Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the ACC Boost, winter here so haven't tried it fully. P was not an option for me since i need the tow hook, otherwise, well, i would have gotten it :)

One thing i do want as an upgrade is the ability to get track mode on the LR so i could have at least a bit of fun in the winter :) Anyone else thought of that?

Reactions: pers1 and Vaillant
Apologies if this has been asked before - couldn't find a straight answer here.

We are going to be taking delivery soon of a LR AWD and I wanted to get the AB.

My question here is kind of two fold

First - how long after I receive the car willl I be able to purchase this?

Second - other than the "get off", are there any handling/suspension changes to sport mode? I ask because I am trying to figure out how much difference my wife will notice (if any). I fear if it's too different she will ask to "go back" if there is a period between when we get the car and can purchase the upgrade.

Apologies if this has been asked before - couldn't find a straight answer here.

We are going to be taking delivery soon of a LR AWD and I wanted to get the AB.

My question here is kind of two fold

First - how long after I receive the car willl I be able to purchase this?

Second - other than the "get off", are there any handling/suspension changes to sport mode? I ask because I am trying to figure out how much difference my wife will notice (if any). I fear if it's too different she will ask to "go back" if there is a period between when we get the car and can purchase the upgrade.

As soon as your phone app is active you will be able to see Acceleration Boost under Upgrades.

There are no other changes to the car. Your app will show Boost under Upgrades ‘Purchased’ and Driving options change from Chill/Standard to Chill/Sport.

Why not chill/std/sport??? That way, the car would drive exactly the same as pre-AP, and only accelerate quicker in sport mode. With only sport, my wife would feel the accelerator pedal is more aggressive, which would be a deal-breaker for her (and no, she doesn't like chill mode, in case she needs to accelerate quickly). I'd think about adding it, for the few times I drive the car, but only if it was undetectable by my wife :). Oh, and separate RWD-only mode would be great too.

Why not chill/std/sport??? That way, the car would drive exactly the same as pre-AP, and only accelerate quicker in sport mode. With only sport, my wife would feel the accelerator pedal is more aggressive, which would be a deal-breaker for her (and no, she doesn't like chill mode, in case she needs to accelerate quickly). I'd think about adding it, for the few times I drive the car, but only if it was undetectable by my wife :). Oh, and separate RWD-only mode would be great too.

Just buy it as soon as you pick it up and don't tell her. She'll never know.

Just buy it as soon as you pick it up and don't tell her.
Problem is I bought it December 29, so she'd probably notice. Ha ha. I'd like to drive one first, since Tesla doesn't allow you to give it a 'test drive' first anymore. I'm sure my wife would take issue with the fact is already quite fast if needed, and she's still getting used to the mandatory (for 2021) high regen mode, so if anything made the accelerator pedal more touchy, she'd probably notice.

By the way, they shouldn't restrict when to buy it; I'm sure it can be done at any time. There's no reason to restrict it, and same thing with FSD. My fear of any such 'upgrade' is I've read that Tesla can delete them from future owners, which should be illegal.

.... if anything made the accelerator pedal more touchy, she'd probably notice.

By the way, they shouldn't restrict when to buy it; I'm sure it can be done at any time. There's no reason to restrict it, and same thing with FSD. My fear of any such 'upgrade' is I've read that Tesla can delete them from future owners, which should be illegal.
It is NOT "more touchy". It only accelerates faster if you nearly floor it. If she feels it is too touchy now then you can set it to Chill Mode for her profile.

Also Tesla does't remove any features if you sell or give the car away. If you trade it in to Tesla then Tesla owns the car and can remove or not remove and will have nothing to do with you.

• Informative
Reactions: danarcha
No, and I don't think there will ever be any kind of sales on software. The recent EAP one wasn't technically a sale, as it was packaged differently as a promotion to get most of the features of FSD. Yet, it was not a sale on FSD.

FWIW there was an actual sale on FSD in early 2019.

It was widely acknowledged, including by Elon, to be a mistake they would not repeat and was killed after about 10 days.

Despite that people seem to keep thinking there's gonna be more sales any day now on SW.

• Informative
Reactions: P-Lo801
It is NOT "more touchy". It only accelerates faster if you nearly floor it. If she feels it is too touchy now then you can set it to Chill Mode for her profile.
Also Tesla does't remove any features if you sell or give the car away. If you trade it in to Tesla then Tesla owns the car and can remove or not remove and will have nothing to do with you.
Good to hear. Mapping is fine for her, but she doesn't want it any more aggressive. And no, she doesn't like chill mode.
And I've read of several cases where used Tesla buyers bought cars with documented FSD, but Tesla removed it, hence my comment.

...And I've read of several cases where used Tesla buyers bought cars with documented FSD, but Tesla removed it, hence my comment.
[fuzzy]If my memory is correct (and that can be a stretch) seem to remember a couple of "edge" cases where cars were traded in to Tesla and then Tesla removed FSD and sold them (maybe to an auction house). It was bought by a 3ed party used car dealer and then sold using the original info and as having FSD even though it had been removed by Tesla.[/fuzzy]