Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A whirlwind Romance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today's the day!

My Tesla Model 3 Long Range is ready for collection today, from the Westfield Centre is West London. Excited, is not the word!

And it's all happened so quick!

I seriously thought about replacing my gas guzzler with an EV for the first time a few weeks ago. I'm retiring at the end of this month and thought this would be the perfect time to invest in lower cost motoring. I test drove a couple of vehicles, including a Hyundai Kona and the model 3. I though the Hyundai was a bit "korean" (the dash display is all over the place and it, maddeningly, plays a little tune when you switch it off! But worst of all it drove like a small cross over - which is what it is. By contrast, once I'd got over the sheer "alienness" of the Tesla, I fell in love. It drove like a road car should, handled well, braked reassuringly and was startlingly quick. I ride a Triumph Rocket 3, so I know what fast is like!

I was so enamoured with the Tesla by the end of my test drive, that I ordered one on the spot. "When would you like one, sir?" the young man said, to my surprise. I'd anticipated having to wait until May for delivery, but no, they had one in stock!

So, here I am, breathless with anticipation, buying fripperies for my new love and waiting to go and collect her and bring her home. Hopefully, this will be the start of a long and rewarding love afair - for me and my wife :-D

Congratulations. :)

I too ordered on the day of the test drive. I was already enamoured with the car, but the test drive took me over the edge. Going back to my i3 after that was like stepping back in time. Suddenly the "Traffic Jam Assist" that only works on motorways and only up to 35mph, and is dim witted and slow, felt like I was back on my ZX Spectrum :) Autopilot, by comparison, was a revelation.

Enjoy, and make sure you stay safe out there.

Let us know how you get on with your collection :)

EDIT: Maybe that is too harsh, the i3 is a great little car.

Today's the day!

My Tesla Model 3 Long Range is ready for collection today, from the Westfield Centre is West London. Excited, is not the word!

And it's all happened so quick!

I seriously thought about replacing my gas guzzler with an EV for the first time a few weeks ago. I'm retiring at the end of this month and thought this would be the perfect time to invest in lower cost motoring. I test drove a couple of vehicles, including a Hyundai Kona and the model 3. I though the Hyundai was a bit "korean" (the dash display is all over the place and it, maddeningly, plays a little tune when you switch it off! But worst of all it drove like a small cross over - which is what it is. By contrast, once I'd got over the sheer "alienness" of the Tesla, I fell in love. It drove like a road car should, handled well, braked reassuringly and was startlingly quick. I ride a Triumph Rocket 3, so I know what fast is like!

I was so enamoured with the Tesla by the end of my test drive, that I ordered one on the spot. "When would you like one, sir?" the young man said, to my surprise. I'd anticipated having to wait until May for delivery, but no, they had one in stock!

So, here I am, breathless with anticipation, buying fripperies for my new love and waiting to go and collect her and bring her home. Hopefully, this will be the start of a long and rewarding love afair - for me and my wife :-D
We test drove a long range which is what we’ve ordered. We only had a 650 Bonnie that had been ‘tuned’. That was quick but the LR would beat it every time and the big hand won’t even pluck you off the back!

I too ordered on the day of the test drive.

I took advantage of a test drive having responded to the invitation whilst admitting that though I had put money down in 2016 the M3 had ultimately ended up bigger and more expensive than I was anticipating... it wasn't going to be for me. They were still happy for me to test drive even though I had said I really wasn't likely to buy.

I had had a great interest in the development of the car and the innovations that Tesla were pursuing, so having paid my $1000 retainer I was delighted to at least have the opportunity to drive it. My wife was curious too because she had to put up with me talking about these Tesla EVs for the previous 3 years. When we experienced the car for real we were, of course, blown away! We were like excited children talking about it on the way home... but it would be ridiculous to think that we could own such a thing. Strangely enough it was my wife who "broke" first, revealing a chink in our armour by saying, "Do you think we could afford one?". Of course our order was in within 24hrs!

I took advantage of a test drive having responded to the invitation whilst admitting that though I had put money down in 2016 the M3 had ultimately ended up bigger and more expensive than I was anticipating... it wasn't going to be for me. They were still happy for me to test drive even though I had said I really wasn't likely to buy.

I had had a great interest in the development of the car and the innovations that Tesla were pursuing, so having paid my $1000 retainer I was delighted to at least have the opportunity to drive it. My wife was curious too because she had to put up with me talking about these Tesla EVs for the previous 3 years. When we experienced the car for real we were, of course, blown away! We were like excited children talking about it on the way home... but it would be ridiculous to think that we could own such a thing. Strangely enough it was my wife who "broke" first, revealing a chink in our armour by saying, "Do you think we could afford one?". Of course our order was in within 24hrs!
Odd that. It must be a Tesla thing. My wife is the cautious one and I’m the want it now one. After the test drive, she wanted it, I wasn’t sure. For the first time in over 40 years she had to talk me round!

Reactions: Adopado
To quote the song; "It must be love, love, love..."

Just got back from collecting my car. The train/tube journey across London was quiet, but otherwise uneventful. We arrived at the Tesla showroom at the Westfield Centre about an hour and a half early. This was my first visit and I totally over-estimated the travel time. But this wasn't a problem. A guy in the store, having checked that there wasn't anyone available to do my hand-over immediately told me where to find my car.

Down in the Shopping Centre's lower car park is a valet parking area with, dozens of Teslas in it! It took several miinutes to find mine! The only issue with my physical inspection was that the front number plate was loose. However, a technician fixed that while I was receiving my car hand-over, so no problems. Apart from that, the car was perfect. No defects, mis-aligned panels, nothing.

After a few minutes of checking over every panel and pane of glass, a young lady came and asked if she could help us. I explained that I was here to collect my car - this car - and she went of got someone to do the hand-over. The young guy was very good, he twigged quite quickly that I'd read the owner's manual and I mentioned that I'd had a test drive, so he stuck to the main highlights, such as setting up a driver's profile and easy-exit settings. After we'd been through everything, he asked if I wanted a familiarisation drive, but I was keen to get on the road. As a result I left with my car 30 minutes BEFORE my collection appointment :)

The reality of my Tesla is even better than the test drive. I took a safe route out of west london, up onto the A40 and then round the M25. I wasn't quite confident enough to cut across the City on my first drive. Eventually, I left the M25 and found some "twisties" which allowed me to start to push the car's capabilities, which are very, very good :-D

So, all in all, a really positive experience so far. Excellent service and a truely wonderful car. I'm definately in love!!