise control but AP1 equipped cars will have the traffic assist cruise which matches the speed of the car in front etc?

Thanks all!

Morning @Bonehead33

I believe that Auto Present handles are present on all Model S variants. The powered lift gate is only on vehicles with the tech package before it was made standard.

You assumption about AP is correct. Cars with no AP (or cars with the hardware but without the option paid for) will have “dumb” cruise, AP equipped cars which have AP paid for will have TACC and Autosteer.

If you want to talk through any other stuff, drop me a PM.
Happy shopping!