Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me > History > 0-60 > Click on the run > Take screenshot
Thanks, I only did 1 run and only up to about 45mph. So I really only have a 0-30 time. Don't see on my History nor is there a 0-60. Will this show up after I do my first 0-60 run?

IMG_3132.jpeg

OK, I have Chill, Sport, and there's a red underline under the Dual Motor on the app and on the splash screen. I think I'll stop asking questions now : )

I think I may also have a second unicorn. Took delivery of AWD, non-performance model with the aero wheels in September 2018. I decided to look into adding the performance upgrade. Not seeing an upgrade option on either the Tesla site or on the app, I started reading this thread. I am seeing the same thing as @dgo3. Red underlined 'Dual Motor' on the app, Chill and Sport driving modes. I don't know about the splash screen.

Funny thing is Tesla applied the red underlined performance Dual Motor badge when I took it in. I didn't think anything of it at the time; I figured they made a mistake.

It always felt like my car was faster than indicated by the stats. But I figured it was my imagination. Now I'm thinking I really do have a stealth performance model.

Feeling very fortunate!

I think I may also have a second unicorn. Took delivery of AWD, non-performance model with the aero wheels in September 2018. I decided to look into adding the performance upgrade. Not seeing an upgrade option on either the Tesla site or on the app, I started reading this thread. I am seeing the same thing as @dgo3. Red underlined 'Dual Motor' on the app, Chill and Sport driving modes. I don't know about the splash screen.

Funny thing is Tesla applied the red underlined performance Dual Motor badge when I took it in. I didn't think anything of it at the time; I figured they made a mistake.

It always felt like my car was faster than indicated by the stats. But I figured it was my imagination. Now I'm thinking I really do have a stealth performance model.

Feeling very fortunate!

You are a very lucky man.

Feeling very fortunate!

Wow that is awesome! I got mine in Sept of '18 as well. Back when I was getting ins, I thought maybe I had a unicorn because my vin was coming back as a performance from some of the ins companies, but unfortunately it was not the case.

On my way home Getting onto the HOV ramp with a slight decline (2.42%) and only 24% SoC. Looks like it must be upgraded to get a sub 4s with a 24% SoC (even with slight decline).

Then I Supercharged to Almost 80% and went out but could not find a spot without near bumper to bumper traffic that was safe and flat. How do you guys who live in cities do it (anyone in Atlanta [ITP] have any suggestions???)? I need the road to be safe, flat and not packed with traffic. If not raining I'm going to try before 6AM in the morning. If I get going early enough may try charging to 90% if the Supercharger will let me (always seems to say "High Use").

IMG_3134.jpeg

Feeling very fortunate!
Indeed... you and the previous poster simply have the real 'Stealth Performance' Model 3s. All the other ones scattered throughout the fora are just vanilla Performance cars with odd trim artifacts (say 19s, non-Perf brakes, etc.)

Well that makes me feel a lot better about not getting a Stealth. I personally have to have the white interior. I love it compared to the black interior, and I personally value the interior appearance more than another 1/2 sec of acceleration on a car that can already walk just about anything on the road.

But I have to admit, after watching a YouTube video today of a Stealth walking on the AWD+, it initially made me feel like picking up the phone to call Tesla and tell them I will pay whatever it costs to trade in my AWD for a Stealth or Performance.

But then I remembered that the X and S Performance will walk all over the M3 Stealth and Performance. So I would feel pretty stupid paying for that upgrade just to get walked by a mom driving an SUV.

I'll stick with my AWD and be very happy.

This right here I think just finally got me to stop trying to kick myself for not waiting for a stealth. I love the white interior even though I never would have thought I would have and you are right... Need to remember even the awd boosted is under 4 sec 0 to 60... Not many cars on the road can even compete lol at least not around me!!

Okay I opted to skip the GoPro footage as it wasn't a very good angle and also I didn't record the one race I wanted to due to me turning the camera off to save battery during track delays and forgetting to turn it back on. So the best I have is some Teslacam footage, though even that kind of sucks because of the way there's a few second's missed between clips and that transition just happened to be right in the middle of a drag race. Next time I'll have another GoPro angled back and do it proper. Anyways, here's better than nothing...

Okay I opted to skip the GoPro footage as it wasn't a very good angle and also I didn't record the one race I wanted to due to me turning the camera off to save battery during track delays and forgetting to turn it back on. So the best I have is some Teslacam footage, though even that kind of sucks because of the way there's a few second's missed between clips and that transition just happened to be right in the middle of a drag race. Next time I'll have another GoPro angled back and do it proper. Anyways, here's better than nothing...

Props for the song AND syncing the chorus with your launch :D

Supercharged to 90% and headed out at 5:30am (Sat). Still had a lot of traffic and a lot of trouble finding a safe spot. Got my first Valid and headed back home. Pulled into the parking spot and had this???????
IMG_3156.jpeg

Then went back out and managed this despite the fact that a car turn onto the road and I may have let off (at least some) right before 60mph. This is about 85% SoC.
IMG_3157.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: mrau
Supercharged to 90% and headed out at 5:30am (Sat). Still had a lot of traffic and a lot of trouble finding a safe spot. Got my first Valid and headed back home. Pulled into the parking spot and had this???????
View attachment 501699
Then went back out and managed this despite the fact that a car turn onto the road and I may have let off (at least some) right before 60mph. This is about 85% SoC.
View attachment 501700
Well, it seems like you did get the boost. What I find odd is that, after more than a week, at all hours of the day, you struggle to find a decent patch of "flat" road to do the test to satisfy your curiosity. Even with a 1.70% incline, you managed a 3.6s (w/roll out) 0-60.

Well, it seems like you did get the boost. What I find odd is that, after more than a week, at all hours of the day, you struggle to find a decent patch of "flat" road to do the test to satisfy your curiosity. Even with a 1.70% incline, you managed a 3.6s (w/roll out) 0-60.
I did manage to get in one other valid run but it had an incline of 4.78% (seems like that should void it but....) but only 4.07/3.78(1').

The problem is I live in the center (midtown/Atlantic Station) and Atlanta is the "poster child for urban sprawl". So it is miles and miles and miles for 360º. Also we have some of the worst traffic in the country. Although this has improved GREATLY from always being 2ed behind LA. Plus I don't want to drive dangerously and in traffic. Add to that rolling hills and lots of randomly laid out roads and it's not easy finding a good spot. If anyone from Atlanta (ITP) knows of any good roads (also ITP) that meet my criteria please post them.

IMG_3182.jpeg

Last edited:
I did manage to get in one other valid run but it had an incline of 4.78% (seems like that should void it but....) but only 4.07/3.78(1').

The problem is I live in the center (midtown/Atlantic Station) and Atlanta is the "poster child for urban sprawl". So it is miles and miles and miles for 360º. Also we have some of the worst traffic in the country. Although this has improved GREATLY from always being 2ed behind LA. Plus I don't want to drive dangerously and in traffic. Add to that rolling hills and lots of randomly laid out roads and it's not easy finding a good spot. If anyone from Atlanta (ITP) knows of any good roads (also ITP) that meet my criteria please post them.

View attachment 501853
I’d look at I20, heading away from the connector in either direction. Probably eastbound.

Reactions: JulienW
Yea it was pretty cold this morning in ATL at about 26ºF. Drove to work and it sat outside. About 11AM I drove and was still below 40ºF. Also only at about 45% SoC and only managed 4.08S 0-60. Did have the "snowflake" icon on the way to work.