Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A record? Max Supercharger: +275 mph!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JoshG

Jun 23, 2011
Anyone been able to beat this?

370v @ 230A = +275 miles of range per hour! Yee-ha!

Just now at Tejon bay 1B (no one else here, all the power for me). :)

In last 24 hours, I've been at Gilroy, Harris, Tejon twice, Hawthorne twice. Never gotten above about 220 mph.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372041232.269777.jpg

That record didn't last long. Beat my own record at Harris Ranch just now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372049587.996289.jpg

285 miles/hr.

Again it's undoubtedly helped substantially by me being the only car in the bays now.

And yes, a moment of panic since many of the chargers ARE still down here tonight. The two bays on the right ( the ones you back into rather than the standard setup) ARE working. And fast as you see. One at the shell station must be working too as someone's using it.

Why are people looking at mi/hr? this # varies depending on your driving!

switch to kW then compare
at 30% SOC I saw 245A / 361v ~ 88.45 kW/hr which is > 300 mi/hr
I'm sure it was charging faster but this is the only time I happened to look at it and take a pic

the 300 mi/ hr above is only 86.7kW/hr
Because saying "300mph" just sounds so much cooler... :)

Cool, and all, but I want to know is this: how does that rate taper down as the battery approaches full? Anyone got a graph or a screen shot of this? 300 mph implies an empty 85 kWh battery will be full in about an hour, but I know from experience with other EVS that the charging rate tapers off greatly during the last 25% or so. Most of these examples represent an instantaneous "speed" at a given moment around about the half full mark. What does the charge rate display read when you get to the point where you're at 90%+ full (in extended mode) and are about to unplug and leave the Supercharger?

Meanwhile, I'm racing along here at home at 3 mph on Level 1. The 30-A Level 2 is at the office and the 100-A HPWC is in a box awaiting permits and the electrician.