Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About time to unveil the D and something else

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Under 3 seconds to 60?

Are you kidding me?? One would need a neck brace for crying out loud. Like the old 280ZX commercial...you will never go 150 MPH BUT AT LEAST YOU KNOW YOU CAN!

- - - Updated - - -

Are you kidding me?? One would need a neck brace for crying out loud. Like the old 280ZX commercial...you will never go 150 MPH BUT AT LEAST YOU KNOW YOU CAN!

Any word on the pricing for the P85D? Can't imagine less than 150 K. How many of these is Tesla actually going to sell?

as dual motors is standard on the MX and we already know around what the pricing is going to be, I would expect the dual motor version of the model S only to be around a $5-$8k option. not another $50k....who do you think they are? saleen? LOL

Meh. Well, 3.2 is amazing, yay for supercar, I guess, but far outside of the price range of even most luxury car buyers so it doesn't excite me much. Better high end margins I suppose.

The safety features are more interesting to me. I'm curious where regulations and testing come in on things like this (across various countries). Can Tesla just release software or does it have to prove it's functionality somehow? Even if Tesla does it well, I don't want people getting killed as the beta testers to find out there are major problems in some other vendor's implementation.

Really wish I'd waited a couple years to buy my Tesla. I'd debated it back in the day. I know tech advances, but man, the first 2 years of model S are majorly obsoleted and have got to take a huge hit on resale from this. I'd have gotten more for my money (and had way more money from TSLA) had I waited. Oh well, water under the bridge.

Meh. Well, 3.2 is amazing, yay for supercar, I guess, but far outside of the price range of even most luxury car buyers so it doesn't excite me much. Better high end margins I suppose.

The safety features are more interesting to me. I'm curious where regulations and testing come in on things like this (across various countries). Can Tesla just release software or does it have to prove it's functionality somehow? Even if Tesla does it well, I don't want people getting killed as the beta testers to find out there are major problems in some other vendor's implementation.

Really wish I'd waited a couple years to buy my Tesla. I'd debated it back in the day. I know tech advances, but man, the first 2 years of model S are majorly obsoleted and have got to take a huge hit on resale from this. I'd have gotten more for my money (and had way more money from TSLA) had I waited. Oh well, water under the bridge.
Did they mention a price?

Spy shot of Elon's dog caught during the 3.2 sec 0-60 test runs.

dogspeedindicator.jpg

Last edited:
Getting the D into the performance range of the Roadster will be very interesting.

One reason I am happy without the P (as a former Roadster owner) was the feel was not the same as the Roadster off the line.
Am excited to get a D loaner to test the acceleration. Worth $20K???

Not yet. An extra motor can't be cheap though, plus the normal high end performance gouging. The P is an extra $10k and I'd guess the PD is at least another $10k on top of that, minimum.