Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost £1.5k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t think Tesla lists the difference in HP terms. It most definitely be quite a lot given the mechanical effort involved in making a 4.4 second 0-60 car do it in 3.7. The power requirement is not linear.

Intuitively it must be at least 50bhp, I can’t see it being less than that.

Reactions: Jez_GB
I don’t think Tesla lists the difference in HP terms. It most definitely be quite a lot given the mechanical effort involved in making a 4.4 second 0-60 car do it in 3.7. The power requirement is not linear.

It's an interesting question. Given the lack of significant difference at mid/high speeds I would speculate that there may not be very much total horsepower difference but that it's the different mapping that is allowing more of the peak to be available from launch.

Reactions: Drew57

I understand the LR is 4.2 not 4.4 to 60, so a 0.5 second improvement to 60mph.

Reactions: Durzel
Tried this today.

After installing it didn't seem to pull as hard as standard even from a standing start. I could hear a bit more motor whine and it was if it was a more steady acceleration rather than an instant bang that makes your stomach go.

Let the car sleep for a while then tried it again. Was much better but can't say I really noticed barely any difference in the initial kick, so requested the refund. Certainly not worth £1.5k.

Tried this today.

After installing it didn't seem to pull as hard as standard even from a standing start. I could hear a bit more motor whine and it was if it was a more steady acceleration rather than an instant bang that makes your stomach go.

That doesn't make sense. It is faster 0-60mph and also from a roll. For me the difference was clear whether from a stop or mashing the pedal whilst rolling. What was your state of charge and what were the weather conditions like?

Tried this today.

Let the car sleep for a while then tried it again. Was much better but can't say I really noticed barely any difference in the initial kick, so requested the refund. Certainly not worth £1.5k.
Something seems odd there.See how the car drives and behaves without the acceleration boost and compare it.

I bought the upgrade expecting to likely refund before the 48hr trial window expired but I really like it - it’s obviously not going to completely transform an already fast car but I definitely notice it feels ‘punchier’ in general, mostly at the low end but that translates into a really enjoyable experience from a standing start as well as normal day to day driving

That doesn't make sense. It is faster 0-60mph and also from a roll. For me the difference was clear whether from a stop or mashing the pedal whilst rolling. What was your state of charge and what were the weather conditions like?
SoC was 90%-70% when I tested it, weather was dry 15°C.

I drove it 25 miles, parked for a couple of hours then drove back. It seemed strange to me too. The car drove pretty much identical to before. The Service section clearly showed Acceleration Boost in the installed packages shortly after purchasing.

The motor whine was more noticeable when flooring it, and it probably pulled harder once 5 mins after starting out, and again when I got back. I had a passenger the other times, but that has never been an issue before when flooring it to show people.

I hope you changed driving mode to Sport as it seems strange that you didn’t really notice the change. Off the line it feels pretty much the same as before but accelerating above 10-15moh it pushes your head back far more dramatically & is almost indistinguishable from the Performance model…it’s really useful for safe overtaking.

Reactions: btc1k