Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About time to unveil the D and something else

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just watching an older Teslive video and it jogged my memory about something a Elon said. What about that "thing" they were going to do for Roadster owners? Could that be the "something else" Elon mentioned in the Tweet? The rumoured larger battery pack with Supercharger access?

It is a "400 mile" battery pack (or thereabouts).

Elon stated at Teslive that Supercharger access was not possible for Roadster, and would not be offered.

About the only "flaw" in the current Model S is the range. It's less than almost all ICE cars. I'm guessing that "D" stands for distance and there will be available on new Model S and X, and hopefully as a retrofit, a battery that increase the range by 100-200 miles, maybe more.

If you look at the shadow on the right side of the car, there is a curvilinear part that I can't thing of anything *other* than the side mirror could make:

mirrors.png

I say elon & team know that we are smart, savy people on this fourm and they are teasing us even more by "leaking" this photo... #ConspiracyTheory

My initial thought as well, why would they badge a vehicle they're trying to keep secret, then send it out into the wild? Highly unlikely someone accidently taped a badge on it. OTOH, if the badge was inside the vehicle, it could have dislodged during acceleration and stamped through the aluminum...seems like a more plausible answer.

Agree! Look at the letter "P" and "D", apparently the "D" is just the PS of "P" then attached to the original photo.

My initial thought as well, why would they badge a vehicle they're trying to keep secret, then send it out into the wild? Highly unlikely someone accidently taped a badge on it. OTOH, if the badge was inside the vehicle, it could have dislodged during acceleration and stamped through the aluminum...seems like a more plausible answer.

If you look at the shadow on the right side of the car, there is a curvilinear part that I can't thing of anything *other* than the side mirror could make...

I think it may be a distorted (fun house mirror) view of some building off to the right ride of the car. From looking at pictures of the airport it looks like the car was parked next a fence besides some hangar buildings. It could be a very distorted reflection of something like this:
airport_030823-038_1.jpg

You can see pictures of various buildings around the airport here:
Inyokern Airport Kodiak Hangar
I think the P85D was off to the right (through the fence) of this picture:
airport_030823-011_1.jpg

Here is some exif data on the image
Camera:Apple iPhone 5s
Lens:iPhone 5s back camera 4.12mm f/2.2
Shot at 4.1 mm
Digital Zoom: 1.663043478×
Exposure:Auto exposure, Program AE, [SUP]1[/SUP]/2,415 sec, f/2.2, ISO 40
Flash:Auto, Did not fire
Date:September 19, 2014 3:08:30PM (timezone not specified)
(13 days, 8 hours, 37 minutes, 22 seconds ago, assuming image timezone of US Pacific)
File:2,448 × 3,264 JPEG (8.0 megapixels)

And where is the edit button when you need one? *sight*.. I bit more clean..

Camera: Apple iPhone 5s
Lens: iPhone 5s back camera 4.12mm f/2.2
Shot at: 4.1mm
Digital Zoom: 1.663043478x
Exposure: Auto exposure
No flash
Date the image was created on the posters computer: September 19, 2014 3.08:30PM (Unknown timezone), that is about 14 days ago
Size: 8 megapixels