Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You remember $2K and it will never be discounted again? Now it is.

...you're not making much sense here...

Are you trying to claim FSD is $2000 again?

Were you not the one who claimed there was different hardware for the P and the AWD can't go to a P level or am I mistaken?

Yeah you seem pretty confused about several things.

The P and AWD had the same hardware (drivetrain wise anyway) in 2018....and some did in early 2019.

The AWD has had a different rear drive unit since early-ish 2019 though.

Though I'm not clear what that has to do with pricing?

If i had no warranty on my car now it would be at full P level today at no charge. It's a click in the software as I have said long ago.

How are you accessing Teslas internal software like that (on a newer Tesla- not one of the more ancient early ones folks have rooted fairly easily), including insuring when it phones home there's no issue with your config not matching what the back end says you should have?

From Electrik. AWD, AWD+ and AWD P

BD2DBF9B-34B4-4A50-BE7F-83D955023473.png

Runs for the AWD+

17A4B7B4-0FED-476E-B88C-CAC8D3D7716B.png

https://ww.electrek.co/2019/12/19/t...ost-tested-0-60-in-3-8-more-power-and-torque/

Is it safe to assume since all the additional power comes from the front motor the AWD did get the reject rear drive units?

Edit: No way I will buy this with the winter tires currently on my car. On the other hand since the additional power is in the front perhaps tire wear will be more even.

Last edited:
this is not the case. It still hooks faaaaar better than an ICE car. Every single run I’ve done on my AWD in the past year has been faster than the best 0-60 run of my old C7Z07. I did the boost. It hooked in the snow last night. This is a non issue.

I would have to concur. Have not had any traction issues whatsoever since turning AWD+. Perhaps some owners should be checking their tire tread's now that we're pushing nearly 500 hp from the battery? :)

That guy has a freak car. Most others are about 0.2 sec slower.

In all honesty, I don't think my car is that special. I have a few weight reduction "mods" (slightly lighter wheels, rear rotors and 12v battery) but that's it. I am OCD when it comes to testing properly thanks to others on these forums. I always go to the same area with a good surface, always charged up to a high SoC, always a level surface with between 0.0 and -1.0% slope, always take out all loose items in the car, and I'm not a heavyweight at 180 lbs. I usually do half a dozen runs or so then post the best one. I think you will find many people reporting times on the internet or on Dragy probably do not go to these lengths and that's a contributing factor.

Last edited:
Can someone explain how torque in the Performance is still slightly higher throughout higher speeds on this chart compared to the LR AWD with the acceleration upgrade (yellow) , but horsepower looks like it ends up being even between the two cars at higher speeds?

In the ICE world if one car had more torque than another car at a given rpm, it would show more horsepower at that rpm...

Attachments

• 1 - HXvhWVx.png
    131.8 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: Zoomit
I guess:
Is probably Tesla not adding additional extra power to the rear motor (all the juice is added to the front) , only to include ALL LR AWD owners ? (both 990 and 980 motors).
Say that 990 is already maxed out , but Tesla wants to include 100% LR AWD owners to the potential buyes of the Boost upgrade.

Last edited:
Reactions: diamond.g
....and give them only half of the bump for the same price! :p
I hope they bump the performance again for the AWD+ in future free upgrades for those that bought it. Maybe this eventually goes to P- numbers. P- should really be a after purchase upgrade for AWD anyway, the amount of time “searching” for P- with employees has to be a huge waste of time.