Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I said in my post, acceleration boost doesn’t appear on the screen as an installed update, therefore no option with I (information).
How long ago did you purchase it? If you just bought you may need to do a reboot for it to show up. Also does it show up as purchased in the App under Upgrades: Purchased? Also I believe you should have Chill - Sport as the choses. Standard should no longer be available.

IMG_5527.png

How long ago did you purchase it? If you just bought you may need to do a reboot for it to show up. Also does it show up as purchased in the App under Upgrades: Purchased? Also I believe you should have Chill - Sport as the choses. Standard should no longer be available.

View attachment 599457
I'm not sure if you're understanding my earlier posts - I already said I purchased in May (ie 5 months ago) and mentioned it appears in the app (ie under Purchased). I also said that in Europe we do not have anything showing on screen except the change from to 'Sport' (...my mistake in saying Standard-Sport, yes it is Chill-Sport, apologies) no matter where else we look.

Nowhere in our Model 3s shows the purchased upgrade except in the phone app (my boost upgrade shows exactly as per your screenshot except date of course).

Once it was explained to me that in the USA (maybe other non-Europe markets) you can see the Acceleration Boost as a purchased upgrade under Additional Vehicle Information, I have accepted that I will not be able to see 0-60 listed anywhere as it doesn't appear on mine.

The car software displays slightly differently to what you have even though I am currently on 2020.40.4 - strange but there you are.

Maybe it's because Autopilot/EAP/FSD features are restricted by European regulation & we also use an EU not USA Tesla Manual (...I have also been driving an FSD Model X & a couple of Model S in CA/ID US States since 2017 so I know how much we are missing!)

• Helpful
Reactions: Gordon87
I'm not sure if you're understanding my earlier posts - I already said I purchased in May (ie 5 months ago) and mentioned it appears in the app (ie under Purchased). I also said that in Europe we do not have anything showing on screen except the change from to 'Sport' (...my mistake in saying Standard-Sport, yes it is Chill-Sport, apologies) no matter where else we look.

Nowhere in our Model 3s shows the purchased upgrade except in the phone app (my boost upgrade shows exactly as per your screenshot except date of course).

Once it was explained to me that in the USA (maybe other non-Europe markets) you can see the Acceleration Boost as a purchased upgrade under Additional Vehicle Information, I have accepted that I will not be able to see 0-60 listed anywhere as it doesn't appear on mine.

The car software displays slightly differently to what you have even though I am currently on 2020.40.4 - strange but there you are.

Maybe it's because Autopilot/EAP/FSD features are restricted by European regulation & we also use an EU not USA Tesla Manual (...I have also been driving an FSD Model X & a couple of Model S in CA/ID US States since 2017 so I know how much we are missing!)

I’m in the US and I also cannot see it on my software screen. Got the car in June 2020 and purchased the boost in July. All I see on my screen is autopilot and premium connectivity. No acceleration boost, even though I have chill/sport driving modes.

Software is 2020.40.4

• Informative
Reactions: Drew57
... I'm sure you have boost if the app shows purchased & driving profile changed to Chill-Sport. Mine was immediately more lively from around 20mph & upwards once I added it.

Maybe only people who have also purchased FSD can see this in the upgrade list & the rest of us just show Autopilot/Premium Connectivity.

... I'm sure you have boost if the app shows purchased & driving profile changed to Chill-Sport. Mine was immediately more lively from around 20mph & upwards once I added it.

Maybe only people who have also purchased FSD can see this in the upgrade list & the rest of us just show Autopilot/Premium Connectivity.

in Europe, I see what was posted above. I purchased accel boost on 31/12/2019 and I have It under software, included package with 3,9 to 100km/u which before was 4,1 to 100km/u .... strange....

in Europe, I see what was posted above. I purchased accel boost on 31/12/2019 and I have It under software, included package with 3,9 to 100km/u which before was 4,1 to 100km/u .... strange....

Without any changes in the car, this is indeed strange...
I can only think that this applies to the 2021 refresh and they have not updated the app properly to differentiate between the "old" and new version

I can only think that this applies to the 2021 refresh and they have not updated the app properly to differentiate between the "old" and new version

I picked up my car in mid September and bought the boost upgrade about a week after. My car now says 0-60 in 3.7 in the info section of the upgrades in the car. Either they updated the motors prior, or this is simply updating what we all knew, it's faster than advertised.

Reactions: JanG007

Nothing strange at all, it applies to all cars with the boost and is simply a more honest reflection of the actual no-rollout times....ditto the non-boosted AWD time being changed to 4.2.

As we know, even pre-2021, the "real" times for AWD cars were 3.9 NO boost, and 3.5 with boost, using 1 foot rollout like they do for the P.

Changing gears slightly, but does anyone have accurate dyno numbers with boost? I've seen some wild claims about 600ft lbs of tq, but nothing that seems reliable. I was wondering if anyone has used "scan my tesla" or something of the like to verify the power output compared to the P. Or better yet, real dyno numbers. :)

Changing gears slightly, but does anyone have accurate dyno numbers with boost? I've seen some wild claims about 600ft lbs of tq, but nothing that seems reliable. I was wondering if anyone has used "scan my tesla" or something of the like to verify the power output compared to the P. Or better yet, real dyno numbers. :)

Check this one out
Model 3 AWD+ (Acceleration Boost) tested from 0-160 km/h - Peak power up 11%, Peak torque up 12%, 0-60 mph in 3.78s : teslamotors