Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About time to unveil the D and something else

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We will be attending the Tesla event in Hawthorne tomorrow! We are Sig X res #853. We can't wait! We will be driving down I5 from Grass Valley, CA. This will be our first trip to LA in our MS85. Our question is can we make a round trip from Tejon SC to Hawthorne and back to Tejon SC on one full charge? Thanks for your input. We look forward to an awesome event!

You will make it, EV trip planner calculates you will use 204 rated miles roundtrip so I would charge to around 240-245 & not wait around for a max charge.

But eventually they need to show it, yes? And it makes sense to roll it in with another announcement, rather than a separate event. They'll still (likely) have the equivalent of the Get Amped test drives that they held around the country and in the EU for the Model S. But since some vehicles will be delivered prior to that, they need to show the updated model soon. Do you have a better time for them to show it?

What I would love to see is Elon on stage with a production Model X, saying "Is Bonnie in the audience? I have a fob for you..."

Tesla's hype for the 6.0 firmware, the long drawn out anticipation buildup and then letdown once it was released, was a good lesson. That experience has appropriately calibrated my expectations (though clearly not many others') for tomorrow's D event.

Has this been displayed before (from the Model X page)? I haven't seen it.

Notice the much smaller motor on the front axle? Looks to be about 1/3 the size of the main motor, which confirms my suspicion that they're going with a much smaller motor for traction and handling over added performance.

I'd have to assume the Model S-D has the same configuration.

Also appears that there is no second inverter.

attachment.php?attachmentid=61007&stc=1&d=1412808201.jpg

Attachments

• mx.jpg
    mx.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 715
Notice the much smaller motor on the front axle? Looks to be about 1/3 the size of the main motor, which confirms my suspicion that they're going with a much smaller motor for traction and handling over added performance.

Added traction is added performance including acceleration in this case.

A current Model 85 does not have enough traction to take advantage of all the power.

Traction control is there to prevent wheels from spinning.

He screws up traffic in DC all the time.

BTW tax payer speak:

YAPFHV = You Are Paying For His Vacation
WHLKH = When He Lands Keep Him

I hope they race the Model X and the P85D against a Bugatti Veyron and leave that 1200 Hp beast in the starting Pit.

Please keep politics out of this thread and also look up how much vacation various recent presidents have had and what it means for a president to go on vacation (they never really are).