Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration boost thoughts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When the price difference between MY LR and MYP was $10k - $2k Boost was no brainer.
Now I would get MYP. You get a lot for $4k difference.
And I do not think Acceleration Boost will get faster, then there is no point to get MYP.
The difference in acceleration already is not that huge for average Joe.
For true fans MYP will always be much much faster :) then MY LR with AB.

Reactions: Noahmy
That makes more sense, I wasnt thinking about the old price gap between the two. I took advantage of the 7500 discount from Tesla but they only had the long range and not the myp in my area. I probably wouldn't even really use it since I have a 2 month old but apart of me would just like just having the capability to punch it lol.

If you got the $ it’s seat of the pants fun.
But yeah I sit and wonder hmm… why didn’t you just get the MYP?? I skipped it due to suspension drop and I could hear members of my family complaining about ride height.

I traded it for complaints about “why are your seats white?!?” And “you do everything on this screen?” lol. They shut up when you punch it.

in the entire time that acceleration boost has been available (even with the model 3's), i don't recall hearing that the amount of improvement changes.

that being said, to me, acceleration boost is only part of the equation. the suspension also plays a role, too. I like the stability (especially for an SUV/crossover) that the model Y performance has when cornering or exiting/entering a very curvy on/off ramp for a highway when no one else is in front of you. It's like the model 3 (which a much lower center of gravity).

unfortunately, i haven't been able to push it, since the times i test drove the model Y Performance has been when it's been very rainy or sleeting. and it's still very cold (ie - freezing temps) and i'm not stupid/that skilled.

i wish i didn't have the 21" rims with the extremely limited tire selection and easy curbing, though.

i wish i didn't have the 21" rims with the extremely limited tire selection and easy curbing, though.
You can safely go wider on your next set of tires which will add comfort and regain curb protection, 275/35 and 295/35 are ideal if staying with stock ubers.

Also, be careful of the compound of your tires. If you have the Pzero summer tires (or any other summer tires), they harden and can crack at 45F. The warranty on them will also be void if used in that temp, etc etc.

Now you can turn your soccer mom car into a respectable whip.

Is the acceleration boost upgrade available on the Austin built Standard Range Dual Motor Model Y?

There is no such thing as a MYSR from Austin.

You may mean the MYAWD from Austin, which seemingly does have AB, however it's working from a slightly slower platform, and at one point wasn't available - they kinda were not thinking of it when they built that thing.

There is no such thing as a MYSR from Austin.

You may mean the MYAWD from Austin, which seemingly does have AB, however it's working from a slightly slower platform, and at one point wasn't available - they kinda were not thinking of it when they built that thing.
The energy density of those ones is lower too iirc so AB would be limited by that I suspect.

Reactions: ZenRockGarden
i have too many roundabouts where i live to trust fsd..... but they also make spirited driving a bit more fun, esp with the MYP suspension (without the body roll)
It’s not that bad, I was zoned out one time and caught off guard by a roundabout in an unfamiliar town with a humongous fire truck that was waiting to enter which just confused me who’s turn it was along with other tourist also. It pulled it off successfully but slow, and better than what I would have done.